Flood in Halo: Infinite

OP Raven3990

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Well looking at these Halo mods where you play as the flood. I think this is something that should be included.
Also Primordial (Flood style) Weapons and Vehicle pool would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGFOZniWpgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcG0XSJ8Hr8

Also since we have seen the infect elites/brutes/marines into combat forms and resurrect dead combat forms, I think the infection forms should be able to turn non-flood corpses into carriers. If they kill a brute but not infect it, then they could just turn it into a carrier form instead of a combat form. Also would make a lot of sense for the grunt and jackal bodies.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
to me this isnt even up for discussion.

without the flood you dont have Halo.

them being omitted from 4/5 was pure incompetence and shows you they really had no idea what they were doing as far as the storyline goes.
Halo 4 took place on a shield world, they wouldn’t have flood there for fairly obvious reasons. Halo 5 simply didn’t take us to any locations likely to contain the flood.
Nice excuses.

4/5 might aswell have taken place in disneyworld for all I care.

The flood are 100% integral to Halos storyline. The fact they were omitted is more likely due to them aiming for a T esrb rating more than anything. That and like I said before a bunch of people working on the game that "dont even like Halo" and pure incompetence. defend that if you want all day Idc, any old school Halo fan knows this was a massive mistake.
Well, with your Disney world quote, you are clearly ignoring how important that it being located in the right place is. There is a good chance of seeing flood on a halo ring, on the Ark, or in a forunner research facility. You are, obviously less likely to see the flood at any other location. Currently, in the halo universe, introducing the flood would have to be done at the right location and time. I do believe that there is, at least, a 65% chance that the flood will make some kind of an appearance. Especially when the entire community wants them.
I can definitely sure expect seeing the Flood Juggernaut and Tank Forms on Zeta Halo. I can also expect seeing the Stalker and Ranged Forms on Zeta Halo as well.
I miss them.
The Flood should return with a big emotional impact to the fans, Master Chief, and Arbiter.
Seeing the Flood return in the campaign levels in Halo Infinite is going to be one of the best.
Blast88 wrote:
Seeing the Flood return in the campaign levels in Halo Infinite is going to be one of the best.
I hope they bring back same style whip arms as in previous games.
YES, FLOOD! SCREW PROMETHEANS!
Ah, both my best and worst enemy. I hope they add all the flood types not seen in games but the expanded universe types
YES, FLOOD! SCREW PROMETHEANS!
The Prometheans were kind of the fill in for the flood, and the sentinels.
Ah, both my best and worst enemy. I hope they add all the flood types not seen in games but the expanded universe types
Well if the flood is no longer around we could make some cousins to the flood in a new faction of sorts.
Chimera30 wrote:
I hope the Flood won't be in Halo Infinite, at least not in a way that's integral to the plot. I don't like the logic plague fan theory that seems so popular right now. And honestly I think the whole "Flood is the true enemy" thing is played out. They had their arc in the original trilogy. Halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the Covenant and The Flood, yet the Covenant limped on for 2 more games and maybe will be in the next one. I don't want the Flood to similarly not have actually been defeated in Halo 3 (something Halo Wars 2 has already kind of done, but thankfully not to the point where the events of Halo 3 were rendered completely useless).
The Covenant limping on makes sense though, because you would have religious fanatics that would carry on, despite the greater group having its leadership removed. It would fracture and split. Jul's Covenant/The Didact's Hand just seems to be the largest of these splinter groups. If a form of the Covenant are back in Halo Infinite (I have no doubt that they will be), they could now revere Cortana as a god, just as Jul's did with the Didact. But they certainly aren't The Covenant anymore.

Looking at the trilogy, yes, it was the end of the Flood. Looking at it from a greater perspective, it was just the end of a large outbreak. Even at the end of Halo 3, there could still obviously be Flood samples on other Halos and installations.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6