3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12
Red III wrote:
i dislike ads less than spartan abilities and sprint. but id still prefer zoom to ads
I don't understand the difference between ads and zoom. It's an art change. That's it.
Red III wrote:
i dislike ads less than spartan abilities and sprint. but id still prefer zoom to ads
I don't understand the difference between ads and zoom. It's an art change. That's it.
I want to still have it because then we can aim with LT on the controller and that's what I'm used to.
Red III wrote:
ADS is objectively worse for the player as it is both slower to activate and obscures more of their vision. It is a total downgrade in terms of usability. Not to mention giving every weapon in the game ADS is kind of a big deal when it used to be per weapon design choice.

You can prefer one over the other of course, but the differences are clearly there if you bother to look....
I prefer the classic zoom.
Guys, ADS in Halo is not just an aesthetical difference. ADS here gives you buffs in bullet spread and fire range, exception made for SMG, AR and Storm Rifle if I remember correctly.

At least it doesn't slow you down like it happens in typical military shooters and getting damage automatically descopes you - reason why hip fire is still the central focus in battle. However, smart scope ain't the same as classic zoom either! Worst cases have to be the shotgun and the energy sword lunge...

Imho Hi needs to get rid of this buff system entirely! For the rest, let people choose between ADS or zoom animation, remove it from automatic weapons completely and make the smart scope animation all around as fast as simply zooming in.

Smart scope can be an interesting feature for forge and machinima, reason why I don't want it completely removed, but imho in its actual state it doesn't fit well in an arena game with high TTK. Smart scope should be an option for the player (or maybe for certain forge modes), and not a feature that is forced upon us in SP and classic matchmaking! Make ADS as functional as zoom was, and let us turn it on or off as we prefer!
I love how aim down sights is implemented into Halo 5. I'm glad that de-scoping returned to balance it out. Halo 4's version of ADS wasn't liked in my opinion because there was no de-scoping.
Automatics/shotgun should have the classic zoom while a some old school like carbine, fuel rode, SPNKr and beam rifle should use their classic zooms.
Weapons with scopes can have smart-link as long the weapon doesn't get a buff.
Smart-link should be as fast as classic zoom so it doesn't feel clunky IF its a option switch like hover and assassinations.
I would prefer they didn't but I would much rather have ADS with the classic system than no classic movement system at all.
LH Justin wrote:
I prefer Smart-Link to the old style zoom, personally. Just looks better.

However, I think they should be much more careful in terms of how Smart-Link like changes things like spread, recoil, etc.

You could actually do something kind of interesting with Smart-Link on weapons which traditionally features zoom like the BR and DMR. When in Smart-Link, clicking LS (like zoom on a sniper) swaps between Smart-Link and classic zoom. Zoom would give you more central focus but cost you peripheral vision
Yeah, I don't think it should affect the accuracy of the weapons.
If halo ever has TRUE ADS in it, I'll never play halo again.

True ADS
* your strafe becomes non exisent once you hold down snail trigger (ADS). This feature slows movement down. Essentially causing you to slow the entire game speed down to take a shot
* bonus damage on head shots (with shields up)...sniper type weapons obviously are special cases.
* hip fire precision duels disappear. The game becomes bland, all fights generally feel exactly the same
* without ADS'ing, hip fire reticle has massive bloom, bloom on BSM, and bloom for jumping (all without even having taken a shot yet)

All that being said....I'm glad halo 5 doesn't have true ADS. The only gripes I have are zoom on cqc weapons. For the new halo, halo infinite....I would be fine with how things already work right now, but if true ADS comes...it's game over.
That's my feeling. People get so caught up on the visual representation that they forget it has little impact on the gameplay.
I feel that ADS and most weapons of Halo should not mix. Of course ADS is acceptable with snipers and marksman rifles and even the pistol, but ADS on the assault rifle or SMG is not good. In my opinion it diminishes certain weapons and makes them what they aren’t supposed to be. The the MA5 family of assault rifles are supposed to be used for close quarters combat only, but adding ADS to it gives it the range of a sniper rifle.
ADS in Halo doesn't increase range, it just slightly decreases bullet spread.
First bold - but it does affect gameplay, a lot!! In Halo 5 when you zoom in now have a holographic projection of your weapon on the screen which for a lot if guns covers up half to three-quarters of your target. Which makes it harder to see your target which obviously makes it harder to shoot it. The point of zooming in on your target is to see it better not obscure it lol So I don't see how you can't say it doesn't affect gameplay really because it does. If I had the old zoom style and you had the new zoom style and we were fighting, I have a much better chance of hitting you than you have a chance of hitting me because I can see you better. This is why so many people have said we can't choose the look of our zoom because the older style would give you an edge. The sad truth is that this was only put in to try to attract fans from other games because in other games this is what's zooming looks. In reality the zooming in past Halo games was a non-issue and you're going to attract other fans by showing them something different or something they don't see in every game aka something like the older style zoom, not something they've seen a thousand times before. The older style is superior in every way. Just bring it back and update it's look with things like how myself and others have suggested a thousand times before.

