Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Explain to me how Cortana can be stopped?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In my train of thought, I would assume that Cortana with a billion AIs, each with UNSC ship, nation, and other native knowledge, is unstoppable. I believe, worse than Ultron. Especially with Guardians on her side that "one can police a solar system". Which on Genesis, you see like over 10.

In speculation, Cortana can not be stopped. She just EMP an entire planet and ships rotating it, nearly the Infinity as well, just under 5 seconds.

Honestly, Cortana sounds like she is absolutely broken in the story right now. If they find a way to beat her, thats surprising.
I dont think anything they do from this point on will make perfect sense. They are doing their best to repair the story without causing anymore plot holes. But after Halo 5 there is not much they can do.
In my train of thought, I would assume that Cortana with a billion AIs, each with UNSC ship, nation, and other native knowledge, is unstoppable. I believe, worse than Ultron. Especially with Guardians on her side that "one can police a solar system". Which on Genesis, you see like over 10.
In speculation, Cortana can not be stopped. She just EMP an entire planet and ships rotating it, nearly the Infinity as well, just under 5 seconds.

Honestly, Cortana sounds like she is absolutely broken in the story right now. If they find a way to beat her, thats surprising.
She has many a.i's but nowhere near a billion.And humanity doesnt have a billion ships either.I dont know where you get these numbers from
I dont think anything they do from this point on will make perfect sense. They are doing their best to repair the story without causing anymore plot holes. But after Halo 5 there is not much they can do.
Exactly. And yet, theres Halo Infinite. So it makes a good wonder to discuss any solution to how they can beat Cortana.

One solution I can only think of is Time Traveling but that idea was already taken by a 2-billion dollar movie.

She has many a.i's but nowhere near a billion.And humanity doesnt have a billion ships either.I dont know where you get these numbers from
Billion was an exaggerated metaphor. I mean a lot in general. And I never said a billion UNSC ships; I meant each AI with their own knowledge of the UNSC.

I dont know why you talking about my metaphors. You completely ignored the thread.

Billion was an exaggerated metaphor. I mean a lot in general. And I never said a billion UNSC ships; I meant each AI with their own knowledge of the UNSC.

I dont know why you talking about my metaphors. You completely ignored the thread.
You said a billion a.i's each with their own ship.If you read legacy if onyx u would see that guardians arent as invincible as you're making them out to be
It's simple... Just send her this message - "This scentense is false."

You said a billion a.i's each with their own ship.If you read legacy if onyx u would see that guardians arent as invincible as you're making them out to be
That's were grammar as well as context comes into place, (I think) he meant it as each AI she has, have a wealth of knowledge, some of UNSC ships and some with knowledge on their local star systems. I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted it anyways :P

