2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
I have mixed feelings on ADS. I dislike that some weapons feel a bit useless if you don't do it. However, I enjoy that you get a bit more range with some weapons without really being zoomed in. I think the holographic graphics look pretty good too. But I feel like if they bring it back they should not give any sort of bonuses for using it, with the exception of a slight range boost. And even then, I'm not sure if it's fun or balanced. It doesn't really seem fair to have an advantage over someone just by using it.

I don't know... personally I barely use it in Halo 5. I feel like it just doesn't belong there. I feel like there must be other ways to make weapons and gameplay more interesting (and balanced). In conclusion: I like how it looks, but not how it plays.
They said they won't have ADS in H5, but they are. You get more accuracy and increased range with some weapons like the sword. Remove this -Yoinking!- kebab and keep it away from Halo.
i'm not a fan of ADS in halo... it is one of the things, that made h5 feel to me more like COD/BF/Titanfall than a halo game
LH Justin wrote:
I always see people debating enhanced mobility so much and never hear anyone mention ADS so I want to know people's thoughts on it.
Movement mechanics is probably a hotter topic because it’s more important to a lot of people. I’m indifferent to ADS.
LH Justin wrote:
OxDaV wrote:
Halo with NO ads is a must.It's changing halo to much...but on the other hand,eh,Remove BASE abilities and sprint that will make halo truly halo unique. Everything else are small things.
How is it changing Halo?
ads changes halo's uniqueness and makes it like other fps
How is this bad from a gameplay point of view though? This "uniqueness" seems to be just an idea in peoples heads. I dare you to find a game that play like Halo 5.
Mirraslogo wrote:
I have mixed feelings on ADS. I dislike that some weapons feel a bit useless if you don't do it. However, I enjoy that you get a bit more range with some weapons without really being zoomed in. I think the holographic graphics look pretty good too. But I feel like if they bring it back they should not give any sort of bonuses for using it, with the exception of a slight range boost. And even then, I'm not sure if it's fun or balanced. It doesn't really seem fair to have an advantage over someone just by using it.

I don't know... personally I barely use it in Halo 5. I feel like it just doesn't belong there. I feel like there must be other ways to make weapons and gameplay more interesting (and balanced). In conclusion: I like how it looks, but not how it plays.
Yeah, I think maybe the accuracy
LH Justin wrote:
I always see people debating enhanced mobility so much and never hear anyone mention ADS so I want to know people's thoughts on it.
Movement mechanics is probably a hotter topic because it’s more important to a lot of people. I’m indifferent to ADS.
Yeah, that's why I was trying to see what people thought.
bonus should be removed.
I don't have a problem with ADS and it was hardly a reason for the issues of H5. I personally would like it back with boost, but get rid of Spartan charge and ground pound.
I prefer Smart-Link to the old style zoom, personally. Just looks better.

However, I think they should be much more careful in terms of how Smart-Link like changes things like spread, recoil, etc.

You could actually do something kind of interesting with Smart-Link on weapons which traditionally features zoom like the BR and DMR. When in Smart-Link, clicking LS (like zoom on a sniper) swaps between Smart-Link and classic zoom. Zoom would give you more central focus but cost you peripheral vision
If halo ever has TRUE ADS in it, I'll never play halo again.

True ADS
* your strafe becomes non exisent once you hold down snail trigger (ADS). This feature slows movement down. Essentially causing you to slow the entire game speed down to take a shot
* bonus damage on head shots (with shields up)...sniper type weapons obviously are special cases.
* hip fire precision duels disappear. The game becomes bland, all fights generally feel exactly the same
* without ADS'ing, hip fire reticle has massive bloom, bloom on BSM, and bloom for jumping (all without even having taken a shot yet)

All that being said....I'm glad halo 5 doesn't have true ADS. The only gripes I have are zoom on cqc weapons. For the new halo, halo infinite....I would be fine with how things already work right now, but if true ADS comes...it's game over.
I feel that ADS and most weapons of Halo should not mix. Of course ADS is acceptable with snipers and marksman rifles and even the pistol, but ADS on the assault rifle or SMG is not good. In my opinion it diminishes certain weapons and makes them what they aren’t supposed to be. The the MA5 family of assault rifles are supposed to be used for close quarters combat only, but adding ADS to it gives it the range of a sniper rifle.

However, I think they should be much more careful in terms of how Smart-Link like changes things like spread, recoil, etc.

You could actually do something kind of interesting with Smart-Link on weapons which traditionally features zoom like the BR and DMR. When in Smart-Link, clicking LS (like zoom on a sniper) swaps between Smart-Link and classic zoom. Zoom would give you more central focus but cost you peripheral vision
Yeah, I don't think it should affect the accuracy of the weapons.

