OP Ravens Bite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
edited because discussion of game mods not allowed on forum.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
to me this isnt even up for discussion.

without the flood you dont have Halo.

them being omitted from 4/5 was pure incompetence and shows you they really had no idea what they were doing as far as the storyline goes.
Halo 4 took place on a shield world, they wouldn’t have flood there for fairly obvious reasons. Halo 5 simply didn’t take us to any locations likely to contain the flood.
Nice excuses.

4/5 might aswell have taken place in disneyworld for all I care.

The flood are 100% integral to Halos storyline. The fact they were omitted is more likely due to them aiming for a T esrb rating more than anything. That and like I said before a bunch of people working on the game that "dont even like Halo" and pure incompetence. defend that if you want all day Idc, any old school Halo fan knows this was a massive mistake.
Well, with your Disney world quote, you are clearly ignoring how important that it being located in the right place is. There is a good chance of seeing flood on a halo ring, on the Ark, or in a forunner research facility. You are, obviously less likely to see the flood at any other location. Currently, in the halo universe, introducing the flood would have to be done at the right location and time. I do believe that there is, at least, a 65% chance that the flood will make some kind of an appearance. Especially when the entire community wants them.
I can definitely sure expect seeing the Flood Juggernaut and Tank Forms on Zeta Halo. I can also expect seeing the Stalker and Ranged Forms on Zeta Halo as well.
I miss them.
The Flood should return with a big emotional impact to the fans, Master Chief, and Arbiter.
Seeing the Flood return in the campaign levels in Halo Infinite is going to be one of the best.
Blast88 wrote:
Seeing the Flood return in the campaign levels in Halo Infinite is going to be one of the best.
I hope they bring back same style whip arms as in previous games.
YES, FLOOD! SCREW PROMETHEANS!
Ah, both my best and worst enemy. I hope they add all the flood types not seen in games but the expanded universe types
YES, FLOOD! SCREW PROMETHEANS!
The Prometheans were kind of the fill in for the flood, and the sentinels.
Ah, both my best and worst enemy. I hope they add all the flood types not seen in games but the expanded universe types
Well if the flood is no longer around we could make some cousins to the flood in a new faction of sorts.
Chimera30 wrote:
I hope the Flood won't be in Halo Infinite, at least not in a way that's integral to the plot. I don't like the logic plague fan theory that seems so popular right now. And honestly I think the whole "Flood is the true enemy" thing is played out. They had their arc in the original trilogy. Halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the Covenant and The Flood, yet the Covenant limped on for 2 more games and maybe will be in the next one. I don't want the Flood to similarly not have actually been defeated in Halo 3 (something Halo Wars 2 has already kind of done, but thankfully not to the point where the events of Halo 3 were rendered completely useless).
The Covenant limping on makes sense though, because you would have religious fanatics that would carry on, despite the greater group having its leadership removed. It would fracture and split. Jul's Covenant/The Didact's Hand just seems to be the largest of these splinter groups. If a form of the Covenant are back in Halo Infinite (I have no doubt that they will be), they could now revere Cortana as a god, just as Jul's did with the Didact. But they certainly aren't The Covenant anymore.

Looking at the trilogy, yes, it was the end of the Flood. Looking at it from a greater perspective, it was just the end of a large outbreak. Even at the end of Halo 3, there could still obviously be Flood samples on other Halos and installations.
We could be encountering Flood on Zeta Halo in Halo Infinite.
I would take the flood over the prometheans any day. It would be a bonus to see the flood wipe out the prometheans.
I think the Flood are going to return. They are in Halo Wars 2 afterall. I'm curious to see how and at what state of infection they will return.
I would take the flood over the prometheans any day. It would be a bonus to see the flood wipe out the prometheans.
I'd be pretty annoyed by that, actually. Considering Prometheans are purpose-built to kill the Flood, and there's nothing to indicate they were ever actually bad at killing Flood forms.

Unless you mean it as far less one-sided than I think you mean. Like, the Prometheans putting up one hell of a fight, but getting overrun in the long haul because Cortana integrated old Covenant races and such into the Created army like the alliance with Balaho would suggest.
It's always amusing to see Flood perform well in sheer numbers against enemies they normally have trouble with. In your mind, just replace the Hunter pair in this vid with Knights: https://streamable.com/wniro

I'd be pretty annoyed by that, actually. Considering Prometheans are purpose-built to kill the Flood, and there's nothing to indicate they were ever actually bad at killing Flood forms.

Unless you mean it as far less one-sided than I think you mean. Like, the Prometheans putting up one hell of a fight, but getting overrun in the long haul because Cortana integrated old Covenant races and such into the Created army like the alliance with Balaho would suggest.
Hmm we did see Sentinels and Enforcers being overwhelmed by Flood at times in H2. The Flood has the advantage in numbers and attack speed (discounting the badly implemented Pure Forms). Of course, H3 Flood would never stand a chance against Prometheans, but H2 Flood combat forms combined with HCE fast running Carriers? I think those could stand a chance.

