Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Game Engine Demo Trailer -- Interesting Points

OP MAJ L Starns

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
- For the First time since the original Halo: CE E3 2000 Trailer -- We have a look at legitimate Wildlife with AI on a Halo Array. (Of course there was Wildlife on Reach but not very much, it was Scarce -- Moa's and Guetas.)

- Marines make their return with badass armor that doesn't make them look like football players -- like the ones on the Infinity.

- There is a number of different Marine Armor variants shown in the trailer, albeit from a distance.

- There was an Underwater Vehicle of some type (Presumably Forerunner design, possibly Sentinel Enforcer), which may hint at Spartans not instantly dying upon being submerged in water. Which would be a feature that is much like Halo CE.

- This reveal demo/trailer was basically a throwback to the first Halo game's E3 in 2000 which earns a lot of respect for 343i.

- The Masterchief [Confirmed by 117 on back of helmet] -- put a new AI chip into the back of his head. Which is pretty big symbolism.

- The date in the pelican monitor is 05.27.2560 [1:05 hard to see -- front of the cockpit on the display there is an instant the display lights up -- confirming the date]

- In the pelican there is also a POSTER that says: "Fight for her" and other words, this is a reference to a similar banner in Halo 3: ODST. [1:05 -- Far left side of the cockpit]

- Some type of Runes, Forerunner, possibly Ancient Human written on a stone surface. [30 second mark]

- Morse Code waiting to be translated [34 Second mark]

My Thoughts on the Trailer:

The game as it is shown here takes place on a Halo Array, with assumingly UNSC personnel shooting off blue flares, though if the entire game takes place on a Halo, I can only speculate as to what kind of threats that the Masterchief might run into and can't help but wonder which ring this is... The one Created by Anders who came into contact with a Guardian (Halo Wars 2 Legendary Ending)? Which Cortana seems to have come in possession of at the end of Halo 5 (Legendary Ending). OR simply one of the other rings the UNSC already 'owned'...

Of course, these trailers have been disregarded in the past and this was stated to be a Game Engine Demo...

If you see anything, let us know.
The wild life is what threw me off from thinking it was halo. Also the moving vehicle in the water is a large sentinel. I'm not sure the exact name of it, but is was featured in halo 2.
It was just an engine trailer that eventually shows Chief and it looks very Halo Combat Evolved. I feel that the information they showed was just irrelevant, that it is confused to me of what Halo Infinite really is about.
Interesting point: the date in the pelican monitor is 05.27.2560, we will have to research how many days or months separates this from Halo 5 and Wars 2.

In the pelican there is also a banner that says: "Fight for her" and other words, this is a reference to a similar banner in Halo 3: ODST.
The vehicle underwater is a Warthog. Honestly, it reminds me of a scene from the Last Jedi, where Luke's X-wing is submerged. Don't hate me, I just happen to remember that.
Anyone know what the text says at the start of the trailer?
NEXUS NX wrote:
It's Forerunner. I'm currently attempting to translate it. I'll edit this post (or maybe make a new one).
EDIT: I can't. I can't recognize these. I'm doubting if they're even Forerunner now.
NEXUS NX wrote:
It's Forerunner. I'm currently attempting to translate it. I'll edit this post (or maybe make a new one).
EDIT: I can't. I can't recognize these. I'm doubting if they're even Forerunner now.
It could be ancient human.
NEXUS NX wrote:
It could be ancient human.
Remember that ship from the CEA terminal that is still unknown what it's from? It could be that too. It's not Forerunner, since Sparks doesn't recognize. It's not Covenant. Too early for that... it could be that specie.
HALDO27 wrote:
Interesting point: the date in the pelican monitor is 05.27.2560, we will have to research how many days or months separates this from Halo 5 and Wars 2.
Halo 5 took place October or 2558. So, if the date on the Pelican is to be believed, the game would take place roughly two years after the events of Halo 5.
Who is the her and why would that banner be on a pelican? Also was that a knight stomping past tent?
Who is the her and why would that banner be on a pelican? Also was that a knight stomping past tent?
The her is Earth and the Banner is there just like how it was in the Autumn: to remind you of what you're fighting for.
That trailer gave me the same feel as the Halo 3 reveal trailer. From the return to a more classic art style, to the possibility of it being open world on living and breathing(wildlife) Halo ring. I've got good vibes from this already. I know it's just a tech demo, but you don't show extremely vast open environments and a large amount of wildlife if you aren't intending on using it in the game.
The wild life is what threw me off from thinking it was halo. Also the moving vehicle in the water is a large sentinel. I'm not sure the exact name of it, but is was featured in halo 2.
You're talking about a Sentinel Enforcer. I'd have to go back and rewatch to see if I agree whether that's what it is.

Anyway, I think people are forgetting this is an announcement trailer (also known as a teaser trailer). Announcement trailers are usually intended simply to tell people the game is being made and convey one or two things in particular, such as when it is set or what the general vibe is that they're going for. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the individual small details on most announcement trailers. However, I do personally believe 343i are trying to convey at least two things with this trailer:
1. The artstyle will be based on a more classic Halo artstyle (although Forerunner design seems to still be 343i)
2. The level design may provide a lot more freedom. (It reminds me both of the E3 2000 demo; and the Halo CE second level, which I believe is intended).
You're talking about a Sentinel Enforcer. I'd have to go back and rewatch to see if I agree whether that's what it is.
If it was a Sentinel Enforcer, it wouldn't as be completely submerged as seen in the trailer. That thing's bigger than a Warthog, maybe even a Wraith. It has to be something else.
- The Masterchief -- assuming that this Spartan is the Masterchief in the trailer, put a new AI chip into the back of his head. Which is pretty big symbolism.
He is john as there's "117" written on the back of the helmet.
PIX24 wrote:
- The Masterchief -- assuming that this Spartan is the Masterchief in the trailer, put a new AI chip into the back of his head. Which is pretty big symbolism.
He is john as there's "117" written on the back of the helmet.
Damn, good eyes.
If it was a Sentinel Enforcer, it wouldn't as be completely submerged as seen in the trailer. That thing's bigger than a Warthog, maybe even a Wraith. It has to be something else.
It could be a smaller version of the Sentinel Enforcer.
It could be a smaller version of the Sentinel Enforcer.
I dunno, but probably not. After all, Sentinel Enforcers are used to contain large Flood outbreaks, which is why we never see them again after Quarantine Zone.
The radio says "SOS ZETA HALO" in morse code.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2