Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Fireteam Osiris in Spartan Ops!

OP Lanzerat

I think it's a little short introduction of fireteam osiris in H5. So I think to use them in spartan ops would be a great idea to get the fans to know them more and even Blue team and other teams. It doesn't even need a connected story, maybe each missions is a different team and maybe even from an old game. We could take out a mission in the Reach campaign and use it as a mission in Spartan ops or even ODST. I personally think it would be awesome to make a spartan ops mission out of the Halo: Nighfall movie.
what do you guts think, Osiris in spartan Ops?
I’d personally love to see a return of Spartan Ops. It was a great idea in H4 that needed a bit more love and resources to become truly great. If Infinite has a version of it, Osiris (and Majestic too) would be great candidates for player characters :-)
Lanzerat wrote:
I think it's a little short introduction of fireteam osiris in H5. So I think to use them in spartan ops would be a great idea to get the fans to know them more and even Blue team and other teams. It doesn't even need a connected story, maybe each missions is a different team and maybe even from an old game. We could take out a mission in the Reach campaign and use it as a mission in Spartan ops or even ODST. I personally think it would be awesome to make a spartan ops mission out of the Halo: Nighfall movie.
This idea is amazing! I would love to see Nobel Team and Alpha-Nine in a modern Halo game, I do have a suggestion though, have mainly new Spartan Ops maps and missions as well as a few retro one but each mission you can choose your team to use. Kind of like a hero system in a way, but each team has their on unique dialog and will have unique dialog given to them.
I'd like more character development for sure
Lanzerat wrote:
This idea is amazing! I would love to see Nobel Team and Alpha-Nine in a modern Halo game, I do have a suggestion though, have mainly new Spartan Ops maps and missions as well as a few retro one but each mission you can choose your team to use. Kind of like a hero system in a way, but each team has their on unique dialog and will have unique dialog given to them.
Typos are fun.

On a serious note, Spartan Ops was a great idea, and starring Osiris as the cast for a newer version of it would be awesome. What if Infinite's primary campaign was this big open world thing (obviously still with cutscenes and all the rest like in ODST) and Spartan Ops was a more traditional Halo campaign that exists solely in a series of individual levels? That'd be cool.
That would be great.I'd like Crimson to return too.
If the main campaign is chief centric, gonna have to assume the rest of blue will be there as the back up/co-op characters.
But spartan ops could be a great way to involve the newer characters like osiris, without over crowding the campaign. They could be "meanwhile" missions set at the same time as the campaign but in a different location or they could be set after the campaign like the original spartan ops.

Another option is that we can play as our own Spartans and if reqs are a thing in infinite, we could use those to make load outs or call in support drops during the missions (nothing game breaking, just load out weapons,armor mods, and basic vehicles or tier1 power weapons like sniper rifles but not things like the hanibal mantis or nornfang). What's the point after all of having combat simulations if you never go on actual missions?
I don’t think spartan ops will return since it got finished in a comic
TECH PON3 wrote:
I don’t think spartan ops will return since it got finished in a comic
Yes, but that was the story og fireteam Crimson. To use spartan ops for sidequest missions beside the main story I think is a good idea to give the characters more flesh and development. Even taking out fun cooperative campaign missions in the older games like New Alexandria in Reach.
Spartan Opp doesn't need to be a connected story, just a bunch of fun missions to honour teams from the Halo more. Like the movie Halo Legends give more backstory to characters.
I miss my Crimson Spartan from Spartan Ops, kinda hoping Fire Team Crimson makes a return, but having Osiris isn't too bad either.
tuhin94 wrote:
I’d personally love to see a return of Spartan Ops. It was a great idea in H4 that needed a bit more love and resources to become truly great. If Infinite has a version of it, Osiris (and Majestic too) would be great candidates for player characters :-)
I definetly agree