Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Explain to me how Cortana can be stopped?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Chief is honestly their only saving grace at the moment as she would never attempt to harm him. She cares about him far too much to even consider it. So I can definitely see Chief possibly distracting her while the UNSC and the Swords of Sangheilios attempt to disarm her of her Created and her Guardians. This, however, means that the Master Chief will likely give himself to her as a means of getting her to trust him by willingly seeking her out of his own accord. Sounds pretty cliché and overdone, but I can see it happening.

He is her current objective, that's most likely why she wants to find the Infinity so badly. She can probably guess that if he were to return to the UNSC after going AWOL, he would most likely return to the UNSC's largest Flagship in the Fleet. He is rather familiar with the ship after being stationed to it for some time. Possibly the longest time he and Blue Team have ever been stationed to one ship seeing as Spartans roam quite frequently with how often they're tugged to and fro for various missions across UNSC occupied space.
Many instances that larger more powerful foes lost due to unforeseen circumstances, turn of events, or even hubris of the opposition. We could see something like the creation of another AI from Halsey's brain (and not a cloned one therefore smarter maybe? Death of Halsey?) and then see some sort of A.I. turncoats or cyber battles. Maybe the covies finally create A.I. or we make one from a scanned Sanghelli brain? Who knows. Creative writing could go anywhere. Once you determined she was to powerful to stop (like the covies at one point?) you have already lost and all options against get dismissed due to bias.
At least from humanity's perspective, I think that Earth and the Colonies are going to get absolutely thrashed by the Cortana by means of the Guardians, forcing the UNSC to scatter and operate in a disjointed manner, hunting down the remnants that are not tied to UNSC bases of operation within the UEG; there's just no way they can put up a fight to something so overwhelmingly powerful. In returning to echoes of classic themes of Halo games, I think they're going to take the concept of being "the last spartan" and humanity's last hope and translate that into the situation that Infinite presents, which is being a lone surviving UNSC ship and crew stranded on a Halo Ring, using it either as a hiding place or some sort of makeshift base of operations after being found. Now I'm not sure how the significance of the Halo Ring will play in, but I assume it will hold the key to defeating Cortana, possibly through the Mendicant Bias's history of being on Zeta Halo and his relation to the Domain (if he has one). Additionally, I believe Halsey will controversially produce another Cortana AI for Chief, who will become some sort of McGuffin device for defeating Cortana. Maybe the two A.I. will assimilate, or New Cortana will be able to impersonate Old Cortana as part of a plot to end the Guardian's siege on Earth and her colonies, something along those lines.
munk07 wrote:
Cortana is not the only AI in existence and not all AI are on her side. Roland seemed very much on the Humans side at the end of Halo 5. There are loyal AI's.
Cortana's weakness is also the Master Chief. How can she hurt the one person she was designed to protect? I'm absolutely sure 343 can dig their way out of the hole they made. Microsoft is breathing down their necks, so I don't think they want to disappoint again.
Maybe Microsoft breathing down there necks is the reason they find themselves in this situation in the first place.
The flood is going to come back and then Cortana and humanity will have to focus on stopping the flood. This will unite them and she'll see the worth in humans. And then they all live happily ever after. La-ti-fricken-da
Because being united with them against the covenant and the flood already didnt teach her this? She's literally been united with humanity against a common threat for over half her life.
Oh this wasn't a serious suggestion. I'm just assuming this will happen if the writing stays lazy.
She’s a computerized AI, pour water on her......

No but for real. I don’t know how she can be defeated but obviously 343i has something figured out. The only thing I can imagine is if the desert trailer from (2014?) is linked to Halo Infinite. They said he’s hiding himself in that trailer. Mendicant Bias or Guilty Spark is the only thing I can come up with.
In my train of thought, I would assume that Cortana with a billion AIs, each with UNSC ship, nation, and other native knowledge, is unstoppable. I believe, worse than Ultron. Especially with Guardians on her side that "one can police a solar system". Which on Genesis, you see like over 10.
In speculation, Cortana can not be stopped. She just EMP an entire planet and ships rotating it, nearly the Infinity as well, just under 5 seconds.

