FLOOD APOCALYPSE ♠

OP Master Ace VP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
SWAT 79 wrote:
Would love this, just get rid of the weapons and ranged combat from the flood.

The biggest mistake with the flood is that we gave them weapons, their whole attack style should be to all out rush you with major numbers, not fight like a slightly dumber, yet tougher covenant.
It just shows that flood is somewhat smart as in it uses the memories of its victims on its own advantage, it would be hardly believable that flood could use spaceships to spread if it cant find a simple trigger from a gun.
Well, that's an easy workaround. They infect a ship that already has people aboard on a destination to that location.

In halo 3 did they pilot the ship themselves? I don't remember.
SWAT 79 wrote:
SWAT 79 wrote:

The biggest mistake with the flood is that we gave them weapons, their whole attack style should be to all out rush you with major numbers, not fight like a slightly dumber, yet tougher covenant.
It just shows that flood is somewhat smart as in it uses the memories of its victims on its own advantage, it would be hardly believable that flood could use spaceships to spread if it cant find a simple trigger from a gun.
Well, that's an easy workaround. They infect a ship that already has people aboard on a destination to that location.

Indulgence of conviction was piloted by the flood. Though its not the only example, other one would be the forerunner ships in forerunner - flood war.

There also are mentions of flood gaining more intelligence when more victims are infected.

What is weird about that workaround is as to why the crew would help the flood spread?
I'm only hopeful for now. Fingers crossed for a flood comeback.
SWAT 79 wrote:
SWAT 79 wrote:

Indulgence of conviction was piloted by the flood. Though its not the only example, other one would be the forerunner ships in forerunner - flood war.

There also are mentions of flood gaining more intelligence when more victims are infected.

What is weird about that workaround is as to why the crew would help the flood spread?
No I meant like, the ship already has its destination set with the gps, people go to cryo so it's a skeleton crew, then the flood infection spreads.
I will be sad if we don't see the Flood in Infinite. I really like the way H4 made zombies look like the Flood. They need to bring that back for sure.
It could work but it would be way different from other zombie modes due to the Flood combat behavior. Most zombie games don't have to zombies running away from you mid-fight to attempt flanking tactics or have members of the horde mutate to adapt to your playstyle *incoming flashbacks of Halo 3 Ranged Forms on Legendary*
I think that it would be cool if the flood could mutate in battle. For example, a combat form being battered from a distance could either change right there or remutate into something else using a corpse.
Btw I feel you on the ranged forms. :(
It would be real fun to have them as an enemy in some Firefight-like mode. Story wise, it would surprise me- but 343i has a trackrecord of surprising story decisions (for better or worse).
It could work but it would be way different from other zombie modes due to the Flood combat behavior. Most zombie games don't have to zombies running away from you mid-fight to attempt flanking tactics or have members of the horde mutate to adapt to your playstyle *incoming flashbacks of Halo 3 Ranged Forms on Legendary*
I think that it would be cool if the flood could mutate in battle. For example, a combat form being battered from a distance could either change right there or remutate into something else using a corpse.
In canon, after they complete their combat usage, Combat Forms mutate into Carrier forms. But that's of course out of battle. But it's not possible for a Combat form to mutate into another type like the Stalker. The Pure forms can mutate because their body is built with that possibility, seeing that they don't require a host (hence why they're called "Pure").
In canon, after they complete their combat usage, Combat Forms mutate into Carrier forms. But that's of course out of battle. But it's not possible for a Combat form to mutate into another type like the Stalker. The Pure forms can mutate because their body is built with that possibility, seeing that they don't require a host (hence why they're called "Pure").
I understand completely that combat forms themselves cant mutate into pure forms I was just setting that as a guideline to what I’m trying to convey. But wouldn’t it be cool if a pure form could mutate into something that would be more useful to the battle rather than what it is.
Id like to see firefight mode return to its original state were there was no time limit no spawning in with whatever weapon you liked but have 3 lives and had to actually work together with the other players to survive. bringing the flood in would be great.
yaNutzzy wrote:
Id like to see firefight mode return to its original state were there was no time limit no spawning in with whatever weapon you liked but have 3 lives and had to actually work together with the other players to survive. bringing the flood in would be great.
Agreed
I understand completely that combat forms themselves cant mutate into pure forms I was just setting that as a guideline to what I’m trying to convey. But wouldn’t it be cool if a pure form could mutate into something that would be more useful to the battle rather than what it is.
Well, uh... they can. They aren't limited to what we see in Halo 3. =)
Would love that. I'd also like to see the Prometheans being infected.
Wasn’t the point of prometheans to be that they were IMMUNE to infection?
Wasn’t the point of prometheans to be that they were IMMUNE to infection?
Yep, already had a conversation about it if you scroll down. Forgot that.
I will be sad if we don't see the Flood in Infinite. I really like the way H4 made zombies look like the Flood. They need to bring that back for sure.
Same, really don't get why that gametype had so much backlash. IMO it played just like original infection but just with.. flood.
Same, really don't get why that gametype had so much backlash. IMO it played just like original infection but just with.. flood.
I think a reason is because the Infected is limited to their claw unless it's modded. That and because they have Thruster Pack. This alone made the game very unfair for the survivors, just like how classic gameplay gives some problems to zombies. In my opinion, I think zombies work best when we have enhanced mobility involved. With Sprint, even if survivors have it as well, they can't just sprint back, left or right, only in front. The zombies have more chances of infecting him instead of having more chances of getting shot by a SHOTgun.
The whole point of the prometheans is that they cannot be infected
Just realized all the other replies to this
Simple: Give us Firefight 3.0
- All the classic options should return, but with innovations. Make Halo: Infinite's Firefight something to remember, a real standout experience, and include a Flood mode within it.

In addition, the Infected Spartan and Elite ;) models in Arena and Custom Games (or the Halo: Infinite equivalents) should obtain the classic Flood Combat Form appearances but with truly horrifying updated imagery.
I don't think infected Spartans would make much sense, Spartans have explosives to detonate their armor in case of death (at least the Spartans 2s did). As for the Flood, they've tried to turn Halo into a game more appropriate for kids. They're not going to make the Flood more horrifying, nor are they probably going to return (at least in my opinion).
Prometheans can't be infected, that's their entire thing.
Edit: I also just saw the previous replies to this, lol.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Simple: Give us Firefight 3.0
- All the classic options should return, but with innovations. Make Halo: Infinite's Firefight something to remember, a real standout experience, and include a Flood mode within it.

In addition, the Infected Spartan and Elite ;) models in Arena and Custom Games (or the Halo: Infinite equivalents) should obtain the classic Flood Combat Form appearances but with truly horrifying updated imagery.
I don't think infected Spartans would make much sense, Spartans have explosives to detonate their armor in case of death (at least the Spartans 2s did). As for the Flood, they've tried to turn Halo into a game more appropriate for kids. They're not going to make the Flood more horrifying, nor are they probably going to return (at least in my opinion).
I'm talking about Multiplayer here (Infection), not the lore. 343i have already used Flood forms for Mulitplayer. It's nothing new. I just think they should make them appear more like the traditional Combat Forms from the Halo Trilogy. It would add a really fun element to the game.
In regards to your second point, the sooner they realise how ridiculous that idea is, the better. Halo is not for children. It never was, and never will be. If they keep trying to make it more suitable for kids, they're going to destroy the franchise. The main focus should be on making fun games. They should not be making gameplay or story decisions based on whether or not it becomes more suited for adults or children. Make Halo Halo, and make it fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3