Game Stop Code Question

OP Accio Beer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I picked up my XSeX this morning at Game Stop but my receipt doesn't seem to have a code on it to redeem for the Infinite Game Stop armor. I paid the system in full when I preordered it a couple weeks ago. Where do I get it? I called Game Stop and they had no idea.
Accio Beer wrote:
I picked up my XSeX this morning at Game Stop but my receipt doesn't seem to have a code on it to redeem for the Infinite Game Stop armor. I paid the system in full when I preordered it a couple weeks ago. Where do I get it? I called Game Stop and they had no idea.
I went to the store today to get an Xbox or Halo item. I walked out with some Xbox merchandise with no code on my receipt. They didn't even know what I was talking about. Im saving my receipt.
Quite a few posts regarding multiple locations not knowing about the promotion. Maybe someone on Twitter can hit up Some of 343i and let them know that the retailers have no idea about the promotion. Seems kind of odd that it would be brought up for the community update to only fall flat on its face when the time has come for it to launch...smh poor 343i can’t catch a break.
The promotion between 343 and Gamestop would have been negotiated at higher levels of Gamestop management. It's not like 343 would have contacted each Gamestop store about the promotion; that would be up to Gamestop to distribute memos about the promotion to their retail spots across the country. We'll simply have to wait for Gamestop to figure things out, so hold onto your receipts and be patient. People who have yet to go to Gamestop to try and get the skin should call ahead to see if their local Gamestop is aware of the promotion and participating.
Chimera30 wrote:
The promotion between 343 and Gamestop would have been negotiated at higher levels of Gamestop management. It's not like 343 would have contacted each Gamestop store about the promotion; that would be up to Gamestop to distribute memos about the promotion to their retail spots across the country. We'll simply have to wait for Gamestop to figure things out, so hold onto your receipts and be patient. People who have yet to go to Gamestop to try and get the skin should call ahead to see if their local Gamestop is aware of the promotion and participating.
Still wouldn’t hurt for someone from 343i to get on the horn with GameStop since it’s their product they’re marketing that isn’t being marketed currently...per the update Unyshek gave. People won’t necessarily differentiate ‘the fault’ given all the bad criticism surrounding 343i currently.
Chimera30 wrote:
Still wouldn’t hurt for someone from 343i to get on the horn with GameStop since it’s their product they’re marketing that isn’t being marketed currently...per the update Unyshek gave. People won’t necessarily differentiate ‘the fault’ given all the bad criticism surrounding 343i currently.
Then those we can educate those people on how things work in the real world so they don't falsely assign blame and get egg on their face.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Then those we can educate those people on how things work in the real world so they don't falsely assign blame and get egg on their face.
Which would be a good enough reason for 343i marketing to address it to GameStop before there’s enough eggs to make an omelet...kind of like the armor coating fiasco. Wasn’t necessarily placing blame on one side or the other but Halo is a product of 343i and if it’s not being marketed properly I’m sure they’d like to know about it.
I also picked up a Series X today and didn’t get a code. The better question would be did anyone get the red shift code? And, if so, what did they buy? As a former GameStop employee (laid off during the pandemic) I can tell you that even if the employees knew about the promo, if the code didn’t print there is very little they can do. You can return the item and try again but it’s unlikely it’s a one-off error and more likely a systemic problem. At best you could purchase and then return various items until you find one that prints the code. Occasionally, but rarely, they will put a sku in the system that will print just a code at no cost. (This is the type of scenario they would do this for. A major error with a large IP promotion.) Best advice would be to keep receipts and wait. I talked to customer service this afternoon and they seemed to think purchasing something other than a console would work. I don’t buy that solution but Cyberpunk does release before the promotion ends so we’ll see!
Accio Beer wrote:
I posted on Twitter about it and tagged Halo, Halo Support, Unyshek, GameStop, GameStop Customer Service, and GameStop Corporate. I’ll update here if I get any response.
Accio Beer wrote:
I posted on Twitter about it and tagged Halo, Halo Support, Unyshek, GameStop, GameStop Customer Service, and GameStop Corporate. I’ll update here if I get any response.
thats the spirit! i don't have social media so I'm pretty much useless in this type of scenario lol.
Accio Beer wrote:
That's two I owe you.
No response from anyone yet. It’s just frustrating that everything that has to do with Halo Infinite or its associated promotions is such a problem or big secret. There’s no clear information on how to obtain anything, or what anything unlocks, unless it is specifically stated somewhere in the fine print. Someone somewhere is consistently dropping the ball with this stuff and it sucks. More negative stuff piled onto already negative stuff. Not a good look.
Ditto; I want the skin, yet I don’t want to buy something for no code to print. My father and I both bought some stuff as of yesterday with our new set up and no codes. Hell my
dad even got Valhalla and he didn’t get anything as of yet.
No response from anyone yet. It’s just frustrating that everything that has to do with Halo Infinite or its associated promotions is such a problem or big secret. There’s no clear information on how to obtain anything, or what anything unlocks, unless it is specifically stated somewhere in the fine print. Someone somewhere is consistently dropping the ball with this stuff and it sucks. More negative stuff piled onto already negative stuff. Not a good look.
There's no mention of this promotion anywhere on GameStop's website which makes no sense to me. I'm in quite a dilemma. On one end, I despise GameStop with a burning passion as they've failed me many times, one example being that I pre-ordered Halo 5: Guardians a month before its release and received the game 3 days after it launched, defeating the purpose of a pre-order. However, on the other end, Red Shift is the only coating I'd ever use as it has my favorite colors on it while also being an exclusive (at least I imagine it is and not what happened with Halo 5: Guardians' pre-order bonuses being unlockable in the game) coating. It seems like the best pre-order bonuses come from GameStop which always has me coming back to them no matter what I do to prevent myself from shopping there.

