1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Flood would look so cool with the new Engine. I would like a Level like the Library again.
It would have the flood
Spoiler:
Show
It's going to be awesome to see the Ancient Gravemind be the Flood Boss Fight in Halo Infinite.
The floods return would be welcome in my book, but it has to be twisted from the plot of them being a galaxy-wide threat. Their appearance in Halo 6 HAS to be in regards to Cortana and her actions, maybe as a bieffect or a potential threat to her new covenant.
If the flood return, three things should happen in the story:
- Cortana has the logic plague
- Mendicant Bias makes an on-screen appearance
- He and the human-allied AI hijack guardians to attack Cortana.
Blast88 wrote:
It's going to be awesome to see the Ancient Gravemind be the Flood Boss Fight in Halo Infinite.
The Flood Juggernaut and Abomination monsters would be so welcoming into Halo Infinite. The Flood Abomination would be the mini boss after fighting some Flood Juggernauts in the same mission and of course the ancient Gravemind would be the main boss of that same mission. Out of the Halo Infinite missions, the Flood can make an appearance two missions prior to the mission that has the Flood Main Boss with the Tank Form first being seen appearing in the first Flood appearing mission and the Flood Juggernaut first being seen appearing in the second Flood appearing mission. In the mission with the Flood Boss Fights, the Flood Abomination (the Flood mini boss) and the Ancient Gravemind (the Flood Main boss) are encountered. The Flood can also still be encountered in the missions coming after the mission with the Flood Boss Fights and of course the Flood Abomination and Ancient Gravemind bosses are definitely still appearing only in that one mission.
I would be shooting myself in the foot if I said I didn't want the Flood to make a return. They are one of the most interesting enemies we get to fight on any Halo game. Period.
Id be pumped for the flood to come back! But if we get levels like the library I am gonna hate every second of it... took me forever to beat that level.
It would be a mistake for 343i to not put Flood in Infinite and I think they know that. Plus some hints and lore are pointing to it happening in Infinite anyways so its definitely more than just speculation! :D
If the flood return, three things should happen in the story:
- Cortana has the logic plague
- Mendicant Bias makes an on-screen appearance
- He and the human-allied AI hijack guardians to attack Cortana.
Spoiler:
Show
If Flood doesnt appear in this game, I am gonna cry then go back to Halo CE to kill some more Flood,
Raven3990 wrote:
I really hope the Flood return in Halo Infinite. Just imagine what they can do now with the new engine they're using. Also gives them a chance to stay true to the original Flood art design as well!
Sure as long as they're actually fun to fight unlike the previous versions.
I mean the flood sould be able to inpregnate your body and turn your dead body into flood.
You mean like dead space?
Something like that but when you respawn you can actualy battle you flood corpse
Think 'bout that; wouldn't that be great? To see you armour in flood. To see a spartan turned; have you ever seen a turned spartan? That would be very awesome
This is really interesting, but also complicate to do. To do so, the game will need to trigger some kind of death check point that spawn an infected spartan in the area the player died before. This checkpoint will also need to update every time the player die.

What could be similar and easier would be to make a customizable firefight that allow the player to fight against the flood. The player body could act like a corpse the infection forms can infect and turn as an infected spartan (a flood firefight is pretty badass)
I mean it could be complicated but there are working with two more teams the Splash and the team from Erdewrito. I mean it is just an ideea that i would love to see.
I personally am not voting for their return both because A. I don't feel their appearance makes much sense in the storyline right now, and B. because I think they're a PITA to fight from a gameplay perspective, LOL.

That said, I will not be the slightest bit surprised if they appear in Infinite, and I'll understand why 343 did it if so, even if I don't really like it. They're trying to soft reboot the franchise and recapture the feeling of the original trilogy. Well, that package includes the Flood.
I definitely recommend watching the act man opinion on the floods return, he makes a lot of good points. as much as I would want the flood to return, I just hope 343 wont ruin them
I really dislike fighting the flood I don't really know why but I jyst don't enjoy the combat at all , HCE library and H3 Cortana would go down as some of my least favorite levels in all the campaigns

One of the many I love reach so much is no flood and you combat elites again. So I'm very OK if flood are left out all together.
Raven3990 wrote:
I really hope the Flood return in Halo Infinite. Just imagine what they can do now with the new engine they're using. Also gives them a chance to stay true to the original Flood art design as well!
They're definitely going to come back since the game is set on Instalation 07.
Seeing the Flood return in Halo Infinite is going to be interestingly awesome.
we all hope to see the flood but only 343 will say if he wants to make it possible
We can all make sure the Flood appears in Halo Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6