FLOOD APOCALYPSE ♠

OP Master Ace VP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
HALO FANS & 343!

What do you think about Halo having there own take on a zombie mode utilizing the flood, Also making this FORGE capable?
I am so ready to see the return of Flood... I kinda don't like the Forerunner.. Having a game mode with Flood like zombie style game mode unlike the infected but a new spin off game mode...

What you guys think about this and Idea's for it?
the flood…………..are coming
Yeah i was hoping there coming, But i love to see a like some spin on zombie mode on halo using the Flood.
It could work but it would be way different from other zombie modes due to the Flood combat behavior. Most zombie games don't have to zombies running away from you mid-fight to attempt flanking tactics or have members of the horde mutate to adapt to your playstyle *incoming flashbacks of Halo 3 Ranged Forms on Legendary*
Maybe something like flood firefight mode or something like that. Just as long as its not basically just some copy from zombie modes from other franchises.
what your suggesting is a horde mode based of GOW I'd love something like that more to the point of where they can be completely customisable in way we can make some original moments from the like of Halo 3 or CE corridors
Simple: Give us Firefight 3.0
- All the classic options should return, but with innovations. Make Halo: Infinite's Firefight something to remember, a real standout experience, and include a Flood mode within it.

In addition, the Infected Spartan and Elite ;) models in Arena and Custom Games (or the Halo: Infinite equivalents) should obtain the classic Flood Combat Form appearances but with truly horrifying updated imagery.
Would love that. I'd also like to see the Prometheans being infected.

EDIT: I have been reminded by 1000 people that the Promethean's entire purpose was that they couldn't be infected. You do not need to remind me. I am very aware, I repeat, VERY AWARE hahaha.
Maybe something like flood firefight mode or something like that. Just as long as its not basically just some copy from zombie modes from other franchises.
This. The worst thing would be for 343 just copy CoD. They need their own unique spin on it where there’s only a few similarities.
Would love this, just get rid of the weapons and ranged combat from the flood.

The biggest mistake with the flood is that we gave them weapons, their whole attack style should be to all out rush you with major numbers, not fight like a slightly dumber, yet tougher covenant.
SWAT 79 wrote:
Would love this, just get rid of the weapons and ranged combat from the flood.

The biggest mistake with the flood is that we gave them weapons, their whole attack style should be to all out rush you with major numbers, not fight like a slightly dumber, yet tougher covenant.
It just shows that flood is somewhat smart as in it uses the memories of its victims on its own advantage, it would be hardly believable that flood could use spaceships to spread if it cant find a simple trigger from a gun.
Is that even canonically possible?

Also, I'd love for Infinite's non-story multiplayer modes to go non canon again. Firefight, give me flood and convenant in different waves; just let crazy fun stuff happen.
EpicAwe wrote:

Also, I'd love for Infinite's non-story multiplayer modes to go non canon again. Firefight, give me flood and convenant in different waves; just let crazy fun stuff happen.
You know I'm actually not sure. If they have DNA to attack then I'm sure they could but I don't know much about Prometheans. Are they pure machine or part organic?
Yeah well flood is always had there own creepy factor i love to see some horror zombie type horde thing going on and being able to forge maps for the game mode.. It could give people doing what ever they wanted even if some liked the CoD style or GoW Style zombies if u can forge it be lots of possibilities.

I love to see something epic in the new halo, H5 pushed out the most amazing forge to date. I love to see it expanded.
-off topic some- But i hope we can just place flyable pelicans and phantoms too and maybe bring back all the halo vehicles from past games like shadow, spectra, revenant, chopper, prowler, hornet, falcon, with the Halo 5 vehicles.
But with the title Infinite should have infinite options of fun :) Well just feels infinite.
EpicAwe wrote:

You know I'm actually not sure. If they have DNA to attack then I'm sure they could but I don't know much about Prometheans. Are they pure machine or part organic?
You reffer to the organic Prometheans. The ones we see in the games were made immune to Flood infection and were brutally effective.
Some Knights have Human souls while others have organic Promethean souls, but they're essentially machine.

Topic: You know Halo 4 did that right? Zombies were infected Spartan-IVs. 343 limited us to only use the claw like a Sword... Which doesn't make sense at least in my book.
EpicAwe wrote:

Dude, have you even played Halo? No offense, but you mustn't be paying much attention. The entire reason the Prometheans were created by the Didact was because they couldn't be infected by the Flood. The original Forerunner warriors sacrifices themselves to become these machines/monsters that could continue fighting the Flood without fear of infection. Later ancient humans were used, and much later, modern humans were used. Outside of the Chief and Cortana's subplot, this was the story of Halo 4. It's what Halo 4 was all about.
I believe Cortana's Prometheans are a different case though. Instead of composed Forerunner or humans, I believe she and the Warden changed them. They'd be more like Sentinels now, which clearly can't be infected.
EpicAwe wrote:

You reffer to the organic Prometheans. The ones we see in the games were made immune to Flood infection and were brutally effective.
Some Knights have Human souls while others have organic Promethean souls, but they're essentially machine.

Topic: You know Halo 4 did that right? Zombies were infected Spartan-IVs. 343 limited us to only use the claw like a Sword... Which doesn't make sense at least in my book.
Darn so canonically they can't be infected. I would still like it in a multiplayer mode though lol I personally don't care about canon when it comes to multiplayer.
EpicAwe wrote:

Dude, have you even played Halo? No offense, but you mustn't be paying much attention. The entire reason the Prometheans were created by the Didact was because they couldn't be infected by the Flood. The original Forerunner warriors sacrifices themselves to become these machines/monsters that could continue fighting the Flood without fear of infection. Later ancient humans were used, and much later, modern humans were used. Outside of the Chief and Cortana's subplot, this was the story of Halo 4. It's what Halo 4 was all about.
I believe Cortana's Prometheans are a different case though. Instead of composed Forerunner or humans, I believe she and the Warden changed them. They'd be more like Sentinels now, which clearly can't be infected.
In my defense H4 was 6 years ago and I have a horrible memory lol I play so many games I can't remember specifics of all these stories, if I played H4 again right now it'd be like playing it the first time lmao
Yes it should have its own flood based maps as well to add a little horror vibe to it. Maps such as High Charity when the flood took over. I also support the idea of forging our own maps and fighting flood in it too.
EpicAwe wrote:

Not in a sense biological forms can be infected so its not the right word but the flood can corrupt AIs & control mechanisms such as spacecrafts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3