Second bold - Zooming in on your target in Halo 5 absolutely increases the range of your gun. Practically every weapon when you zoom in with on Halo 5 increases the range of it. This is pretty well know. Unless I'm misinterpreting your statement I don't know where you're getting your information from.
TANKSLAP wrote:
Red III wrote:
I want to still have it because then we can aim with LT on the controller and that's what I'm used to.
You don't need ADS style zooming to have zoom on LT lol in older Halo games with that style of zoom you could have put it on LT, so fear not :)
Well considering its not ads, as ads as a mechanic slows your look speed and slows your movement speed its fine that it returns. Looks better than just the screen turning dark and zooming in with dope holographic sights. As long as it stays a better looking exactly the same functionality as classic zoom i dont see a problem, i use recon and its literally like halo 3 zoom just better looking. I mean have classic weapons to appease the people who prefer dark screen zoom. Its most certainly not ads
i feel like halo should revert back to classic game play, but i also feel like ADS controls should be a custom setting so its there for the new players, my friend loves halo but says he hates the original settings, but really likes halo 5 because of ADS controls.
i would like for the default settings in halo infinite to be closer to halo reach, or halo 3 settings
Scrap it, maybe keep the ground pound and boost, but no spartan charge or something, i atleast want duel weilding and aiming only with scoped weapons, i just think that with all these features that we have too much to control, where in the classic games it was just move, jump, aim, shoot, grenades (and maybe equipment) and ever since they added aiming on all guns, and the new spartan abilitites its too weird to control
LH Justin wrote:
So say we return to classic gameplay. How would you feel if ADS (aim down sights) were to stay in the game? I always see people debating enhanced mobility so much and never hear anyone mention ADS so I want to know people's thoughts on it. Personally, I kind of like it.
I despise ADS. I'd definitely compromise though and accept ADS on certain weapons - not all! - if Halo went back to its classic roots. ADS belong in other shooters. Not Halo.
From a lore aspect it really isn't needed but honestly I don't care. I don't mind the feature the way it is implemented in 5.
It worked very well in Halo 5 and I liked it, but it really doesn't have a place in Halo. Seeing that every single FPS game in the market adopts ADS for the "immersive experience", Halo was the only game that offered something different and unique. Sprint and ADS should be removed, but other abilities like the thrusters would make a great additions to the classic gameplay IMO.
It should be removed!
BritLuey wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
So say we return to classic gameplay. How would you feel if ADS (aim down sights) were to stay in the game? I always see people debating enhanced mobility so much and never hear anyone mention ADS so I want to know people's thoughts on it. Personally, I kind of like it.
I said this in another post today. This forum is biased.
So many players have left the game and community, most of the people on these forums who remain like the current games.
*Proceeds to get 16 likes*
WerepyreND wrote:
Red III wrote:
ADS is objectively worse for the player as it is both slower to activate and obscures more of their vision. It is a total downgrade in terms of usability. Not to mention giving every weapon in the game ADS is kind of a big deal when it used to be per weapon design choice.

You can prefer one over the other of course, but the differences are clearly there if you bother to look....
"obscures more of there vision"

Sorry..what? By this logic, the old zoom mechanic obscures the vision FAR MORE simply due to the black shade that covers everything else besides that they're looking at.
The new zoom mechanic is actually better, because it allows the user to see the entire screen and everything surrounding them, bit blurred but definitely not impossible to see like it was on the old zoom mechanic.

ADS here gives you buffs in bullet spread and fire range
Yes..the old zoom mechanic also did this. Problem?

However, smart scope ain't the same as classic zoom either! Worst cases have to be the shotgun and the energy sword lunge...
Uh..It's the exact same mechanic. Different animations, same mechanic. No difference what so ever.
The shotgun is more like the Halo 1 shotgun, and the energy sword is now more like a Halo 2 energy sword. Again, I don't see a problem with either of these cases.

make the smart scope animation all around as fast as simply zooming in.
Which..it is? When I go back to previous Halo games, I don't find the zoom mechanic any faster, or slower then how it appears in Halo 5. Where is your evidence?

I do agree with the whole "let us turn it off/on" type of thing, but the different animations could also give 1 advantage over the other. You can't just "turn off smart scope" for the automatic weapons after all. Nor can you simply turn it off for things like the pistols, plasma pistol, etc. as the old zoom mechanic doesn't exactly have a "great replacement" for these weapons at all.

Which makes it harder to see your target which obviously makes it harder to shoot it. The point of zooming in on your target is to see it better not obscure it lol So I don't see how you can't say it doesn't affect gameplay really because it does. If I had the old zoom style and you had the new zoom style and we were fighting, I have a much better chance of hitting you than you have a chance of hitting me because I can see you better.
Uh...what did I even just read? The 3D holographic sights that we now have do not interfere with zooming what so ever. It does the exact opposite actually. Also, if your talking about "making targets harder to see" then clearly you haven't seen the old zoom system..with the old zoom system, only a TINY part of the screen wouldn't be faded out. Everything else is faded out to black, making it impossible to see what's around you while zooming in.

In Halo 5, this does not happen, and only makes things around you slightly more blurry. Other then that, you can actually see more things now with the new zoom mechanic then you could with the old one 100%.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 12