1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
It needs to leave this franchise. Start over. Doom did it, Wolfenstein did it. Everybody loves Bethesda. Pro tip, 343: Be more like Bethesda and not Bungie, because Bungie is long gone.
LbonB312 wrote:
It needs to leave this franchise. Start over. Doom did it, Wolfenstein did it. Everybody loves Bethesda. Pro tip, 343: Be more like Bethesda and not Bungie, because Bungie is long gone.
Lol halo is a very different situation from either of those games, as halo hasn't been on a dacades-long hiatus
LbonB312 wrote:
Lol halo is a very different situation from either of those games, as halo hasn't been on a dacades-long hiatus
I doubt Microsoft wants to wait another decade to make a comeback. Change, and lots of it, needs to come as soon as possible.
God I hope not. There is just no reason for it.

ADS in H5 is objectively worse than zoom in terms of player visibility and activation speed. It is a step back lorewise where smart-link was used to explain why you didn't need to ADS on weapons. To top it all off was also completely inconsistent, why do some weapons need to ADS when others just have a holographic overlay? Why can I "ADS" with a bloody sword?

Not to mention that it is still a huge change to the entire sandbox where a scope used to be a trait specific to certain weapons. ADS was added for two reasons: 1.) To try and appeal to fans of other shooters. 2.) To make increase the use of traditionally close range only weapons on the maps inflated to make room for Lootbox mode aka Warzone and sprint.

Its just rounding off the edges off the edges of the square peg to make it fit in a round hole. Like many of the additions made to Halo over the years it doesn't fix any of the existing problems Halo already had nor does it add anything of significant value to what was already there
I see ADS as a art style choice in halo 5, it’s esstentially the same as zoom but 343 lied about it not improving accuracy and tightinng bullet spread which it should never have.

we are going back to old style art scheme right? Then I expect this Halo 5 monstrosity ADS to be scrapped and welcome good old fashioned zoom and no more flinch. Looking at you Halo 4.
LH Justin wrote:
So say we return to classic gameplay. How would you feel if ADS (aim down sights) were to stay in the game? I always see people debating enhanced mobility so much and never hear anyone mention ADS so I want to know people's thoughts on it. Personally, I kind of like it.
I said this in another post today. This forum is biased.
So many players have left the game and community, most of the people on these forums who remain like the current games.
However the cold hard truth is the games are not working, look at sales numbers, player counts, or practically anywhere.
I think a truly classic Halo could be what the community needs right now.
I can't play Halo 5, bought it played a week then sold my Xbox One
Only have one now for MCC to play Halo 2 and 3 mostly
15 years I played Halo, but I cannot enjoy one second of Halo 5
ADS, Sprint all big reasons. They make me feel sick.
Great!
I personally think they should not be in competitive play, social/fun playlists are fine. Spartan is so annoying on small maps, kids will just sprint whole time then spartan charge, very annoying.
I personally think they should not be in competitive play, social/fun playlists are fine. Spartan is so annoying on small maps, kids will just sprint whole time then spartan charge, very annoying.
ADS isn't a part of Spartan Abilities.
Ya let's take away a zooming style that was unique, let you see your target fully, a system that could be easily updated graphically and such.... for a zooming system that breaks lore (according to people that know lore way better than me) covers up more of your target because all you see is your dam gun (oh the pistol, such a joke when you zoom in) and my personal favorite, too a zooming style that looks like every other generic FPS out there on the market. Ya that will help your game stand out... smart play there 343I 🙄

There was absolutely no reason to change to this style of zooming. You could easily "jazz up" the original style if they wanted. It's far from an improvement over the classic style. Zooming in is supposed to let you see your target better, not worst! And the system we have now makes it much worst on most guns. Let's be honest here, 343I just added it to try to appeal to fans of other FPS. I thought they learned there lesson with doing stuff like that after Halo 4, but apparently not. ADS for me and many of my friends too actually is one of thy worst features that has been put into Halo. I honestly hate it with the passion!! It needs to go!
tsassi wrote:
I never thought ADS should've been in the game in the first place, and my thoughts haven't changed. It's not a feature that contributes to gameplay in any beneficial way, and I don't care for it visually. It's one of those features that does nothing but makes Halo less unique. So, if Halo is to find its own tune again, I think it would help to get rid of ADS.
ok
I like the classic zoom. I don't want to see ads in Infinite
Ya let's take away a zooming style that was unique, let you see your target fully, a system that could be easily updated graphically and such.... for a zooming system that breaks lore, covers up more of your target because all you see is your dam gun (oh the pistol, such a joke when you zoom in) and my personal favorite, too a zooming style that looks like every other generic FPS out there on the market. Ya that will help your game stand out... smart play there 343I 🙄

