3. ...
  4. 2
StuftRock1 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeh heard about that. I guess it's about time, I just hope Halo Infinite learns from H5's poor design and helps make Infinite's forge user friendly.
Hopefully they also make sure that the forge worlds are big with bigger budgets since I hated the limits on 4,5 while to this day Reach had the perfect balance on the 360...which is why it confused me when 4,5 were worse, more restrictive.
I have seen many creations actually. Go look at my bookmarked maps, specifically Pyromancer. Look at my own Vehicle Fiesta maps. None of these were even conceivable in Reach. You might be able to replicate Pyromancer’s layout, but good luck trying to even come close to the detailing and textures.

Talent will only go as far as the limitations of the game, surely you must realize that. Take the number one most talented forger on the planet and tell them to replicate the OG Vehicle Fiesta map in Reach. Same size, same terrain, same number of working teleporters, same number of vehicles (obviously Reach has a different vehicle selection from H5, so just try to get the same number of vehicles in), same spawning room, etc. Spoiler alert: they can’t. The budget is more restrictive, there are no terrain pieces, no invisible barriers, no Pelican or Phantom props, no weather options... Talent will only get you as far as what the game allows. Heck, people have even recreated Forge World in Halo 5.

I don’t have a problem with people not liking H5 forge. I have a problem with people attempting to claim that H5 forge is more restrictive and limiting than Reach, because that claim is so objectively false its cringe worthy. You can not like the new ui, you can not like the forge maps available (which frankly is something completely separate from forge itself), but to look at all the new amazing features H5 has to offer such as scripting, texturing, terrain building, weather, smoother and more user friendly movement, budget system, better magnets, ability to edit coordinates, and a much wider selection of props and sfx and say that Reach, where all of those things either don’t exist or are significantly inferior, is better just grinds my gears.

You can not like H5 forge. That’s your choice and I frankly don’t care what your opinion is. But Reach forge is objectively thousands of times more limiting and restrictive than H5 forge, and I know for a fact the vast majority of the community agrees with me on that because of the amazingly high praise H5 forge got for being by far the best in the franchise. You don’t like it? Cool. You know of other people who also don’t like it? Cool. I know of people who truly believe H5 had an amazing campaign. That doesn’t mean the campaign is actually good.
Of course most of us have seen plenty of forge maps. I'd be surprised if anyone here hasn't seen them and it's painfully obvious that you should know this. There are maps that I've even recreated in past games that are now physically impossible to create in Halo 5. Also no there isn't a full on forge world...it's scaled down but nice try.

As for being restrictive...we're never going to agree on that. This is your 'opinion' and it certainly shouldn't come off as 'superior' just because you disagree with others.
Telling me what I can, can't like is ridiculous, yes that's my choice and it's not up to dictate what opinions are allowed. If you like or hate forge...that's fine like I previously said.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2