Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Excited for Halo Infinite's Blood Gulch rendition

OP wazi3

As a long time Halo fan, every Halo game has had a rendition of Blood Gulch (Halo: Combat Evolved).
Halo 2 - Cooagulation
Halo 3 - Valhalla
Halo 4 - Ragnarok
Halo 5 - Viking
Halo Infinite - ???
I love BTB and having a balanced big map is essential for this game type.
Personally, I would say Valhalla and Viking were my favorites so far.
Anyone else excited for this new map???
Isn't Viking long gone?
Also I think if Infinite plays anything like H5 -- and if it has a variant of Blood Gulch -- it'll be more like Valhalla/Ragnarok. The wide open space of the original Blood Gulch wouldn't work as well with the shorter time to kill.
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Also I think if Infinite plays anything like H5 -- and if it has a variant of Blood Gulch -- it'll be more like Valhalla/Ragnarok. The wide open space of the original Blood Gulch wouldn't work as well with the shorter time to kill.
Please, no, don't do H5 play style. That would just be tragic.
I want to see something new since Ragnarok and Viking are carbon copies of Valhalla. I think Exile was supposed to be the Blood Gulch rendition in H4, right? H5 doesn't have an "original" Blood Gulch rendition made by 343i.
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Agreed, it needs to go back to classic style game-play so maps designs can be more fun again, challenging.
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Agreed, it needs to go back to classic style game-play so maps designs can be more fun again, challenging.
I'm one of the people who don't mind the H5 gameplay, but I do agree that the maps in H5 are a lot less varied -- and therefore less fun. Also even if Infinite plays like H5, there should be a dedicated Classic playlist. I think it's a huge missed opportunity otherwise. There's a reason the H3 throwback playlist is one of the best in H5. Good gameplay and good maps.
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
I'm one of the people who don't mind the H5 gameplay, but I do agree that the maps in H5 are a lot less varied -- and therefore less fun. Also even if Infinite plays like H5, there should be a dedicated Classic playlist. I think it's a huge missed opportunity otherwise. There's a reason the H3 throwback playlist is one of the best in H5. Good gameplay and good maps.
Yeh...I'm the opposite. I kind of decided to avoid Halo 5 after I reached 152 since hated it but felt like I needed to be done with when I reached the max rank.
I don't see point in trying to create a classic playlist since they generally tend to play nothing like the original except for a similar map design.

If Halo Infinite plays like Halo 5...I don't know if I can cope with how stressful that game was and I literally uninstalled Halo 5 several times since it annoyed me to no end. Also have to disagree about the Halo 3 throwback playlist....as a solo player it annoyed me but it was sort of ok with friend....at that point I ended up just wanting to play Halo 3 on MCC instead.
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Yeh...I'm the opposite. I kind of decided to avoid Halo 5 after I reached 152 since hated it but felt like I needed to be done with when I reached the max rank.
I don't see point in trying to create a classic playlist since they generally tend to play nothing like the original except for a similar map design.

If Halo Infinite plays like Halo 5...I don't know if I can cope with how stressful that game was and I literally uninstalled Halo 5 several times since it annoyed me to no end. Also have to disagree about the Halo 3 throwback playlist....as a solo player it annoyed me but it was sort of ok with friend....at that point I ended up just wanting to play Halo 3 on MCC instead.
Yeah, I second the motion. Halo 5 gameplay is just not Halo gameplay. It feels like CoD Black Ops 3 or 4 and any other advanced movement futuristic shooter. I want a return to the classic gameplay like Halo 3.
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Yeah, I second the motion. Halo 5 gameplay is just not Halo gameplay. It feels like CoD Black Ops 3 or 4 and any other advanced movement futuristic shooter. I want a return to the classic gameplay like Halo 3.
Yeh same, I'm tired of modern Halo becoming a twitch shooter, just want Halo to be fun again. Halo hasn't felt the same since Reach but Reach was ok, just wasn't as stressful as Halo 5. I mostly been avoiding the CoD games for a while since don't feel like they know what there doing anymore.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Yeh same, I'm tired of modern Halo becoming a twitch shooter, just want Halo to be fun again. Halo hasn't felt the same since Reach but Reach was ok, just wasn't as stressful as Halo 5. I mostly been avoiding the CoD games for a while since don't feel like they know what there doing anymore.
Same. I could see a combination of Halo Reach and Halo 3 where you have equipment and "abilities" but they are a consumeable item and are used up after 1 use.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Isn't Viking long gone?
Same. I could see a combination of Halo Reach and Halo 3 where you have equipment and "abilities" but they are a consumeable item and are used up after 1 use.
I'm not sure. I think Doom 16 partially might be the best root for Halo to go since it had increased movement and yet didn't force a sprint system while the 'abilities' should stick to be pick-able 1 use....or unlimited in forge/action sack. The only thing I liked about Halo 5 was being able to climb things.