2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
SMOK69KMK wrote:
I agree with you 100%. This game looks nothing like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was rated E10+.
It clearly does Look like Halo. And graphics can change just go and look at Halo 5 in Beta then at Launch. Stop complaining about nonsense what can be easily fixed.
Halo doesn't have sprint, Halo doesn't have a grappling hook, Halo is dark and gritty and this game comes out in 5 months which is barely enough time to fix anything.
With Infinite there'll be just as many games with sprint like without, so this statement is factually wrong.
Besides from that, I didn't know that you've been the lead game designer for the Halo games, since like, ever.
Knowing the "one and only true vision" of what Halo makes Halo and stuff.
Very pleased to meet you.
Rumour is in MP Sprint is a power pick up. I know for a fact the hook is a pick up thats been confirmed.
Sources?! I would be absolutely ecstatic to hear sprint is not in multiplayer, but rather a pickup.
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
I agree with you 100%. This game looks nothing like Halo. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was rated E10+.
It clearly does Look like Halo. And graphics can change just go and look at Halo 5 in Beta then at Launch. Stop complaining about nonsense what can be easily fixed.
Halo doesn't have sprint, Halo doesn't have a grappling hook, Halo is dark and gritty and this game comes out in 5 months which is barely enough time to fix anything.
Look, you're never going to get a halo 3 game again as halo is going in a new direction and I'm afraid you just have to accept that. It's a different take and frankly, halo is being made to appeal to the masses rather then just Bungie purists. You don't have to like it, but I'm afraid you do have to accept it.
cucking to focus groups is of no benefit to any game or gamer. appealing to the masses is rather pointless, as it would make halo a generic shooter, which makes it one of many and thereby limits its success. appealing to a specific audience captures this whole audience and may motivate others to try it.

anecdote: if you copy mcdonalds, you will likely go broke. you need to do something different or vastly better.
<p></p>
First off, that isn't an anecdote mate. An anecdote is a story that can be used to make a point (ish) and that is not a story at all.

Secondly, Halo still has a target audience, I never said it didn't. But it is trying to appeal to the masses as they have to try and get as many new people into the game as possible and in order to do that, they may have to modernise it a bit. Also you can have a game that appeals to the masses and it not be generic.
"analogy" would have been the better thing to say indeed.

modernization to not solemly rely on player retention is not the issue. the issue lies with some of the tried modernizations not benefitting the game, as these make the game less distinct which therefore has to compete harder with the original games of the niche they are developing towards. improving and expanding their own niche is more viable. make the players come, insted of making the game wander around.
If you're referring to sprint, slide, and clamber, these things are what a lot of newer gamers expect in a first person shooter and may be turned off by not being able to go faster when not in combat (like in an open world). In terms of grapple, in the campaign it looks like it may be a permanent ability and, while I understand that it is in other games, it provides a new experience to the halo universe and when you mix it with everything else in the game, such as equipment, weapons, enemy strategy, and overall world, it can provide an experience that you can find no where else. Also, in multiplayer it will be equipment that you can pick up on the map which I don't believe is in any other multiplayer component of a game.

While I understand that if they try to make the game similar to another one (like 4 did with cod) it will make it generic and lack creativity, but when you take one element from another game, add a slight spin to it, and place it in a different environment, it can create a vastly different experience even if the actual mechanic itself isn't too different from another game.
only sprint and clamber harm the halo formula. the rest is fine by my understanding.

making clamber have a realy small benefit and making sprint so that it works like the ghost boost (with weapons up) so it is only viable in open spaces might work, but is a hassle to balance. faster bms and a higher maximum crouch jump height would work simpler and better.
I agree with you about pretty much everything. Radar/ motion tracker is fine. It's always been in Halo so leave it be. Grapple hook can go, maybe for pve only but definitely not for multiplayer.
Plastic has been 343 art style for quite sometime.

I think they are lying about the demo. If it's old then where is the new one? 343 attempted to cover up.
Reptar117 wrote:
I mean you don't have to play it if you don't like it
Does it mean that it is easier for the franchise to lose fans than to do what they want? 343I never got 100% right with Halo that's the truth. The Bungie who made good stories.