I'm not really up to speed with the canon (as of H5), but are you suggesting that the Prometheans having Covies as allies would ultimately be a liability since they're vulnerable to the Flood? So the greater the Covie presence, the more Flood can be produced in the midst of battle. Are the Covies still allied with the Prometheans? I had that impression watching footage of the last level of H5 even though the alliance shouldn't have held at that point.

Or are you saying that the integrated Covies are markedly weaker than the humans/Forerunners who were turned into Promethean Knights?
YES, the flood is awesome, way more intresting than prometheans but i do believe 343 can make then intresting in Infinite.
It's always amusing to see Flood perform well in sheer numbers against enemies they normally have trouble with. In your mind, just replace the Hunter pair in this vid with Knights: https://streamable.com/wniro

Hmm we did see Sentinels and Enforcers being overwhelmed by Flood at times in H2. The Flood has the advantage in numbers and attack speed (discounting the badly implemented Pure Forms). Of course, H3 Flood would never stand a chance against Prometheans, but H2 Flood combat forms combined with HCE fast running Carriers? I think those could stand a chance.

I'm not really up to speed with the canon (as of H5), but are you suggesting that the Prometheans having Covies as allies would ultimately be a liability since they're vulnerable to the Flood? So the greater the Covie presence, the more Flood can be produced in the midst of battle. Are the Covies still allied with the Prometheans? I had that impression watching footage of the last level of H5 even though the alliance shouldn't have held at that point.

Or are you saying that the integrated Covies are markedly weaker than the humans/Forerunners who were turned into Promethean Knights?
Yes, but not the Storm Covenant itself; The Grunt homeworld is actively allied with the created, and grunts are good for Biomass if nothing else. (Flood controlled Goblins, anyone?). It's not unreasonable to think that Brutes, Jackals, Hunters, etc would be coerced or otherwise forced into serving the Created, considering the hate specifically for the UNSC* Cortana seems to have. So it's more 'former Covenant races forcibly integrated (Not into Prometheans, just forced into service)' than actual 'Covenant'.

But that's just a possibility I see, obviously. You shouldn't be getting a wholly separate Covenant/Promethean faction dynamic like we had in 5, Flood or not.

*Have I mentioned that it seems to be specifically the UNSC Cortana really hates? That's the only faction explicitly kneecapped by the Created uprising, unless there are any 'insurgents' or 'free governments' of Humanity that she's paid attention to, that I know of. I really don't like that.

Yes, but not the Storm Covenant itself; The Grunt homeworld is actively allied with the created, and grunts are good for Biomass if nothing else. (Flood controlled Goblins, anyone?). It's not unreasonable to think that Brutes, Jackals, Hunters, etc would be coerced or otherwise forced into serving the Created, considering the hate specifically for the UNSC* Cortana seems to have. So it's more 'former Covenant races forcibly integrated (Not into Prometheans, just forced into service)' than actual 'Covenant'.

But that's just a possibility I see, obviously. You shouldn't be getting a wholly separate Covenant/Promethean faction dynamic like we had in 5, Flood or not.

*Have I mentioned that it seems to be specifically the UNSC Cortana really hates? That's the only faction explicitly kneecapped by the Created uprising, unless there are any 'insurgents' or 'free governments' of Humanity that she's paid attention to, that I know of. I really don't like that.
I see, thanks for the info. That'd be a good reason to keep the Covie races around and up to date in terms of combat tactics and performance.

Were Covies and Prometheans deployed separately in H5? I seem to recall seeing them collaborate only twice in H4, on Infinity and perhaps Shutdown. Every other instance was either the one or the other, never both at the same time.

You're saying that Cortana has acquired an one-sided hatred for UNSC, but it's not explicitly made clear if this extends to non-UNSC human factions? Interesting.

(ha! Flood controlling mechs would mark the end of the world)
I would certainly be disappointed if we never saw a fight between the Flood and the Prometheans who were specifically meant to fight the Flood. Just leaving that potential of those encounters on the table would be a shame.

That being said, I really hope if/when the Flood ever return that they don't work like they do in Halo 3. Making the Flood vulnerable to "headshots" and normal melee attacks removes a lot of what makes them interesting to fight. Fighting the Flood should be all about crowd control rather than precision headshots.

My ideal Flood
*No "headshot" hitbox
*Melee is mostly useless unless it is a sword. hammer, or have big bayonets ala the Brute shot, spiker, mauler, etc.
*Relatively fragile, relies on numbers
*Infection form can still resurrect intact combat forms/biological enemies
*Combat forms can only be fully destroyed by fire based weapons, explosions, certain melee weapons(see: above), and Promethean disintegration.
*Weak to projectile weapons, resistant to plasma/energy weapons, normal damage against hardlight.
*Can still use vehicles ala Halo 2
*More varied pure forms that are a bit less tanky, same weaknesses as other Flood forms.
*Larger forms for vehicle oriented levels.

Broadly speaking although I am not against adding more variety to the Flood at the same time I want them to remain faction based around swarming rather than trying to give them the same depth as the Covenant. I want to fight the Flood, not a Flood themed Covenant, which I think is part of the problem with the Prometheans.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7