OP DeadCassette

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
I'll start with the small stuff
Warthog didn't have weight to it. Didn't look like it was actually traveling on dirt. It also looked like a toy
The banished ship that resembles the covenant one is a weird design. Idc if its owned by the banished and that's why it looks like that. It just looks bad. Like a cube AKA toy like. Plastic

The HUD doesn't have the helmet feel that the halo 5 campiagn did. Say what you want about halo 5 but the helmet in the story makes you feel like you were in the helmet rather than just looking at a HUD

There barely seems to be any textures and whatever does look good looks like plastic anyways. Idc if the demo was from 6 months ago. Or that it isn't "polished". This is the first gameplay reveal for a flagship title. A system seller. After 5 years there is no excuse for it to look like this. They should've shown what's to be expected . Not an old demo

The grappling hook doesn't belong in halo. The thrusters were in the books that came out before halo CE. Where did the grappling hooks come from? Again say what you want about halo 5 but HCS SETTINGS is better than this. I now would rather take classic over what we have now. That's how disappointed I am.
Hit markers and radar needs to go. Radar for campgain? Fine everything else no. Watch there be aim assist lock on with the grapples. Basically anything that assists you should not be in the game.

Wheres the grit? This game litterally looks like a pg13 doom eternal. This game used to be M for mature. It used to have a mysterious story and a artstyle that didn't look plastic.

Even the story seems forced. I didn't like the pilot at all even before the gameplay reveal and the brute at the end just felt like a run of the mill enemy . No depth. No amazing action scenes. Just a man yelling in a ship and then a brute yelling at the end.

BLUE TEAM IS GONE. For the first time in halo 5 even tho the story was bad I was hyped for blue team. Could've made an epic return but no they had to remove any callbacks to halo 5. I don't think 343 realizes how important blue team is to the story

The new weapons litterally look like they are ripped straight out of call of duty. Idc how good they feel. Idc how many classic weapons come back. Those weapons are not halo

There was another thread talking about how sprint doesn't even exsist. That it's just an animation. I agree. Same with the grapple. It's just gimmick animations that make you feel like your doing something. Just watch the way he uses the grapple in the demo. He could've just kept shooting the brute and punched him . There was no need for a grapple and better yet it didn't even take you far

Doom eternal is better than is.
HCS SETTINGS is better than this.
CLASSIC is better than this
I agree with you 100%. This game looks nothing like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was rated E10+.
I mean you don't have to play it if you don't like it
I agree with you 100%. This game looks nothing like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was rated E10+.
It clearly does Look like Halo. And graphics can change just go and look at Halo 5 in Beta then at Launch. Stop complaining about nonsense what can be easily fixed.
It clearly does Look like Halo. And graphics can change just go and look at Halo 5 in Beta then at Launch. Stop complaining about nonsense what can be easily fixed.
Halo doesn't have sprint, Halo doesn't have a grappling hook, Halo is dark and gritty and this game comes out in 5 months which is barely enough time to fix anything.
I find it so funny how hard people are trying to hate this game. “Forced story” as though you’ve played -Yoink- all of the game. “No blue team” as though that’s an immediate turn off. Pretty much just opinionated ranting.

Legitimate criticism is fine but this is obviously not it. Deflections include such reasoning as “idc”- I feel the same way about this post.

EDIT: Also pretty funny that people would like OP's post when he just stated that what makes a Halo game is Blue Team, meaning he doesn't consider any of the Halo games to be real Halo games except for Halo 5. Blind hate has mass appeal.
Halo doesn't have sprint, Halo doesn't have a grappling hook, Halo is dark and gritty and this game comes out in 5 months which is barely enough time to fix anything.
Halo has had sprint for a while now get over it. And take the game for what it is or dont buy it. People look at Halo 3 like its some Godly game yet that game has many issues. Poor hit reg etc. Grappling hook is an awful idea i will agree. But the rumour is that and hook and sprint will be a pick up in MP and have strict times.

Before you say my fav Halo is Halo 2 but i have learned things will not go back to that. Halo Infinte is the last proper title and has a 10 year plan you can get behind it and give it a fair chance or leave.