There was absolutely no reason to change to this style of zooming. You could easily "jazz up" the original style if they wanted. It's far from an improvement over the classic style. Zooming in is supposed to let you see your target better, not worst! And the system we have now makes it much worst on most guns. Let's be honest here, 343I just added it to try to appeal to fans of other FPS. I thought they learned there lesson with doing stuff like that after Halo 4, but apparently not. ADS for me and many of my friends too actually is one of thy worst features that has been put into Halo. I honestly hate it with the passion!! It needs to go!
I'll say it again, lore should never influence game mechanics. It's bad game design waiting to happen.

It doesn't really cover anything up. Just right underneath your target.

As I said to another person: just because something is "generic" doesn't mean it's bad.

There's really only two downfalls to the "new" mechanic.
  • It adds scoping to automatic weapons (which I consider a good thing, personally).
  • The animation time instead of instantaneous scope (but it effects everyone so I don't see the problem).
But yes, we should remove a feature in a game played by millions because you personally hate it.
I like the classic zoom. I don't want to see ads in Infinite
Any reasons why? They work almost the same, except to me ADS is prettier.
WerepyreND wrote:
God I hope not. There is just no reason for it.

ADS in H5 is objectively worse than zoom in terms of player visibility and activation speed. It is a step back lorewise where smart-link was used to explain why you didn't need to ADS on weapons. To top it all off was also completely inconsistent, why do some weapons need to ADS when others just have a holographic overlay? Why can I "ADS" with a bloody sword?
What a great point. I forgot about this. This is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. I totally agree.
LH Justin wrote:
Ya let's take away a zooming style that was unique, let you see your target fully, a system that could be easily updated graphically and such.... for a zooming system that breaks lore, covers up more of your target because all you see is your dam gun (oh the pistol, such a joke when you zoom in) and my personal favorite, too a zooming style that looks like every other generic FPS out there on the market. Ya that will help your game stand out... smart play there 343I 🙄

I'll say it again, lore should never influence game mechanics. It's bad game design waiting to happen.

As I said to another person: just because something is "generic" doesn't mean it's bad.

• It adds scoping to automatic weapons (which I consider a good thing, personally).
  • The animation time instead of instantaneous scope (but it effects everyone so I don't see the problem).
But yes, we should remove a feature in a game played by millions because you personally hate it.
I don't disagree about lore influencing gameplay, but when 343I says that they're following lore in there games, then it should matter. I didn't make that decision, they did.

It doesn't cover up anything?? Are you freaking kidding me. When you zoom in with the pistol it covers up 3/4 of your target!! Zooming is supposed to help you see the target better not obscure it! The BR isn't much better.

No generic doesn't necessarily mean bad I agree, but should you put something in your game just because other people are doing it? No you shouldn't and the bigger more important reason is it doesn't help your product stand out in anyway from the competition. It just blends in with everything else.

What do you think a person's going to be more interested in If they walk by a store and see a new FPS game being previewed on a monitor and they A) see a game that has the same zoom looks as every FPS game out there in the last 15 years or so or B) see a game that has a zoom style that they've never seen (a lot of people haven't played a FPS that doesn't have ADS style zooming remember) or maybe haven't seen it an extremely long time. I think most people are going to be option B as people like seeing something new or a different take or something. The old zoom style at least offers something different and as I said, they could easily update the look of it too. Think Ironman or Terminator when they zoom in on a target, something like this. That would look bad -Yoink-!! Details like how far away the target is, what the target is, etc etc

• Scoping on autos is dumb. I can maybe understand the assault rifle as it is a rilfe, but others...no. it turns close range weapons into mid range weapons.
  • Yup the animation time is ridiculous. Again the old system did it better here too.
No, 343I should remove ADS style zooming from Halo because it breaks lore (which they say matters, not me) it's an inferior system in every single way from the old one and it does nothing to help Halo stand out of the crowd. That's why it should be removed, not because I don't like it.
I completely agree ADS is too generic and doesn't remind me of Halo
However I also feel like sprint and all other advanced movement needs to go too
Just go back to the last successful title and rebuild from there
LH Justin wrote:

I don't disagree about lore influencing gameplay, but when 343I says that they're following lore in there games, then it should matter. I didn't make that decision, they did.

It doesn't cover up anything?? Are you freaking kidding me. When you zoom in with the pistol it covers up 3/4 of your target!! Zooming is supposed to help you see the target better not obscure it! The BR isn't much better.

