Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Firefight Flood

OP crapychino

I think its time for halo to add Flood firefight/Survival gameplay as i think we would all be surprised if 343 doesn't add flood to halo infinite as if they are going base on lore. A massive flood invasion is coming of some kind, so I think it makes if halo infinite has flood that they add Flood Firefight. But how do you guys think of this as I would personally like to see it happen in halo as I think it would be fun and different when comparing to normal Firefight.
How do you know a massive Flood invasion is coming?
That’d be badass or do like war zone but replace the covenant/prometheans with flood.
Imagine if its like a glitch in the system like the Roland has the logic plague and corrupts the simulation. I'm not saying Roland is or is going to be infected with it but it would be cool to see the simulation all corrupted. Or maybe its an event where occasionally in a match such as super fiesta there is a sudden corruption of the system and the flood come in and you team up with the other side and takeout the flood.
If this is executed I would love to see it in a terrifying way. Give us flood oriented maps that draw a eerie suspense thriller zombie esk type of vibe. I know it would practically be ripping off the Call of Duty gamemode but DAMNIT JOHNSON! I WANT MY HORROR!
I wouldn't mind the flood appearing in more game types if they're in Halo Infinite's campaign.
Imagine if its like a glitch in the system like the Roland has the logic plague and corrupts the simulation. I'm not saying Roland is or is going to be infected with it but it would be cool to see the simulation all corrupted. Or maybe its an event where occasionally in a match such as super fiesta there is a sudden corruption of the system and the flood come in and you team up with the other side and takeout the flood.
This would be so cool!
Yeah it's like a flood infested map and like theres flood bosses would be really cool
Flood Firefight seems like a great idea, it just depends if you want it to be like traditional firefight (never ending until you exhaust all lives), or more like warzone firefight (only a certain number of waves, and possible to win). Here are my thoughts (3 minutes / wave or less if you complete a round faster, next wave starts automatically if you are too slow to clear all enemies; also, enemy factions will fight each other too, not just attack you):

Wave 1: Regular Storm Covenant (Grunts/Jackals/Skirmishers/Elites)
Wave 2: Upgraded Storm Covenant (Grunts/Jackals/Skirmishers/Elites/Drones/Ghosts) + UNSC Weapon Drop / Rocket Hog
Wave 3: Elite Storm Covenant (Grunts/Jackals/Skirmishes/Spec Op Elites/Drones/Hunters/Engineers/Ghosts/Wraiths)
Wave 4: Spec Ops Covenant (Spec Ops units + Ghosts/Wraiths/Spectres/Revenants/Banshees) + UNSC Weapon Drop / Hannibal Scorpion + UNSC ODST Drop pods (allies)
Wave 5: Regular Storm Covenant + Flood Drop Pods (will automatically reanimate corpses on the field) + Carriers / Infection forms
Wave 6: Upgraded Storm Covenant + Upgraded Flood Drop Pods + Infested Warthogs / Ghosts / Wasps + UNSC Weapon Drop / Hannibal Mantis + UNSC Spartans (allies)
Wave 7: Elite Storm Covenant + Elite Flood Drop Pods + Infested Warthogs / Ghosts / Spectres / Wasps / Scorpions / Mantises / Wraiths
Wave 8: Spec Ops Covenant + Prometheans (Crawlers / Soldiers / Knights / Watchers) + Spec Ops Flood + Spec Ops Infested Vehicles (such as Banshee Ultra) + UNSC Weapon Drop / 2 ONI Gauss Hogs + Arbiter's Elites
Wave 9: Banished Brute Faction + Spec Ops Flood + Spec Ops Infested Vehicles + Upgraded Prometheans (Knights with Binary Rifles / Incineration Cannons)
Wave 10: Upgraded Banished Brute Faction (includes ghosts/skiffs/banshees) + Spec Ops Flood + Elite Prometheans (includes Phaetons) + UNSC Weapon Drop / 2 Sword Banshees + Arbiter's Honor Guard
Wave 11: Elite Banished Brute Faction (includes ghosts/skiffs/banshees/wraiths) + Spec Ops Flood + Spec Ops Infested Vehicles + Spec Ops Prometheans (includes Warden Eternal)
Wave 12: Spec Ops Banished Brute Faction (includes ghosts/skiffs/banshees/wraiths/SCARAB boss battle) + Spec Ops Flood (monstrosity forms) + Spec Ops Infested Vehicles + Spec Ops Prometheans (includes 3 Warden Eternals, 1 of which is considered legendary) + UNSC Weapon Drop + Spartan Blue Team / Locke's Team / Arbiter / Arbiter's Honor Guard / UNSC Infinity Orbital Strikes
Wave 13: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE TOWARDS THE PELICAN AT THE PICKUP LOCATION (random helipad on the map), more enemy drop pods will drop from the sky to complicate matters, but you will receive UNSC Drop pods with Overshields/Speed Boost/Damage Boost/Invisibility at the beginning + ONI Chaingun Warthogs
I like the idea of faction specific firefight modes in general. But flood definitely sounds the most fun.