Honestly, Cortana sounds like she is absolutely broken in the story right now. If they find a way to beat her, thats surprising.
She has many a.i's but nowhere near a billion.And humanity doesnt have a billion ships either.I dont know where you get these numbers from
Billion was an exaggerated metaphor. I mean a lot in general. And I never said a billion UNSC ships; I meant each AI with their own knowledge of the UNSC.

I dont know why you talking about my metaphors. You completely ignored the thread.
I kind of doubt that. Remember they were still recovering from a near extinction event due to the great war with the Covenant. I'm still baffled as to why the Infinite exists since humanity's resources were stretched thin and many planets that were glassed, which means a lot of the fleets population would have been severely decreased. From what I can gather most of the ships were either destroyed or MIA or unknown status.I suspect the only way 'corrupted' Cortana could be defeated is if John found a fragment from Halo 4, Halsey analysed her then created a sort of anti-virus. Which means the Flood Logic Plague virus could get erased, resorting to her memories from Halo 1/2 while forgetting everything after Halo 3, resorting to her classic appearance. This would mean John would have to bait and trap her to force the reset, what better place to do this?, on a Halo ring due to her nostalgia.

munk07 wrote:
Cortana is not the only AI in existence and not all AI are on her side. Roland seemed very much on the Humans side at the end of Halo 5. There are loyal AI's.
Cortana's weakness is also the Master Chief. How can she hurt the one person she was designed to protect? I'm absolutely sure 343 can dig their way out of the hole they made. Microsoft is breathing down their necks, so I don't think they want to disappoint again.
Maybe Microsoft breathing down there necks is the reason they find themselves in this situation in the first place.
Maybe, maybe not. I suspect the AI on her side was infected, Roland seemed to barely be caught by Cortana...which is why the Infinite escaped. It's also possible Roland was lying, is actually working for Cortana.
ronnie42 wrote:
In my train of thought, I would assume that Cortana with a billion AIs, each with UNSC ship, nation, and other native knowledge, is unstoppable. I believe, worse than Ultron. Especially with Guardians on her side that "one can police a solar system". Which on Genesis, you see like over 10.
In speculation, Cortana can not be stopped. She just EMP an entire planet and ships rotating it, nearly the Infinity as well, just under 5 seconds.

Honestly, Cortana sounds like she is absolutely broken in the story right now. If they find a way to beat her, thats surprising.
She has many a.i's but nowhere near a billion.And humanity doesnt have a billion ships either.I dont know where you get these numbers from
Billion was an exaggerated metaphor. I mean a lot in general. And I never said a billion UNSC ships; I meant each AI with their own knowledge of the UNSC.

I dont know why you talking about my metaphors. You completely ignored the thread.
I kind of doubt that. Remember they were still recovering from a near extinction event due to the great war with the Covenant. I'm still baffled as to why the Infinite exists since humanity's resources were stretched thin and many planets that were glassed, which means a lot of the fleets population would have been severely decreased. From what I can gather most of the ships were either destroyed or MIA or unknown status.I suspect the only way 'corrupted' Cortana could be defeated is if John found a fragment from Halo 4, Halsey analysed her then created a sort of anti-virus. Which means the Flood Logic Plague virus could get erased, resorting to her memories from Halo 1/2 while forgetting everything after Halo 3, resorting to her classic appearance. This would mean John would have to bait and trap her to force the reset, what better place to do this?, on a Halo ring due to her nostalgia.

munk07 wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. I suspect the AI on her side was infected, Roland seemed to barely be caught by Cortana...which is why the Infinite escaped. It's also possible Roland was lying, is actually working for Cortana.
We dont know how many AI didn't join Cortana. It only shows Roland with one line after the last mission. Most importantly, who knows if Roland is just being a double agent lmao. But for sure, I don't think they need Roland over the other thousand they have. Unless Roland the only one with the Infinity's information.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2