Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Flood Infected Wildlife?

OP x N7 117 x

In the first teaser for Halo: Infinite we see various animals roaming the Halo ring. If we do encounter the Flood once again, what do you think of potentially fighting off Flood infected wildlife? No species is immune to the Flood as far as we know, so there is a possibility.
I'd love to see something like this. Interacting with the environment can add a level of complexity to the experience. More specifically, I think it would depend on which wildlife. Some of the smaller and more docile creatures might be better suited to simple biomass. But more carnivorous and deadly wildlife, as seen in Hunters in the Dark (Blind Wolves for example), could be very interesting to fight, Flood or otherwise.
Spoiler:
Show
This is a very interesting thought and I hope we have at least some interaction with the wildlife unlike Halo 3 xD
I want to mow down infected Moas as they charge at me in a crazed frenzy.
I would like to see infected animals like the kind of infected birds and gorilas in the first halo wars
Actually wouldn't mind that being real new twist
That would be interesting but note that some wildlife species are probably still going to be immune to Flood infection because there are certain species who are immune to Flood infection and therefore cannot be infected.
Blast88 wrote:
That would be interesting but note that some wildlife species are probably still going to be immune to Flood infection because there are certain species who are immune to Flood infection and therefore cannot be infected.
Is there a source for that? I was under the impression that everything we have seen so far was susceptible to Flood infection.
If wildlife has as big a part in the game as they've teased and the Flood are in the game, it would be odd to not see infected wildlife. It would also inspire new and interesting flood forms to combat. Imagine one of those Rino's infected by the flood!
x N7 117 x wrote:
In the first teaser for Halo: Infinite we see various animals roaming the Halo ring. If we do encounter the Flood once again, what do you think of potentially fighting off Flood infected wildlife? No species is immune to the Flood as far as we know, so there is a possibility.
I def would like this. Imagine having to battle down one of those Space Rhio's that was infected? Or imagine a WICKED fast flood infected Space Deer? Def would be cool
If wildlife has as big a part in the game as they've teased and the Flood are in the game, it would be odd to not see infected wildlife. It would also inspire new and interesting flood forms to combat. Imagine one of those Rino's infected by the flood!
that would be awesome
Intresting idea, that would make it very scary.