No generic doesn't necessarily mean bad I agree, but should you put something in your game just because other people are doing it? No you shouldn't and the bigger more important reason is it doesn't help your product stand out in anyway from the competition. It just blends in with everything else.

What do you think a person's going to be more interested in If they walk by a store and see a new FPS game being previewed on a monitor and they A) see a game that has the same zoom looks as every FPS game out there in the last 15 years or so or B) see a game that has a zoom style that they've never seen (a lot of people haven't played a FPS that doesn't have ADS style zooming remember) or maybe haven't seen it an extremely long time. I think most people are going to be option B as people like seeing something new or a different take or something. The old zoom style at least offers something different and as I said, they could easily update the look of it too. Think Ironman or Terminator when they zoom in on a target, something like this. That would look bad -Yoink-!! Details like how far away the target is, what the target is, etc etc

• Scoping on autos is dumb. I can maybe understand the assault rifle as it is a rilfe, but others...no. it turns close range weapons into mid range weapons.
  • Yup the animation time is ridiculous. Again the old system did it better here too.
No, 343I should remove ADS style zooming from Halo because it breaks lore (which they say matters, not me) it's an inferior system in every single way from the old one and it does nothing to help Halo stand out of the crowd. That's why it should be removed, not because I don't like it.
The animation time is literally non-existent. The Tim it took a scope to kick into the actual zoom in classic halos is hardly longer than the animation frames for zooming ADS in H5. You people crying about that amount of time have no positive perception about why it's even in there in the first place. It gives cleaner visuals rather than the old boring generic engine crap we had in previous halos.

I like the advanced visuals ADS gives and the timing differences in scoping are so ridiculously microscopic now from the past that you negative biased players literally are trying to split hairs with the good and the bad. There's no point.

You want advanced?.....then you move forward. Not backwards. Just like all these people crying about removing Sprint. Idk about you guys but with a title called Halo INFINITE, it sounds big, and my -Yoink- is NOT trying to cover a massive planet with my only means as WALKING. ANYONE that played Destiny 2 after the intro knows what I'm talking about. Even 10 minutes of no Sprint and barely trudging along was super annoying, so sure, let's go back to that and frustrate everyone.🙄

ADS is fine and looks better, quit nitpicking, everyone.
LH Justin wrote:

The animation time is literally non-existent. The Tim it took a scope to kick into the actual zoom in classic halos is hardly longer than the animation frames for zooming ADS in H5. You people crying about that amount of time have no positive perception about why it's even in there in the first place. It gives cleaner visuals rather than the old boring generic engine crap we had in previous halos.

I like the advanced visuals ADS gives and the timing differences in scoping are so ridiculously microscopic now from the past that you negative biased players literally are trying to split hairs with the good and the bad. There's no point.

You want advanced?.....then you move forward. Not backwards. Just like all these people crying about removing Sprint. Idk about you guys but with a title called Halo INFINITE, it sounds big, and my -Yoink- is NOT trying to cover a massive planet with my only means as WALKING. ANYONE that played Destiny 2 after the intro knows what I'm talking about. Even 10 minutes of no Sprint and barely trudging along was super annoying, so sure, let's go back to that and frustrate everyone.🙄

ADS is fine and looks better, quit nitpicking, everyone.
I think people are nitpicking because the games are literally dying, low sales and player counts
Also Halo 2 and Halo 3 had a base movement speed that was faster than Halo 4 and 5 with sprint
There is a good comparison video online too that proves without a doubt that point
The modern Halo games are toxic and terrible by comparison to anything classic
Halo Online a modded privately made game has more people online than Halo 4 did after a year...
That shows IMO that people want a classic Halo
ADS is not entirely foreign to Halo to begin with. One could argue that it's been around since the Halo CE pistol, then continued with the Battle Rifle, Carbine, the scoped SMG from ODST and possibly even the rocket launcher/fuel rod cannon.

I think 343 really ought to hunker down and find a way to embrace it in a way that is distinctly Halo and not just a repeat of what we see in many other games these days. It has been a long, long time since I've read the books, but from what I recall, there is mention of Spartans having a sort of "ADS" that is more integrated into their heads-up-display which is really what we see with the original pistol and Battle Rifle.

I think something close to what I'm referring to is executed well in the SPV3 mod for Custom Edition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX4WdG3q7DU

It might seem redundant, but I think the addition of any features that didn't exist in the classic Halo styles should always be contemplated from the perspective of how these things would naturally mesh with the Halo universe.
It's inclusion has added some interesting new things to halo's gameplay, which I'm fine with.
I'd deal with it but I certainly prefer no ADS. I want classic but if they put ADS I'll still play the game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12