Flood in Halo: Infinite

OP Vicious Scrub

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I really hope the Flood return in Halo Infinite. Just imagine what they can do now with the new engine they're using. Also gives them a chance to stay true to the original Flood art design as well!
I would be lying if I said I wouldn’t be excited to see the flood again.
I really hope that the flood will be in the game. It could also make sense given awakening the nightmare. Also Halo rings are known to contain flood research facilities.

Fingers crossed that if the flood returns it wont have those weird yellow parts and it will be as gory as ever if not even a tiny bit more.

Hopefully the yellow parts were just there to make them more visible in RTS gameplay.
Watch HiddenXperia’s latest video. He has some nice support of why the Flood might show up.
I would love to see the flood in the campaign again!
The Flood would be great in this game again!
Watch HiddenXperia’s latest video. He has some nice support of why the Flood might show up.
I can agree with this. If we're on Zeta Halo it would make sense.

Additionally if we're not on Zeta Halo we could be on the same ring that Anders was on at the end of Halo Wars 2. That came from the Ark, which was shown in Awakening the Nightmare to still have loads of Flood present. Some could have been stowaways.
I honestly immediately thought of flood spores when you see the dust particles in the log close-up...
I hope the Flood won't be in Halo Infinite, at least not in a way that's integral to the plot. I don't like the logic plague fan theory that seems so popular right now. And honestly I think the whole "Flood is the true enemy" thing is played out. They had their arc in the original trilogy. Halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the Covenant and The Flood, yet the Covenant limped on for 2 more games and maybe will be in the next one. I don't want the Flood to similarly not have actually been defeated in Halo 3 (something Halo Wars 2 has already kind of done, but thankfully not to the point where the events of Halo 3 were rendered completely useless).
Additionally if we're not on Zeta Halo we could be on the same ring that Anders was on at the end of Halo Wars 2. That came from the Ark, which was shown in Awakening the Nightmare to still have loads of Flood present. Some could have been stowaways.
The Flood had been contained to a single section of the Ark. The containment wasn't broken until after Installation 04c had already departed. Besides, if the new Halo had become contaminated, I doubt the Ark would have sent it on to the Milky Way.
As it's set on a ring it is 6/7 (sorry if i got the amount of halo's wrong) chance that the flood are to make some form of appearance in halo as i believe that the flood were housed on every ring except the new one from wars 2
Chimera30 wrote:
The Flood had been contained to a single section of the Ark. The containment wasn't broken until after Installation 04c had already departed. Besides, if the new Halo had become contaminated, I doubt the Ark would have sent it on to the Milky Way.
You do have a point. The sentinels and the monitor of the Ark would hopefully be too smart to let that happen.
Chimera30 wrote:
You do have a point. The sentinels and the monitor of the Ark would hopefully be too smart to let that happen.
Well, the Ark's monitor was destroyed in Hunters In The Dark, but certainly the Sentinels are still vigilant in their task to contain the Flood.
I heard something that the location is Installation 07 (Zeta Halo) that was originally 30,000 km in diameter and was reduced to 10,000km. The trailer had a few easter eggs with a Radio giving off Morse code that translates into (SOS Zeta Halo Grid). The canon of this ring is that it does contain flood facilities and that it was created by the Greater Ark instead of the Lesser Ark that we all seen in Halo 3 and Halo Wars 2. And was a ring that the Master builder used to conduct inhumane experiments on Ancient Humans to find a cure from the Flood.
As long as they're not some constant run-in enemy I'm fine with them coming back.
YES the flood is AWESOME
Heres hoping!
They were a lot of fun to face in Halo 3 and the Prometheans just haven't felt right without their mortal enemy they were originally created to fight.
it is very possible installation 07 has a interesting history behind the lore involving the flood master builder even did horrifying tests on ancient humans in hopes of finding a cure for the flood and its created from greater ark and was originally much bigger than the others was 30,000 now only 10,000 meters in dialogue and there are several flood facilities I believe so theres definitely a chance the flood return which I hope so after dealing with prometheans for a long while I would enjoy fighting flood again and exploring a halo again potentially makes me very happy
The Flood are one of my favorite things about Halo. Need me some horror vibes
Well, there's a lot of evidence pointing to this game taking place on Zeta Halo, so a Flood return is likely.
The Flood will return along with the last precursors, according to halo mythos(book) the precursors created all the life in the universe of halo including the foruners. My theory is that cortana is planning to destroy the remaining precursors to obtain the full power of the mantel of responsibility. (precursors originaly created the mantel and the foruners stole it) Buy halo mythos at your local Barnes and nobles 😉😀
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6