True ADS
* your strafe becomes non exisent once you hold down snail trigger (ADS). This feature slows movement down. Essentially causing you to slow the entire game speed down to take a shot
* bonus damage on head shots (with shields up)...sniper type weapons obviously are special cases.
* hip fire precision duels disappear. The game becomes bland, all fights generally feel exactly the same
* without ADS'ing, hip fire reticle has massive bloom, bloom on BSM, and bloom for jumping (all without even having taken a shot yet)

All that being said....I'm glad halo 5 doesn't have true ADS. The only gripes I have are zoom on cqc weapons. For the new halo, halo infinite....I would be fine with how things already work right now, but if true ADS comes...it's game over.
That's my feeling. People get so caught up on the visual representation that they forget it has little impact on the gameplay.
I feel that ADS and most weapons of Halo should not mix. Of course ADS is acceptable with snipers and marksman rifles and even the pistol, but ADS on the assault rifle or SMG is not good. In my opinion it diminishes certain weapons and makes them what they aren’t supposed to be. The the MA5 family of assault rifles are supposed to be used for close quarters combat only, but adding ADS to it gives it the range of a sniper rifle.
ADS in Halo doesn't increase range, it just slightly decreases bullet spread.
LH Justin wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it should affect the accuracy of the weapons.

True ADS

That's my feeling. People get so caught up on the visual representation that they forget it has little impact on the gameplay.
ADS in Halo doesn't increase range, it just slightly decreases bullet spread.
What I like about halo 5 is that there actually is precision damage on the AR, SMG type weapons. Excluding the sword (and maybe even shottie and scatter cause it feels so weird having to mash in right stick just to get an accurate shot up close) there no longer is the spray and pray tactic. Now you actually know why you've lost. You still have to aim, and the head shots after shields burst are as important as your final shot with the magnum, br, etc.

The range at times does make a player throw up their arms like "are you serious?" But at the same time...you'd also have to realize just how bad an AR or smg was to a BR. People were used to those easy kills if the other guy wasn't holding a precision weapon...namely a BR lol which in h5 is basically interchangeable with any precision weapon as far as feeling goes when its AR vs precision weapon.
Unpopular opinion alert: halo 5's smart link was one of the better single aspects of the game
Unpopular opinion alert: halo 5's smart link was one of the better single aspects of the game
I feel like there are two ways to interpret this opinion.
tsassi wrote:
True enough, my meaning was that smart link was easily the least intrusive Spartan Ability seeing as how you can just not use it, and while I may be biased (As I really like halo 5's general gameplay), I honestly don't fully understand why it's controversial. I've read all the posts here but none of them are both accurate to the impact of smart link in game and successful at convincing me that its impact is detrimental.

Sorry if it looked like my first post was trolling.
tsassi wrote:
I never thought ADS should've been in the game in the first place, and my thoughts haven't changed. It's not a feature that contributes to gameplay in any beneficial way, and I don't care for it visually. It's one of those features that does nothing but makes Halo less unique. So, if Halo is to find its own tune again, I think it would help to get rid of ADS.
Well said
I actually prefer full-on ADS for any game that features shooting. It adds more depth and dimensionality to the experience by drawing a clearer distinction between movement and shooting. Being able to run and shoot with perfect accuracy makes the game simpler and easier, just like being able to run and reload makes the game simpler and easier. You don't have to worry about whether a teammate is providing overwatch as you push forward, and you don't have to worry about whether you might run out of ammo while you're zipping about. It makes the game less reliant on tactics and more reliant on bunny hopping and strafing, so much so that if strafing were ever removed, the game would be fundamentally broken. That is an incredibly shallow foundation to build a game upon. This isn't 1996 anymore. Now, there's nothing inherently wrong with making a classic-style game for the sake of making a classic style game, I just don't like Halo being that only for the sake of being that.

I honestly feel people's resistance to ADS has much more to do with their hatred of Call of Duty. If Halo 2 had ADS, I think the reaction would be very different. A great game is a great game no matter what it looks like or plays like. AND to be clear, there are countless implementations of what we call ADS beyond Call of Duty's, many existing prior to its release. Please don't assume I like that implementation. I don't.
tsassi wrote:
True enough, my meaning was that smart link was easily the least intrusive Spartan Ability seeing as how you can just not use it, and while I may be biased (As I really like halo 5's general gameplay), I honestly don't fully understand why it's controversial. I've read all the posts here but none of them are both accurate to the impact of smart link in game and successful at convincing me that its impact is detrimental.

Sorry if it looked like my first post was trolling.
Exactly.
ADS as a whole is just replacing the old zoom mechanic from previous Halo games. Other then that, it doesn't do much of anything which effects the core gameplay at all.
Not to mention you now have a scope of some sort on every single weapon, whether it's the assault rifle or the plasma rifle. Not just a few of the weapons.
I think the art direction of ADS is fantastic, but functionally I find it to be more annoying than helpful. I think that it should be a purely cosmetic feature, and that players should be allowed to toggle between ADS or a simple Zoom (maybe that is aesthetically dressed up like in 4). However, competitive modes should restrict it to one or the other.
I lean towards it. I like how it was done with the Assault Rifle and Projection SMG as they don't have a scope per say. However, I think the magnum should have a 2.5× and the BR a 4× classic style such as the classic scoped BR or the tactical magnum. Blending it like this could potentially please the majority.
i dislike ads less than spartan abilities and sprint. but id still prefer zoom to ads
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12