Since this promotion lasts until December, I would suggest holding off on buying anything Halo-related from GameStop until they finally mention how these Red Shift codes work. I was tempted to purchase something off their website to see if the code will be sent to my email but I don't want to risk not receiving anything as it's clear people purchasing Halo-related stuff in-person don't receive a code on their receipt, which I'd imagine is the same case for online purchases.
pavvvz wrote:
There's no mention of this promotion anywhere on GameStop's website which makes no sense to me. I'm in quite a dilemma. On one end, I despise GameStop with a burning passion as they've failed me many times, one example being that I pre-ordered Halo 5: Guardians a month before its release and received the game 3 days after it launched, defeating the purpose of a pre-order. However, on the other end, Red Shift is the only coating I'd ever use as it has my favorite colors on it while also being an exclusive (at least I imagine it is and not what happened with Halo 5: Guardians' pre-order bonuses being unlockable in the game) coating. It seems like the best pre-order bonuses come from GameStop which always has me coming back to them no matter what I do to prevent myself from shopping there.

Since this promotion lasts until December, I would suggest holding off on buying anything Halo-related from GameStop until they finally mention how these Red Shift codes work. I was tempted to purchase something off their website to see if the code will be sent to my email but I don't want to risk not receiving anything as it's clear people purchasing Halo-related stuff in-person don't receive a code on their receipt, which I'd imagine is the same case for online purchases.
Unyshek responded to my post on Twitter with some information. I’ve copied and pasted the entire exchange below. Waiting on another response.

Me - None of my local @GameStop stores know anything about this @Halo promotion going on. Was it delayed? @GameStopHelp @gamestopcorp @Halosupport

Adding @Unyshek since he wrote about it in the last community update.

Can I get any assistance with this? @Halo @HaloSupport @Unyshek @GameStop @GameStopHelp @gamestopcorp

Unyshek - Hey Mario! I checked with our team and the promotion is still on. Could you check with your local store(s) again?

Me - Thank you for the response. You mentioned in the last community update that you would talk more about this promotion in the following one. Is that still going to happen? Can you clarify what items need to be purchased in order for a redeemable code to be generated?

I called my 4 local GameStops here in NJ again today and they still have not heard anything about it. It’s really frustrating.

There is a post on the Halo Infinite forum on Waypoint regarding this, that is what prompted me to post here.
pavvvz wrote:

Unyshek responded to my post on Twitter with some information. I’ve copied and pasted the entire exchange below. Waiting on another response.

Me - None of my local @GameStop stores know anything about this @Halo promotion going on. Was it delayed? @GameStopHelp @gamestopcorp @Halosupport

Can I get any assistance with this? @Halo @HaloSupport @Unyshek @GameStop @GameStopHelp @gamestopcorp

Unyshek - Hey Mario! I checked with our team and the promotion is still on. Could you check with your local store(s) again?

Me - Thank you for the response. You mentioned in the last community update that you would talk more about this promotion in the following one. Is that still going to happen? Can you clarify what items need to be purchased in order for a redeemable code to be generated?

I called my 4 local GameStops here in NJ again today and they still have not heard anything about it. It’s really frustrating.

There is a post on the Halo Infinite forum on Waypoint regarding this, that is what prompted me to post here
I’m hoping you can get some more information out this! As bad as it is, I’m happy I’m not the only one confused here!
pavvvz wrote:

There is a post on the Halo Infinite forum on Waypoint regarding this, that is what prompted me to post here
I’m hoping you can get some more information out this! As bad as it is, I’m happy I’m not the only one confused here!
We’ll see what happens. Fingers crossed!
I hope your issue gets resolved. It would be a shame to miss out on that armor.
I'm not all the worried about it if I do miss out, but its the principle that I'm supposed to get it, and its kind of alarming these huge companies (Game Stop, Microsoft) have this partnership and seemingly no one is even aware of it. I don't understand how that's possible (or acceptable.)
My buddy just sent me a weekly add from GameStop showing the skin and some halo collectibles near it. Oddly enough I didn’t receive this email and I get
overloaded with email from them lol. I’m attempting to try and put the pictures in here lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6