Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Fluid 1-4 Player Campaign

OP URM0M0WZMEMONEY

My campaign idea is a fluid 1-4 player option wherein
Chief decides from mission to mission whether he is alone or taking teammates. Slightly different cut scenes could be made for each variable. This way the player(s) always play an authentic story and the replayability of the campaign is higher than ever, with 4 unique ways to play each mission! So long as the core story remains constant I think it would work out.

Additionally, this gives the option to go without AI spartans who don’t do much besides revive anyway.

Thanks and please share your thoughts!
Slightly different cut scenes could be made for each variable. This way the player(s) always play an authentic story and the replayability of the campaign is higher than ever, with 4 unique ways to play each mission!
YES!, I have always wanted to see more players in the cutscenes, sucks to be playing with friends to just see one dood in the cutscene, and I would think a great idea for a coop campaign is armor, give player 2, 3 and 4 different armor, maybe let player 1 be chief, and the other 3 players use their own customized armor, or let them choose a spartan that is in the story
Sure, I could get on board with that, but the story can't be sacrificed to accomodate that feature.
Okay just for clarification, are you asking for a campaign that has 4 character team (! player and 3 NPCs that can be taken over via Co-Op) as in Halo 3 or are you asking for a branching campaign?
Sort of like Halo 3? I‘m a fan for sure since it’s a unique approach and it’s just cool to hear different dialog in different situations.

At the same time, there’s no denying the beautiful simplicity of co-op from games like CE, 2, and 4. I liked how you and your buddy got to experience the same exact campaign, but now with your controller powers combined to obliterate everything.

Given a choice, I’d easily pick the Halo 3 approach though. If they can do something like that but more advanced, I think it could be fun. Like you said, OP, as long as the core story remains the same.
Okay just for clarification, are you asking for a campaign that has 4 character team (! player and 3 NPCs that can be taken over via Co-Op) as in Halo 3 or are you asking for a branching campaign?
In this idea the campaign would not branch in the sense of having different paths to take the story down. Rather, the same path could be traveled with 1-4 players and/or 1-3 AI as teammates. Whether Chief chooses to roll with 1-3 teammates (human, AI, or mix of both) would not effect the story other than slightly altering certain parts of cut scenes to include each Spartan. I especially like how this keeps Chief as the star and leader who makes the mission decisions. It would fit perfectly into the world because at this point everyone trusts Chief knows what he's doing.

Also, as SlipperedSpore pointed out, players will enjoy seeing their character represented on screen while maintaining the integrity of the situation.