Whining wont solve anything. Hell buy it on the game pass try it out for a month if its bad then no money lost.
Halo has only been dark and gritty in halo 2 and reach. Halo CE and halo 3 were not dark.... Also blame reach for adding sprint and causing this fuss. If Bungie made halo 4 it's guaranteed they would have added sprint
RABIH117 wrote:
Halo has only been dark and gritty in halo 2 and reach. Halo CE and halo 3 were not dark.... Also blame reach for adding sprint and causing this fuss. If Bungie made halo 4 it's guaranteed they would have added sprint
Exactly!!! People need to get over the sprint. Been in Halo now 10 years and wont be going away.
With Infinite there'll be just as many Halo FPS with sprint like without, so this statement is factually wrong.
Besides from that, I didn't know that you've been the lead game designer for the Halo games, since like, ever.
Knowing the "one and only true vision" of what Halo makes Halo and stuff.
Very pleased to meet you.
Halo has had sprint for a while now get over it. And take the game for what it is and dont buy it. People look at Halo 3 like its some Godly game yet that game has many issues. Poor hit reg etc. Grappling hook is an awful idea i will agree. But the rumour is that and hook and sprint will be a pick up in MP and have strict times.
If the rumor is true, why are they making multiplayer like Halo Reach? People have been begging for classic Halo for 10 years know.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
With Infinite there'll be just as many games with sprint like without, so this statement is factually wrong.
Besides from that, I didn't know that you've been the lead game designer for the Halo games, since like, ever.
Rumour is in MP Sprint is a power pick up. I know for a fact the hook is a pick up thats been confirmed.
Halo has had sprint for a while now get over it. And take the game for what it is and dont buy it. People look at Halo 3 like its some Godly game yet that game has many issues. Poor hit reg etc. Grappling hook is an awful idea i will agree. But the rumour is that and hook and sprint will be a pick up in MP and have strict times.
If the rumor is true, why are they making multiplayer like Halo Reach? People have been begging for classic Halo for 10 years know.
The hook one is confirmed as a pick up. Sprint is TBC. The problem is a lot of people like sprint the old school people like us dont but A LOT do. or simply dont care.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
With Infinite there'll be just as many games with sprint like without, so this statement is factually wrong.
Rumour is in MP Sprint is a power pick up. I know for a fact the hook is a pick up thats been confirmed.
I wouldn't believe those kind of rumors until we saw actual gameplay of MP.
But yes, I knew about the grappling hook, I've been only referring to that cherripopper guy.
I think 343 needs to stop making more halo games at this point.
They seem to start fresh every time and the games just look unfinished. I would rather being playing a glorified Halo 2 or 3 in unreal engine at this point. I think they need to start with what works and make gradual changes to the physics and graphics as technology progresses...not start from scratch. It's just a giant waste of time. Halo 2 and Halo 3 are a little outdated. But all they need to do is just update the player animations, graphics, gametypes, etc. as time goes by. They could also add campaign expansions if they want too. MCC is a joke btw they messed it up
I'll start with the small stuff
Warthog didn't have weight to it. Didn't look like it was actually traveling on dirt. It also looked like a toy
The banished ship that resembles the covenant one is a weird design. Idc if its owned by the banished and that's why it looks like that. It just looks bad. Like a cube AKA toy like. Plastic

The HUD doesn't have the helmet feel that the halo 5 campiagn did. Say what you want about halo 5 but the helmet in the story makes you feel like you were in the helmet rather than just looking at a HUD

There barely seems to be any textures and whatever does look good looks like plastic anyways. Idc if the demo was from 6 months ago. Or that it isn't "polished". This is the first gameplay reveal for a flagship title. A system seller. After 5 years there is no excuse for it to look like this. They should've shown what's to be expected . Not an old demo

The grappling hook doesn't belong in halo. The thrusters were in the books that came out before halo CE. Where did the grappling hooks come from? Again say what you want about halo 5 but HCS SETTINGS is better than this. I now would rather take classic over what we have now. That's how disappointed I am.
Hit markers and radar needs to go. Radar for campgain? Fine everything else no. Watch there be aim assist lock on with the grapples. Basically anything that assists you should not be in the game.
Wheres the grit? This game litterally looks like a pg13 doom eternal. This game used to be M for mature. It used to have a mysterious story and a artstyle that didn't look plastic.