That's were grammar as well as context comes into place, (I think) he meant it as each AI she has, have a wealth of knowledge, some of UNSC ships and some with knowledge on their local star systems. I could be wrong, but that is how I interpreted it anyways :P
All you have to do is stop cortana herself and the others dont matter.Kind of like the night king
I think the way Cortana could be defeated is either there's a massive threat or a fragment of Cortana left over from H4 is found since she split, well suspect one of those fragments may become a sort of alt-Cortana that will help to counter the evil Cortana. I have a theory that when Cortana in H4 split herself...a fragment didn't include the 'logic plague' since the code would have been removed or minimised the effect the virus has on her. Think about it...she split herself but at no point was there any indication that the AI was fully restored.
All you have to do is stop cortana herself and the others dont matter.Kind of like the night king
Ignoring how its pretty difficult to kill her when she has a super cloud thats effectively another dimension, there's the other matter of she isn't directly controlling the other AI's. There's no reason to believe the others would suddenly stop.
If you read legacy if onyx u would see that guardians arent as invincible as you're making them out to be
Yeah they're effectively going to beat them by nerfing them to hell. Their depiction in h5 shows them much more compotently.
ronnie42 wrote:
I think the way Cortana could be defeated is either there's a massive threat or a fragment of Cortana left over from H4 is found since she split, well suspect one of those fragments may become a sort of alt-Cortana that will help to counter the evil Cortana. I have a theory that when Cortana in H4 split herself...a fragment didn't include the 'logic plague' since the code would have been removed or minimised the effect the virus has on her. Think about it...she split herself but at no point was there any indication that the AI was fully restored.
The indication was that the AI was destroyed. It just so happens that one (or a few more) made it into the Domain. Possibly via the Composer. The best bet to defeat Cortana would be to destroy the Domain.
With hints that the Didact is trapped in the Domain, I feel a jailbreak situation where he is freed and able to take control from her is in order. He'd be more experienced with what the Domain is then her I'd reckon.
The flood is going to come back and then Cortana and humanity will have to focus on stopping the flood. This will unite them and she'll see the worth in humans. And then they all live happily ever after. La-ti-fricken-da
The flood is going to come back and then Cortana and humanity will have to focus on stopping the flood. This will unite them and she'll see the worth in humans. And then they all live happily ever after. La-ti-fricken-da
Because being united with them against the covenant and the flood already didnt teach her this? She's literally been united with humanity against a common threat for over half her life.
MysticKami wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The indication was that the AI was destroyed. It just so happens that one (or a few more) made it into the Domain. Possibly via the Composer. The best bet to defeat Cortana would be to destroy the Domain.
Probably be unlikely since there's too many unknown's about the Domain that the game's could reveal, just destroying it would feel like cheating us of more extended lore in the games. I'd rather something cause her connection to the domain be severed. I don't think it was ever clear what happened to Cortana....like some claimed she had died in H4, which was obviously not true. I suspect ONI still has the data on lockdown on Cortana.
Thats like Injustice 2. Superman and Batman unite against Brainiac. Once the threat is defeated, doesn't meant they will unite.

Unless Chief and Cortana die together and BOOM, Romeo and Juliet families unite.
There are many options to defeating Cortana apparently. But each with a plot-hole. Either not enough information, the motivation from others aren't reliable, or just plain unable to get to. Its these situations that 343i have to properly explain in order to make Halo Infinite understandable.

Its my opinion, thats what happens when you cram lore into everything. It just gets hard to explain it all.
Cortana is not the only AI in existence and not all AI are on her side. Roland seemed very much on the Humans side at the end of Halo 5. There are loyal AI's.
Cortana's weakness is also the Master Chief. How can she hurt the one person she was designed to protect? I'm absolutely sure 343 can dig their way out of the hole they made. Microsoft is breathing down their necks, so I don't think they want to disappoint again.

How can she be stopped? Well this could be a list but I’ll take out the unlikely ones as well as brief each point I make so it’s easy to understand.

Firstly, Humanity knows that Cortana’s weakness is the Chief, they could use the Chief to draw her out to a vulnerable position then they A) Kill her or B) Use her as bait for the other AIs to stand down, then lock them all away like BB did to all the ONI AIs.

Secondly, the Infinity is a strong ship, we don’t know how well armored Guardians are so they could resort to taking down the Guardians with MACs eventually reducing Cortana’s Guardians to piles of scrap. This leads to the UNSC winning then somehow they deal with the AIs and Cortana themselves.

Another way they could do this is by putting Spartans on to the Guardians which allows them to get closer to Cortana and eventually infiltrating Cortana’s base or Guardian (depending on where she is positioned) taking the fight to her. This will lead to them capturing/killing her, cutting the head of the leader. This could be a similar case to the fall of the Covenant, with Cortana’s AIs being uncoordinated and therefore easier to defeat.

The last one I can think of is the flood return, in a galactic threat level. They have amassed a large army and so the Created, Humanity and Sanghelli and other species such as Brutes maybe, must team up in order to fight off the flood. However as Cortana has the logic plague she decides to side with the flood. Cortana’s AIs feel betrayed by her and side with Humanity and the other allied species leading to Cortana and the floods inevitable defeat, but this battle is long and tiring for each species, but they eventually form a galactic truce or something similar to that to remember that fight.

So those are my possible theories for Infinite and I did save the most realistic and best story I could come up with for last with some lore bits thrown in (the lore being Cortana infected with the logic plague) but I wonder what 343 does have planned for Infinite and I hope they knock it out of the park, whatever it may be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2