Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Fly Pelicans and Phantoms in Warzone!!!

OP DUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Everyone since Halo CE has wanted to fly pelicans, and it is time 343 acknowledges this. Halo also needs 50 vs 50 war zone. If games like Apex, pubg, daycareNite can do this halo should lead the way. Below are some ideas for implementations of Pelican and Phantom in game. They should also incorporate vehicles from halo wars 2 like the wolverine to counter theses carriers (Another topic to discuss).

Pelican
  • Player drivable
  • Missiles Primary weapon (Driver controlled)
  • Rear turret
  • 6-8 player passengers
  • Should allow player spawning
  • Pick up vehicles like in game (Tanks, warthogs, pair of mongooses)
  • Spawns with vehicles attached (Warzone Req)
  • Weapon Pod Drop (Warzone Req)
  • Light and Medium Weapon (ARs, Brs, DMRs) spawns in passenger area (Next to cockpit door, or above seats)
Phantom
  • Player drivable
  • Plasma Canon Primary weapon (Passenger Controlled)
  • 2 side turrets.
  • 5-6 player passengers
  • Gravity lift for boarding
  • Pick up vehicles like in game (Tanks, warthogs, pair of mongooses)
  • Spawns with vehicles attached(Warzone Req)
  • Weapon Pod Drop (Warzone Req)
  • Light and Medium Weapon (Carbine, Plasma Rifle) spawns in passenger area (Next to cockpit door, or near exiting doors)
Spirit (Optional)
  • Player drivable
  • Plasma Canon Primary weapon (Passenger Controlled)
  • 6-12 player passengers
The issue with this (and probably why 343/bungie never did this in multiplayer) is that all someone has to do is whip out a laser and get an easy killionaire. I’d much rather that medal remain special than be able to fly very large dropships.
StuftRock1 wrote:
The issue with this (and probably why 343/bungie never did this in multiplayer) is that all someone has to do is whip out a laser and get an easy killionaire. I’d much rather that medal remain special than be able to fly very large dropships.
Unfriggenbelivable! Oooooooooohhhhhh! Mom, MOM! Look! I’m good at hAlO. (More squeaker noises)

Honestly StuffRock I use to be in the same boat as you during the first two years of Halo 5. The more I’ve thought about this the more I realize that I’m limiting the sandbox for assuming the game won’t be balanced. If these vehicles carry so many people die so quickly, there’ll be a patch to buff them or a patch to nerf the weapons that destroy them. Like the spartan lasers. Post launch balance will occur like they’ve tried with Warzone and I believe that 343i has learned from players’ creative exploits in Warzone enough for me to say that they can change the health bar on a vehicle like the phantom or pelican.

As for the OP; make a UNSC combat and transport Pelican. Then set the phantom with extra guns (like in h4) to be the combat counter part whilst giving the Spirit the transport equivalent to the transport pelican.
StuftRock1 wrote:
That's not a problem. You're just use to smaller kill medals. This would normalize the kill streak at a higher value.
Nalla78 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
Unfriggenbelivable! Oooooooooohhhhhh! Mom, MOM! Look! I’m good at hAlO. (More squeaker noises)

Honestly StuffRock I use to be in the same boat as you during the first two years of Halo 5. The more I’ve thought about this the more I realize that I’m limiting the sandbox for assuming the game won’t be balanced. If these vehicles carry so many people die so quickly, there’ll be a patch to buff them or a patch to nerf the weapons that destroy them. Like the spartan lasers. Post launch balance will occur like they’ve tried with Warzone and I believe that 343i has learned from players’ creative exploits in Warzone enough for me to say that they can change the health bar on a vehicle like the phantom or pelican.

As for the OP; make a UNSC combat and transport Pelican. Then set the phantom with extra guns (like in h4) to be the combat counter part whilst giving the Spirit the transport equivalent to the transport pelican.
It has nothing to do with how quickly they die, it’s the fact that they will die eventually and render high kill streak medals meaningless.
StuftRock1 wrote:
That's not a problem. You're just use to smaller kill medals. This would normalize the kill streak at a higher value.
Except nobody wants the high multikill and kill streak medals to be normalized. Killionaires and unfrigs should be something to be proud of and brag about, not “oh I just pulled out a laser and finished off a damaged spirit.” That completely makes those medals meaningless.

“Should high value multikill and kill streak medals be normalized?”

Is time made out of lines?
By the time you get to a player count that would actually support the use of a Pelican/Phantom/Spirit you would end up with a Halo game that is Halo in name only. Now that is fine for a spin-off, but a mainline Halo title comes with certain expectations.

Large scale combined arms gameplay is just not what mainline Halo titles are built for, they are entirely separate sub-genres with vastly different needs. I would love to play a Battlefield esque Halo game, but I don't want that to come at the expense or the more intimate small scale Halo titles I already enjoy.

And in case anyone is wondering, no, we can't "do both" in a single game. That would be the same as asking 343(or any dev for that matter) to produce two entire games with the time and resources as they would normally get for one. It just isn't feasible. No one game has to be all things to all people.

Bringing back the Falcon with usable passenger seats makes far more sense at scale of mainline Halo titles.

TL;DR Pelican too big.
In a way this would be cool but it would be unbalanced. Maybe if you shot it down you’d get one kill and everyone in it just falls to the ground. Now that could make for some cool kills with a sniper.
Only if it was a transport vehicle with a turret on the back of the Peli and 2 turrets on the side of the Phantom. Make it strong enough to were it would take a lot of firepower to bring it down but also slow it down as it's taking damage. The map would have to be like some of the ones on Reach.