So we have UNSC, Covenant (and their splinter forces aka Brutes), and Forerunner weapons (I consider Prometheans a Forerunner subfaction). But one faction of the Big 4 has yet to provide any weapons, the Flood. To put things in perspective, the forerunners a faction of floaty and teleportation machines have a vehicle before the flood got any guns. Now I know what some people are saying, the flood are space zombies they don't need guns, they simply take the guns from the other guys and use them. Well for 2 reasons, one fighting enemies that don't drop weapons are frustrating. Can you imagine fighting all those sentinels on Halo 2 if they didn't drop a sentinel beam upon their destruction? Also what made fighting the flood really annoying in H3 was pure forms being a %@$#& to fight against and left you with nothing in returns (especially in range form). It was easy to run out of ammo. Here are some ideas.Quote:Note: After some discussion in this thread I think a general concession is that the Flood don't make their weapons. However that is not enough reason that weapons of the same origin as the flood could be created within the Halo Universe. Enter the Primordials, much like the Prometheans came from the Forerunners, the Primodials did not come from the flood, but instead from the Primordial (Aka, The Captive One, AKA The Beast). These could have been its first attack before capture and imprisonment and after their failure the Primordial made the Flood, or the Primordial could have made them after the flood. Either way this new weapon pool would equip the 4th galactic power in Halo with a weapon that has a Flood like aesthetic, while not being Flood in origin.
For a list of Vehicle concept see this thread.
Flood weapon characteristics
- disgusting make them slimy and grose maybe even pulsating a little
- regenerating ammo So no heat, no reloads, but ammo regenerates over time. Now if you run out of ammo, you can just put it away and wait for it to regenerate, but if you burn through ammo you might find yourself out of bullets (or whatever those things the flood shoot at you are called).
- Living weapon you are not holding an infection form (at least not one that is infecting you) but you are using a weapon that is part of the flood and only knows hunger. These weapons may have some sort of sentience that seeks out targets, if done right it would be what you were aiming for, if done careless, your weapon may try and eat you.
- Spine Launcher So remember the range form from Halo 3. This is what they shoot at you. So nothing too special more like a rapid fire flood rifle. If you make a melee attack with this it becomes a mouth that chomps at your enemy. But be careful because if you miss it may bite your arm. Won't do any damage but you will be disabled from shooting, reloading, throwing grenades, picking up or switching weapons until you get your arm out of that jam.
- Infestation Head This is going to sound like using a tiger as a weapon by holding it by the tale. The Tank form was able to spawn infection forms from its mouth. Take the head of a tank, and it could spawn infection forms. Now of course they won't be able to turn players into combat forms or corpses into carrier forms in multiplayer (or could they? mwahaha) but take out your victim's shields, and drop these nasties with them and enjoy. Just be sure not to be the closest source of food otherwise you will be running from your own, bullets? Any way give this a slow regeneration rate so it is more of a specialist weapon like the grenade launcher.
- Stalker Scythe We have the range form weapon, we have the tank form weapon, now all we need is the stalker form. Problem is the stalker never had any weapons other than its arms. Well there you go take one and it looks like a scythe. Now of course it has been proven that a scythe is an unwieldy weapon as it was made for farming but if anime taught us anything is that if used competently it looks awesome. Now the ammo could be the blade length and if it is out of ammo it just breaks into a combat form arm that will regenerate eventually.
- Tentacle Launcher So the flood has a thing for tentacles (okay maybe not just the flood). Gravemind had them everywhere and we saw them in HW2 nightmare, so this would be the flood's long range weapon. It fires a flood rocket attached by a tentacle so you could guide it like a fly by wire missile but it is fly by tentacle, well you get the picture. If the tip hits something then it explodes like a small grenade but it is a instant kill headshot. However if you miss the target but you can touch it with the tentacle then it wraps around the target be it infantry or light vehicle like a lasso, giving you the opportunity to throw it into a wall of off a bridge. At the very least immobilize it for a few seconds so you can finish them with another weapon. This also goes without saying but slow ammo regeneration.
- Spore Grenades So the carrier forms is the form that goes boom, but does all of it explode (looking at Wright packets from Myth that Ghouls used to throw). So these are pretty much Flood version of grenades, it just leaves a green gaseous cloud that can be used to obscure vision. Hey it is more than a spike grenade.