Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Forerunner Vehicles

OP DarianRitten

One thing I would like to see in Halo Infinite is Forerunner vehicles. The idea I had was that they would work similar to how Fore runner weapons do where there would be certain Promethean units that would be plugged in to the vehicles and the pilot would actually be part of the vehicle ad if you board the vehicle or kill the pilot it it would (much like the forerunner weapons) reconfigure to be driven by the player.
it depends if there is forerunners in the game, but maybe there could be a forerunner land vehicle unlike the ghost. obviously it could float but maybe with teleportation powers
for those that know the Lore I'd love a Sphinx have that on sand trap rather than the elephants.
One thing I would like to see in Halo Infinite is Forerunner vehicles. The idea I had was that they would work similar to how Fore runner weapons do where there would be certain Promethean units that would be plugged in to the vehicles and the pilot would actually be part of the vehicle ad if you board the vehicle or kill the pilot it it would (much like the forerunner weapons) reconfigure to be driven by the player.
Would be nice but only in multiplayer as it wouldn't make sense in campaign. It should give the sentinal beam a buff as it's the same weapon on the phaeton, just with OP aim assist. Having promethian land vehicles would be fine in campaign if it was like the prometheans crash landed or somat but would either fit in well with the sandbox like the Halo 3 prowler or would kill itself and the ghost at the same time.
Would be nice but only in multiplayer as it wouldn't make sense in campaign. It should give the sentinal beam a buff as it's the same weapon on the phaeton, just with OP aim assist. Having promethian land vehicles would be fine in campaign if it was like the prometheans crash landed or somat but would either fit in well with the sandbox like the Halo 3 prowler or would kill itself and the ghost at the same time.
How does it not make sense the weapons used by the Promethean Knights transform when you pick them up. The Promethean weapons were designed so that the Forerunners could use them as well (which is why they reconfigure for the Master Chief since the humans are genetically similar to the Forerunners) and I'd assume the Forerunners would have designed whatever vehicles they used on their world to be usable by the Promethean knights as well. I thought that the knights wouldn't be entirely attached but I would imagine their arms (and possibly legs) would be connected to the vehicle and that after they are removed form the vehicle it reconfigure in the same way as the Forerunner guns, but this is all assuming the Promethean Knights (and the other Forerunner Constructs) are going to make an appearance.
it depends if there is forerunners in the game, but maybe there could be a forerunner land vehicle unlike the ghost. obviously it could float but maybe with teleportation powers
I don't think they will allow it to teleport since that would be quite hard to balance.
I don't think they will allow it to teleport since that would be quite hard to balance.
i was thinking kinda like the halo 5 phaeton
short boost like teleporting with a cooldown
i was thinking kinda like the halo 5 phaeton
short boost like teleporting with a cooldown
I've not played Halo 5 but intend to do so I still think there would be problems given how unfair I found the teleporting abilities of the Promethean Knights and given that players would be using this ability more effectively than the AI, this could be used in unfair ways such as splatter kills. and unlike boost this would be far harder to predict and would lead to players not being able to avoid being hit.
for those that know the Lore I'd love a Sphinx have that on sand trap rather than the elephants.
A War Sphinx would have been godlike.
Assuming Forerunners/Prometheans are in the game, any vehicles must be unique. I wouldn't want to see a ghost clone or warthog clone - I would rather see something unique that has it's own strengths and weaknesses (maybe it's fast but the weapons overheat). The phaeton was cool, but it was essentially just a banshee with different evade mechanics and a VTOL flight system.
While I like the Phaeton, I think going back to more Sentinel style for the large Forerunner units makes sense. That would mean we get large autonomous enemies instead of smaller enemies driving vehicles. Instead, they should make sure the Brute and Human vehicle options fill every role they need.
A ghost like vehicle with the phaeton boost, no actual weapon, just splatter
surfer45 wrote:
A ghost like vehicle with the phaeton boost, no actual weapon, just splatter
Best idea ever-all you need to do is an underpowered sentinal beam from Halo 5