2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
Some flood weapons would be nice, (I still consider the Prometheans to be just another name for Forerunners much liek all alien are covenant and all human are UNSC).

Playable characters in an open world or multi campaign game.
UNSC
  • Spartan well duh
  • ODST Marine bring back the visor
Covenant
  • Elites we played as them before
  • Brutes need to develop some sort of power armor health system
Forerunner (Promethean)
  • Knight Promethean vision (but much better and closer to ODST visor) and Armor abilities like teleport or spawn watcher.
Flood
  • Combat form that flood leap would be a cool armor ability
Who wouldn't be excited?
it would be terrifying in this new engine (if this is an open world but that is my theory) to just be running around and get jumped by a combat form it has happened to me before but the flood would be just amazing but back to my open world theory in halo 2 we saw the flood using unsc and covenant vehicles it would be a great mechanic if the flood could drive a idk scorpion,warthog or ghost in halo infinite i would enjoy that if it will be a mechanic.
I really loved the flood and how they brought an almost horror aspect to the entire series. I want them back more than anything to be honest.
The Flood being in Halo Infinite will sure be a great idea. :)
Flood in halo infinite multiplayer and campaign plz bring back halo 2 flood design.
ENDLY WOLF wrote:
Floor in halo infinite multiplayer and campaign plz bring back halo 2 flood design.
The problem with Halo 3 flood is that the pure forms don't drop weapons which made them very frustrating to fight, running out of bullets was just a nightmare against the flood.
That being said I have came up with a concept to make flood weapons that are dropped by these pure forms. That could make fighting the flood a little bit less frustrating while fitting the concept of the flood. The combat forms will still carry the weapons of their hosts.
Make's a lot of sense if it is on a ring with a quarantine zone. Make new flood forms.
to me this isnt even up for discussion.

without the flood you dont have Halo.

them being omitted from 4/5 was pure incompetence and shows you they really had no idea what they were doing as far as the storyline goes.
I really do hope the flood does return
I think that is not just likely but all but a forlorn conclusion that the flood will be in infinite. They should have never left.
I sure they will return.
  1. I'm sure the grave mind had a backup plan in case chief failed and truth lit the rings. He probably teleported a small ship out of the halos range like he did arby n chief.
  2. There are flood on other rings/ark.
  3. Fans what them back.
  4. The flood origin location is a mystery. (Hope it stays that way)
I liked the halo 3 style whip arm they had, I hope it returns.
it would be terrifying in this new engine (if this is an open world but that is my theory) to just be running around and get jumped by a combat form it has happened to me before but the flood would be just amazing but back to my open world theory in halo 2 we saw the flood using unsc and covenant vehicles it would be a great mechanic if the flood could drive a idk scorpion,warthog or ghost in halo infinite i would enjoy that if it will be a mechanic.
They drove these vehicles back in H2 😊
So here is an idea floating around (mostly due to some discussion about my controversial topic on Flood Weapons). But much like how the Prometheans were not Sentinels but still Forerunner in Orgin, how about a new splinter faction that if Flood Related but not exactly Flood. Sort of like the Primordial who created the flood made another off-shoot race/faction that was a little more independent but still loyal to his cause, but also function very much in the same way as the flood (infection, spores, assimilation of sentient life). Call them Primordials a faction related to the Flood but not the Flood.

Heck if Prometheans are related to Sentinels but not sentinels it could be done. But do also bring back the classic Flood from H3. We did see Sentinels in H4 after all.
I really hope that the flood will be in the game. It could also make sense given awakening the nightmare. Also Halo rings are known to contain flood research facilities.

Fingers crossed that if the flood returns it wont have those weird yellow parts and it will be as gory as ever if not even a tiny bit more.

Hopefully the yellow parts were just there to make them more visible in RTS gameplay.
I thought the yellow parts looked fine. They made the flood look how it should look: gross. As long as the flood looks nasty and/or unpleasant, it’s fine.
BANGHART wrote:

them being omitted from 4/5 was pure incompetence and shows you they really had no idea what they were doing as far as the storyline goes.
Halo 4 took place on a shield world, they wouldn’t have flood there for fairly obvious reasons. Halo 5 simply didn’t take us to any locations likely to contain the flood.
BANGHART wrote:

Halo 4 took place on a shield world, they wouldn’t have flood there for fairly obvious reasons. Halo 5 simply didn’t take us to any locations likely to contain the flood.
Nice excuses.

4/5 might aswell have taken place in disneyworld for all I care.

The flood are 100% integral to Halos storyline. The fact they were omitted is more likely due to them aiming for a T esrb rating more than anything. That and like I said before a bunch of people working on the game that "dont even like Halo" and pure incompetence. defend that if you want all day Idc, any old school Halo fan knows this was a massive mistake.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Nice excuses.

The flood are 100% integral to Halos storyline. The fact they were omitted is more likely due to them aiming for a T esrb rating more than anything. That and like I said before a bunch of people working on the game that "dont even like Halo" and pure incompetence. defend that if you want all day Idc, any old school Halo fan knows this was a massive mistake.
I think the biggest reason why they were omitted is due to Chief defeating the Gravemind at the end of H3. While I do enjoy the flood for their mystery and terror, I would concede that reintroducing them in a meaningful way post H3 would only cheapen the finale. Similar to how Cortana's resurrection in H5 cheapens H4's ending. The flood could very well return, but probably not in the galaxy devouring way that they appeared in the original trilogy.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Nice excuses.

I think the biggest reason why they were omitted is due to Chief defeating the Gravemind at the end of H3. While I do enjoy the flood for their mystery and terror, I would concede that reintroducing them in a meaningful way post H3 would only cheapen the finale. Similar to how Cortana's resurrection in H5 cheapens H4's ending. The flood could very well return, but probably not in the galaxy devouring way that they appeared in the original trilogy.
But it's too late. They ar e already back in HW2.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Nice excuses.

But it's too late. They ar e already back in HW2.
Not in any meaningful way. The flood story in HW2 was very self contained, the flood break loose and the banished beats them back into their cage. I do not think we will be facing the galaxy wide threat they presented before H4.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7