Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Field of View

OP Fully Skully

Would anyone else really appreciate an FOV slider for Infinite, not just on PC which I'm sure will have one since they're even going the extra mile to add it to MCC (or at least Reach) but also console.

I've always gamed on console so FOV never user to be something I would even think about but slowly some games have been implementing it on console this generation like DOOM, Sea of Thieves, and Apex.

After playing a TON of Apex I've learned I like a higher than regular FOV. Going back to play Halo every now and then feels really weird now as everything seems so close and not much is shown on screen at any given time. It also helps with my aim oddly enough, maybe that's a placebo lol
I've never had an issue with the FOV in Halo. I think maybe I've just never paid attention to the FOV that much but it doesn't bother me. I do think Halo Infinite being a modern game should be able to have an extended FOV just because the graphical capacity is there.
There is nothing to discuss here because an adjustable field of view should be a feature in every competitive FPS.
Yes, please! I don't mind playing with lower FOVs, but I LOVE to play with higher values much more, even if we'd get a floating arm and stuff.
I've never had an issue with the FOV in Halo. I think maybe I've just never paid attention to the FOV that much but it doesn't bother me. I do think Halo Infinite being a modern game should be able to have an extended FOV just because the graphical capacity is there.
I didn't have an issue until I started playing games that did offer higher FOV, I got spoiled lol

It's the same thing with frame rate for me. I was so used to 30fps it didn't really bother me but now that there are some games that run at 60fps on console (like H5) it's pretty jarring for me to go back to 30 or lower.

To be fair it's not a must for me, I can definitely still play games at low FOV, it would just be very much appreciated if Infinite had the option.
I didn't have an issue until I started playing games that did offer higher FOV, I got spoiled lol

It's the same thing with frame rate for me. I was so used to 30fps it didn't really bother me but now that there are some games that run at 60fps on console (like H5) it's pretty jarring for me to go back to 30 or lower.

To be fair it's not a must for me, I can definitely still play games at low FOV, it would just be very much appreciated if Infinite had the option.
Yeah, I agree. I think with Halo Infinite being a modern game, it should have 60hz frame rate and I wouldn't be opposed to higher FOV but I've just never really noticed it. I guess it may depend on how far they extend the FOV if it would still feel right or not. I woudn't want extended FOV if it makes Halo feel less like Halo and more like some other game.
Like tsassi and many others have stated in various threads, I think every shooter should have an adjustable FoV, no if, but or maybe.
I hate that we refer to this as a FOV slider.

What people want is WIDER fields of view with a configuration to adjust these wider views.

If Infinite shipped with a max FOV of 70 degrees and a slider to drop it down to 45 degrees no one would be happy. So call it what it is, a desire to play at a wider FOV so you can consume more information.
I think a FOV slider is bound to be on the PC version and if they're doing it on one platform I see no reason for them to exclude it from the other. Obviously there's no guarantee but 343 will surely speak more about it in the coming year.
Probably not something I'd use, but if they can afford the small amount of time and work to implement it? I'd be perfectly ok with it. Everyone has their own preference after all.