Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Forgeworld

OP X11 XOMAN

I have touched on this before I believe but I want to do me more pacific I'm hoping and Halo infinite in forgeworld we can forge bases partially on land and then have an elevator system and Forge the other half underwater I had this idea of back in Halo Reach but when you go underwater well it kills you
I've always hoped for an underwater forge section, people got quite creative in Halo Reach in pulling this off but it'd be nice to see it officially expanded upon.
Would love to see Forge World again in Halo Infinite. They can even expand on it. Imagine all the cool things we could do with the expanded forge mode. Skybox changes, weather effects,etc. Would be pretty sick.
I want a Forge world that can fit up to 100 players to play in custom games halo 5 Guardians forge maps are way to small plus the controllers are horrible make it more like halo reach forge controls I want bigger forge pieces like in halo reach put bigger air vehicles like the pelican bring every past halo game vehicles and the 2 new ones in halo 5 guardians back I do want to make elevators so I we can make a big city map make it where you can go way high up!!
How about Forge World, but with an unlimited budget?
I want a forge world that simulates space, or gravity on a small planet, and combat goes in accordance with the effects gravity has on the player. Cod: Infinite warfare did it really well.
XXGOOSE2XX wrote:
I want a Forge world that can fit up to 100 players to play in custom games halo 5 Guardians forge maps are way to small plus the controllers are horrible make it more like halo reach forge controls I want bigger forge pieces like in halo reach put bigger air vehicles like the pelican bring every past halo game vehicles and the 2 new ones in halo 5 guardians back I do want to make elevators so I we can make a big city map make it where you can go way high up!!
I wouldn’t mind a hybrid of the forge controls. I prefer the reach controls but I know the halo 5 controls were superior in the creation of maps (just by talking with others)
but yeah it was hard to get use to.
I wouldn’t mind multiple forge worlds. Of course the OG will be cool, possibly even bigger. But yeah can’t wait to see what we get. Maybe different types of biomes as well such as desert and so on.
One Forgeworld.

Editable terrain.

Ability to change biome from Snow to Desert to Grass to Rock to...
Darwi wrote:
One Forgeworld.

Editable terrain.

Like some of the H: Reach mods for a snowy or dark night atmosphere but obviously more customization?
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I have touched on this before I believe but I want to do me more pacific I'm hoping and Halo infinite in forgeworld we can forge bases partially on land and then have an elevator system and Forge the other half underwater I had this idea of back in Halo Reach but when you go underwater well it kills you
Vohark wrote:
I've always hoped for an underwater forge section, people got quite creative in Halo Reach in pulling this off but it'd be nice to see it officially expanded upon.
Check out the Depths Forge canvas in Halo 5. Completely underwater, it's pretty cool. On this one I'm a bit doubtful that they'll have it return though, barely anybody used that canvas and I almost never saw it in the Custom Games browser.
Cobra J24 wrote:
Would love to see Forge World again in Halo Infinite. They can even expand on it. Imagine all the cool things we could do with the expanded forge mode. Skybox changes, weather effects,etc. Would be pretty sick.
Halo 5's Forge also has weather effects, different skyboxes (especially on the Parallax canvas). Hopefully, that returns but we never know.
How about Forge World, but with an unlimited budget?
You can actually go over the budget in Halo 5's Forge but if you go too far it gets glitchy and the lighting becomes worse. It's likely whatever kind of Forge we get in Infinite will have an unlimited budget as well.
I wouldn’t mind multiple forge worlds. Of course the OG will be cool, possibly even bigger. But yeah can’t wait to see what we get. Maybe different types of biomes as well such as desert and so on.
Darwi wrote:
One Forgeworld.

Editable terrain.

We had editable terrain and different terrain for different base biomes in Halo 5 and H2A already, as well as the different canvasses for each of them, so I do not think they will remove that feature. I think it before was Alpine (grassy and rocky mountains/forest, with plains and a lake on the edge), Glacier (snowy mountains with ice and a glacier), Parallax (space and sky, no land), Depths (underwater with a sandy seafloor), and Barrens (sandy desert). However, I do have to say that being able to change the base biome on one canvas to another would be really cool as well, and it's something we've never seen before.

So In general I'd say most of what you are all suggesting is likely to happen, except for the return Forge World itself (as in the specific map from Reach) because some might think it is obsolete. In fact, IIRC somebody actually recreated the whole of Forge World within the Alpine canvas on Halo 5, so while in theory, the maps are around the same size, I think Forge World might be considered a little too specifically shaped, so 343i might go with a flatter canvas and have the Forgers just make their own terrain. Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll get a remake of Forge World in Infinite (probably made by a Forger) and so the nostalgia factor will always be there.

Personally, I can be very lazy, so the number one thing I missed from Reach's forge was the prebuilt structures, so I'll be looking for that to return. We also had the prefab system from 5 so if that does make a reappearance that could make up for it.
Oh know that aspects such as biomes and such existed. But with the new engine it’s possibly that they may cut some features. Not saying they will but I think that’s part of the point of discussing it here. So hopefully they read this comment and any retracting of features that helped creators would be a bad idea.
I think the main reason forge world was so good is because of the various templates it gave you. Nostalgia will certainly play a part but I like the various options that you had present that were premade and can be worked with. Blank slates are nice too but it will assist that degree of entry for those that have a less creative mind or those that are turned off by blank flat maps.
Winter would be awesome