Even the story seems forced. I didn't like the pilot at all even before the gameplay reveal and the brute at the end just felt like a run of the mill enemy . No depth. No amazing action scenes. Just a man yelling in a ship and then a brute yelling at the end.

BLUE TEAM IS GONE. For the first time in halo 5 even tho the story was bad I was hyped for blue team. Could've made an epic return but no they had to remove any callbacks to halo 5. I don't think 343 realizes how important blue team is to the story

The new weapons litterally look like they are ripped straight out of call of duty. Idc how good they feel. Idc how many classic weapons come back. Those weapons are not halo

There was another thread talking about how sprint doesn't even exsist. That it's just an animation. I agree. Same with the grapple. It's just gimmick animations that make you feel like your doing something. Just watch the way he uses the grapple in the demo. He could've just kept shooting the brute and punched him . There was no need for a grapple and better yet it didn't even take you far

Doom eternal is better than is.
HCS SETTINGS is better than this.
CLASSIC is better than this
The warthog is fine. The grappling hooks awesome. The graphics are incredible! Your just being a hater. I’ll bet you were complaining about 4 and 5 after there demos. Just give it a chance!( although, I must admit that your right about the brute. Pretty standard.)
I find it so funny how hard people are trying to hate this game. “Forced story” as though you’ve played -Yoink- all of the game. “No blue team” as though that’s an immediate turn off. Pretty much just opinionated ranting.

Legitimate criticism is fine but this is obviously not it. Deflections include such reasoning as “idc”- I feel the same way about this post.
As a fan that grew up with blue team . The books and the games. Blue team is pretty damn important . It's a forced story because it's ignoring all the lore that goes behind halo. The entire reason chief is even there is because of the help of blue team. He didn't do it alone. He was never alone. He had blue team at his side . People are quick to forget that the book came out first. Not the game. This is not an opinion . An opinion would be oh I don't like Promethean designs . Fact is they are removing what makes halo, halo.

Go take a look at the summary of the book first strike
They should've taken that story and made it into a game and then keep the base gameplay classic and add in whatever you want for custom games option but no they want a grappling hook front and center.
Halo has had sprint for a while now get over it. And take the game for what it is or dont buy it. People look at Halo 3 like its some Godly game yet that game has many issues. Poor hit reg etc. Grappling hook is an awful idea i will agree. But the rumour is that and hook and sprint will be a pick up in MP and have strict times.

Before you say my fav Halo is Halo 2 but i have learned things will not go back to that. Halo Infinte is the last proper title and has a 10 year plan you can get behind it and give it a fair chance or leave.

Whining wont solve anything. Hell buy it on the game pass try it out for a month if its bad then no money lost.
I like how this whole convo turned to sprint when that's not even the core issue of why halo Infinite is bad

As a fan that grew up with blue team . The books and the games. Blue team is pretty damn important . It's a forced story because it's ignoring all the lore that goes behind halo. The entire reason chief is even there is because of the help of blue team. He didn't do it alone. He was never alone. He had blue team at his side . People are quick to forget that the book came out first. Not the game. This is not an opinion . An opinion would be oh I don't like Promethean designs . Fact is they are removing what makes halo, halo.

Go take a look at the summary of the book first strike
They should've taken that story and made it into a game and then keep the base gameplay classic and add in whatever you want for custom games option but no they want a grappling hook front and center.
So Blue Team makes Halo Halo and if they’re not in the game the plot is forced? Then be unbiased and say Halos 1-4 are forced. And while you’re at it say Halo 3 ODST and Reach are forced and not Halo because they don’t have Blue Team either.

That is your opinion. The fact of the matter is that Blue Team existed only to have characters in the books. Halo games have not had Blue Team for years. I don’t care if the book came out first or if it came out at all, that’s EU material that I’m not concerned with.

I don’t have to look at any book summary, I know what the summary is, and once again it’s an EU book. It’s 100% your opinion that they should’ve made that book a game. I’m not sure what that has to do with the grappling hook either.

Once again, opinionated ranting.
Bro no BLUE TEAM?? What are you talking about???? They’re literally on Reach right now; The planet located RIGHT NEXT TO the location of where the new ring was teleported to at the end of Halo Wars 2. How are you going to say there’s no blue team when we’ve literally seen none of the campaign, This post is the single most egregious example of blind hate I’ve ever witnessed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10