Will I have to stop playing too?
If you want to then sure
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
Look, you're never going to get a halo 3 game again as halo is going in a new direction and I'm afraid you just have to accept that. It's a different take and frankly, halo is being made to appeal to the masses rather then just Bungie purists. You don't have to like it, but I'm afraid you do have to accept it.
cucking to focus groups is of no benefit to any game or gamer. appealing to the masses is rather pointless, as it would make halo a generic shooter, which makes it one of many and thereby limits its success. appealing to a specific audience captures this whole audience and may motivate others to try it.

anecdote: if you copy mcdonalds, you will likely go broke. you need to do something different or vastly better.
<p></p>
First off, that isn't an anecdote mate. An anecdote is a story that can be used to make a point (ish) and that is not a story at all.

Secondly, Halo still has a target audience, I never said it didn't. But it is trying to appeal to the masses as they have to try and get as many new people into the game as possible and in order to do that, they may have to modernise it a bit. Also you can have a game that appeals to the masses and it not be generic.

modernization to not solemly rely on player retention is not the issue. the issue lies with some of the tried modernizations not benefitting the game, as these make the game less distinct which therefore has to compete harder with the original games of the niche they are developing towards. improving and expanding their own niche is more viable. make the players come, insted of making the game wander around.
If you're referring to sprint, slide, and clamber, these things are what a lot of newer gamers expect in a first person shooter and may be turned off by not being able to go faster when not in combat (like in an open world). In terms of grapple, in the campaign it looks like it may be a permanent ability and, while I understand that it is in other games, it provides a new experience to the halo universe and when you mix it with everything else in the game, such as equipment, weapons, enemy strategy, and overall world, it can provide an experience that you can find no where else. Also, in multiplayer it will be equipment that you can pick up on the map which I don't believe is in any other multiplayer component of a game.

While I understand that if they try to make the game similar to another one (like 4 did with cod) it will make it generic and lack creativity, but when you take one element from another game, add a slight spin to it, and place it in a different environment, it can create a vastly different experience even if the actual mechanic itself isn't too different from another game.
only sprint and clamber harm the halo formula. the rest is fine by my understanding.

making clamber have a realy small benefit and making sprint so that it works like the ghost boost (with weapons up) so it is only viable in open spaces might work, but is a hassle to balance. faster bms and a higher maximum crouch jump height would work simpler and better.
Tbh, I completely agree with the last sentence. But, for me, I personally don't think that sprint and clamber harm the halo formula, they just add something else to it. With sprint and clamber, because they have an animation and take a little bit to go back to gun ready mode, you have to use these things while being wary that if you sprint into someone's line of fire, you are going to be at a immediate disadvantage in that gunfight. But I do understand where you're coming from and if I were to make a halo game I wouldn't include those elements. But sadly, that's not what 343 are doing and I can also understand why it's kept in. One thing I'm curious about is, for you does it make the game not fun or just less fun?
This is the most violent forum I've ever seen
I think it looks like it has great potential. HOWEVER. As people have said before, just about everything about the Phantom looks disappointing. The Warthog sounds weak What was 343 thinking, recording anything less than a beefy V8 with turbo whine (AMG GT), for the Warthog sound? I can't stand the cartoon particle effects that look like they were ripped right from Breath of the Wild, a style that clashes with the rest of the visuals. Plasma Batteries and Fusion Coils look like they belong in Zelda as well.

