Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Everyone’s thoughts on Infinite?

OP C0BRA308

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I enjoyed the trailer, but a lot of people dislike and says it looks like a Minecraft game
C0BRA308 wrote:
I enjoyed the trailer, but a lot of people dislike and says it looks like a Minecraft game
It looks... Kind of awful? Like the majority hates the look and feel of H5 and it seems they double downed on it. It has potential, open world is great, but the fundamentals are all wrong. Plus thrust, sprint and clamber are back... All the things people hated about 5...

Fells like they ignored the fans tbh
I'm pretty meh. I hate the weapon designs with an unbridled passion
Honestly not a fan, I like certain aspects like the idea of fighting the banished and I genuinly enjoyed the music in the trailer but apart from that its just started to look reaaalllly generic open world shooter to me and thats kinda making me a bit worried.
I thought the Flood was going to be revealed later on in the trailer... sad.
Looks cartoony.. for a next gen title like wtf is this? The grapple hook just doesn’t sit right with me, does that mean they took away sprint?! And the banished drop ship looks like it’s made from LEGO :( the halo wars 2 banished looked intimidating and hardcore this looks just sigh I dunno overall I’m super disappointed.... it looks so blocky did they remove assassinations now?? And I don’t agree with just chief all the time other characters are good they just didn’t do it right with the last game. I hope what we were shown is not the final product. Even gears 5 on this gen looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better.
I personally really like the art style, it has a Halo Wars 2 feel to it which makes sense with Banished and all. The story has my attention, I just read an article on IGN about how there will be more story stuff coming post launch for the game so I guess it will be similar to HW2 and have expansions which sounds awesome to me.

Gameplay looks like Halo and feels like Halo to me, however we didn't see much of the movement since there is sprint, sliding, and I think clamber. The weapons look really fun to play with however and I love the variety.

Wanna see more but the game has me excited!
I'm disappointed. The gameplay is not Halo and the AI looks unintelligent.
C0BRA308 wrote:
Forge looks pretty good glad to see they added ai
It looks bad. Like really bad. The graphics look godawful and I was not impressed with the way gameplay looked. Though that could just be a case of whoever was behind the controller sucking at Normal difficulty, which is sadly the norm with game reveals.
C0BRA308 wrote:
It looks... Kind of awful? Like the majority hates the look and feel of H5 and it seems they double downed on it. It has potential, open world is great, but the fundamentals are all wrong. Plus thrust, sprint and clamber are back... All the things people hated about 5...

Fells like they ignored the fans tbh
That's kinda unfair to say, given they've listened way more in the last year. They don't have to listen to every little thing the community tells them to do, alot of it is up to them. And they cant just drop sprint when it's been in the past two games. Thrust wasn't a thing in the trailer, u got a grappling hook now if but it's only gonna be a pickup in multiplayer. It might look like Halo 5 but their putting their own style into it so give them a break, they aren't bungie and they're allowed to style the halo game however they want. I honestly think what they're doing is pretty intriguing, being able to pick up fusion coils sounds awesome. And they've already stated that they A R E N T D O NE with the game yet, they couldn't show off graphic fidelity in the trailer cuz of the stream and they still aren't done so it's needs polishing. Now can everyone please quit whining and look forward to a new game-
I have yet to watch the trailer but from what I see or hear it sounds interesting and good
That's kinda unfair to say, given they've listened way more in the last year.
You mean, after they finished designing the game?

And they cant just drop sprint when it's been in the past two games.
Sure they can.
Remember how dual wielding was removed after two games?
Remember how loadouts were removed after two games?

Thrust wasn't a thing in the trailer
Not as it was in H5G, but you can now slide in every direction, not just forward, essentially combining slide and thrust into one mechanic.
Celestis wrote:
That's kinda unfair to say, given they've listened way more in the last year.
You mean, after they finished designing the game?

Yeah, bcuz they already made the mistake. They don't have a time machine.
And they cant just drop sprint when it's been in the past two games.
Sure they can.
Remember how dual wielding was removed after two games?
Remember how loadouts were removed after two games?

Ok yeah, u got me there.
Thrust wasn't a thing in the trailer
Not as it was in H5G, but you can now slide in every direction, not just forward, essentially combining slide and thrust into one mechanic.

I don't think it's a totally bad idea to keep the sliding. Sprinting can be ok. But those things are more preference. I was just pointing out that their wasn't a thrust but yeah the sliding could be an issue. What did u think of the hook?
I don't think it's a totally bad idea to keep the sliding. Sprinting can be ok. But those things are more preference. I was just pointing out that their wasn't a thrust but yeah the sliding could be an issue.
I didn't say it would be an issue, I just wanted to point out that thrust technically isn't gone, it was just combined into slide.

What did u think of the hook?
Actually, I don't mind the hook. I might be in a minority there, but so far I think it's one of the better additions to Halo in recent years. It's certainly better than most of the stuff we got in H5G, that's for sure.

I don't know if I need to mention it, but I also haven't played Doom Eternal (yet), so I don't have any prior basis on how this could work or what the issues would be.
The flat textures and the hexagons making up the skyline make it look near exactly like minecraft in the distance. The artstyle seems like they tried to slightly go classic but really missed the mark. A lot of it looks like toys like the brute chieftains. You can compare the red infinite chieftain to halo 3s black and red one and there's no competition of which looks cooler. Same with things like the phantom which looks horrible. The guns to me seem like they don't fit as well, like you have the AR looking like the reach AR and then you have a load of more CODish weapons being showcased in the demo. I really don't like how the game looks. I like how MC looks but I feel as if something has gone wrong between the Slipspace engine trailer and the new demo. I really liked the Slipspace engine trailer, one of the only times I've been real excited for an upcoming halo but now I am just disappointed. The story looks like it's going to be a total mess and I don't like the marine sidekick either, it all seems very cringey like it was written for kids TV or something with that non intimidating bald brute at the end doing a hilarious speech or MC just randomly being like "we have to stop the banished" cause their randomly the big bad cause its the only idea 343 has had success with.

I dunno, I was thinking of holding out for the multiplayer cause I like how the Spartans look but with things like sprint and grapple which just looks dumb I'm even put off that.
I've mentioned this in previous threads, I liked it a lot. The graphics could use some work but I don't think it's as bad as what everyone else thinks. The dialogue and the story potential is great. That was my favorite part of the whole thing.

As far as clamber, sprint, and evade/thrust being in the game, I'm glad they're back. They felt like a natural evolution of Halo's gameplay and it was one of the things I liked about Halo 5.

Overall, I'm excited.
C0BRA308 wrote:
It has a blocky lego look to it.
C0BRA308 wrote:
Looks like a good game, the graphics are one of the last things at developing a game and they can do the Gears of War strategy, and looks fun to be messing around with the grappler or feel like a good with the sprint.
As a competitive halo player, I have never been one to care about graphics too much. It is all about the gameplay and how it feels. For one it certainly looks like a halo game and judging from that first level of campaign it seemed to have the feel of a halo game as well. Graphics can always be tweaked and judging from the backlash 343 received on the lack there of I am sure it will be tweaked before launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2