The visual style looks like it was made by 2 completely different teams, which means this is either made up of VERY old assets, or tells us there was poor direction and communication in that area. I enjoy Zelda, and I understand Halo never had super realistic visuals, but the Infinite demo and 1 minute campaign trailer both look like the assets are a jumbled mess from 2 entirely different projects. It looks like a PC game loaded with free mods, not an industry leading, cohesive product.
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:
MerlinG2 wrote:

<p></p>

Tbh, I completely agree with the last sentence. But, for me, I personally don't think that sprint and clamber harm the halo formula, they just add something else to it. With sprint and clamber, because they have an animation and take a little bit to go back to gun ready mode, you have to use these things while being wary that if you sprint into someone's line of fire, you are going to be at a immediate disadvantage in that gunfight. But I do understand where you're coming from and if I were to make a halo game I wouldn't include those elements. But sadly, that's not what 343 are doing and I can also understand why it's kept in. One thing I'm curious about is, for you does it make the game not fun or just less fun?
less fun and less distinct. i enjoy the arcade like strafing and backwards jumping of old halos and the simplicity of just moving. i also enjoy the concepts of spartans rushing around the battlefield while always keeping a steady hand.

a thing i could get behind is the sprint arm sway just being an automatic animation for top speed (forward speed could be 5% faster at max) when not aiming at a person or shooting, as well as clamber being only an extra crouch height advantage more than crouch jump.
Fingers crossed that they can pull it off. I wish them the best of luck
starting a thread saying " for those defending the demo" kinda implies you are going to come up with facts that negate that view. But then the OP goes off and just gives his opinion , which tbh means nothing, we dont know you, your not a dev. End of the day it isn't going to change the opinion from those who liked the game

Graphics are nice, but like all things once you get over first impressions, you look for substance, and the demo showed substance more than most recent halos, so im going to keep my opinion that i think the demo show me that im probably going to enjoy playing halo infinite.
My only criticism is how bad the visuals are FOR A SERIES X GAME. It looks fine as an Xbox One or One X game, although it is clearly missing lots of small visual details that the best looking AAA games have.

This new system is 3x more powerful than the Xb1X and at least 6x more powerful than the One S. The new system is no joke with 12 tf and a quantum leap in the CPU over the Jaguar cpu of the Xbox One! Also, no Ray Tracing for the demo and no ray tracing at launch? That's just bizarre.

I actually like the art style and gameplay but man this was a bad showing. Gameplay could be doing more aswell. They need to DELAY this game. This needs a delay more than any game in recent memory.

Knowing 343 and MS though they wont delay it and the game will probably be another MCC situation. They still havn't fixed the FRAMERATE of Halo Ce and Halo 2 campaigns on the xb1x guys, go check them out for yourselves, please. I have 0 faith right now in MS and 343 because they've been ignoring the fps issue for 7 months while only working on PC releases. If Microsoft had good management and respect for their players they wouldn't allow these situations to happen.
I think it looks like it has great potential. HOWEVER. As people have said before, just about everything about the Phantom looks disappointing. The Warthog sounds weak What was 343 thinking, recording anything less than a beefy V8 with turbo whine (AMG GT), for the Warthog sound? I can't stand the cartoon particle effects that look like they were ripped right from Breath of the Wild, a style that clashes with the rest of the visuals. Plasma Batteries and Fusion Coils look like they belong in Zelda as well.

The visual style looks like it was made by 2 completely different teams, which means this is either made up of VERY old assets, or tells us there was poor direction and communication in that area. I enjoy Zelda, and I understand Halo never had super realistic visuals, but the Infinite demo and 1 minute campaign trailer both look like the assets are a jumbled mess from 2 entirely different projects. It looks like a PC game loaded with free mods, not an industry leading, cohesive product.
I think it's bad management that is not just from 343i but also Microsoft. No excuse for this game not to wow us considering how powerful the Series X is. I forgot about the particle effects too. They look so last gen and nothing like games known for having great hardware particle accelleration like God of War and Doom.

Also, readon i know its bad management is how they've handled the MCC. Ive been trying to get 343s attention about what they did to the FPS of Halo CE and Halo 2 on the Xb1X. Used to run 4k/60 now the framerate is abysmal. They broke it when they launched Reach ....7 months ago.
I love these posts! It's passion whether you like it or not.

See you all at launch :)
Is a thread like this supposed to make me feel bad for really liking the demo and being excited for the game? Such a killjoy.
I know! There never happy!
This is the most violent forum I've ever seen
Honestly surprised they haven't locked this one yet.
Yep it's pretty toxic. I don't envy the mods - and I commend their restraint to date... it would be so easy to inflame things even more...

Hopefully things will settle down in the next few days.
Look at The Vengeful 'Vadam Halo ce look at one of the builds that was being 3 months away from being release and watch the whole thing not like 15 min like the whole 30 mins it was really, really interesting.

Full Analysis of the Halo CE Beta (1749) Part 1: Main Menu and General Gameplay
I think 343 needs to stop making more halo games at this point.
They seem to start fresh every time and the games just look unfinished. I would rather being playing a glorified Halo 2 or 3 in unreal engine at this point. I think they need to start with what works and make gradual changes to the physics and graphics as technology progresses...not start from scratch. It's just a giant waste of time. Halo 2 and Halo 3 are a little outdated. But all they need to do is just update the player animations, graphics, gametypes, etc. as time goes by. They could also add campaign expansions if they want too. MCC is a joke btw they messed it up
Oh jessus christ grow up as they are update mcc As halo reach and 3 in mcc on both pc and console can fully customize the armor like OG versions as halo 4 will have this feature as well when it get updated later this year. If you don't like what 343 make, get out of the community it stresses me enough cause you all don't wanna accept the fact that 343 is trying there best to please everyone and that pretty hard as you have old members from bungie days and 343 day fans and i'm both and I can adapt to mix. Second fact you all can't accept that is Bungie never coming back to make halo as they are so involved with destiny 2. You all don't like sprint in halo? Don't use sprint then, that simple.
I'll start with the small stuff
Warthog didn't have weight to it. Didn't look like it was actually traveling on dirt. It also looked like a toy
The banished ship that resembles the covenant one is a weird design. Idc if its owned by the banished and that's why it looks like that. It just looks bad. Like a cube AKA toy like. Plastic

The HUD doesn't have the helmet feel that the halo 5 campiagn did. Say what you want about halo 5 but the helmet in the story makes you feel like you were in the helmet rather than just looking at a HUD

There barely seems to be any textures and whatever does look good looks like plastic anyways. Idc if the demo was from 6 months ago. Or that it isn't "polished". This is the first gameplay reveal for a flagship title. A system seller. After 5 years there is no excuse for it to look like this. They should've shown what's to be expected . Not an old demo

The grappling hook doesn't belong in halo. The thrusters were in the books that came out before halo CE. Where did the grappling hooks come from? Again say what you want about halo 5 but HCS SETTINGS is better than this. I now would rather take classic over what we have now. That's how disappointed I am.
Hit markers and radar needs to go. Radar for campgain? Fine everything else no. Watch there be aim assist lock on with the grapples. Basically anything that assists you should not be in the game.
Wheres the grit? This game litterally looks like a pg13 doom eternal. This game used to be M for mature. It used to have a mysterious story and a artstyle that didn't look plastic.

Even the story seems forced. I didn't like the pilot at all even before the gameplay reveal and the brute at the end just felt like a run of the mill enemy . No depth. No amazing action scenes. Just a man yelling in a ship and then a brute yelling at the end.

BLUE TEAM IS GONE. For the first time in halo 5 even tho the story was bad I was hyped for blue team. Could've made an epic return but no they had to remove any callbacks to halo 5. I don't think 343 realizes how important blue team is to the story

The new weapons litterally look like they are ripped straight out of call of duty. Idc how good they feel. Idc how many classic weapons come back. Those weapons are not halo

There was another thread talking about how sprint doesn't even exsist. That it's just an animation. I agree. Same with the grapple. It's just gimmick animations that make you feel like your doing something. Just watch the way he uses the grapple in the demo. He could've just kept shooting the brute and punched him . There was no need for a grapple and better yet it didn't even take you far

Doom eternal is better than is.
HCS SETTINGS is better than this.
CLASSIC is better than this
Dont even bother playing Halo anymore if you're going with the Judge a book by its cover.
this game has no grit or sense of mystery in the art style, imagine finding an ancient forerunner underground cave but everything looks like a toy. Breath of the wild looks more mature than Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10