Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Gameplay - Multiplayer

OP CruX M85

Hey, I wanna use this thread to share my thoughts and ideas for Halo6 multiplayer.

I am not Looking fforward to discuss if sprint is necessary or not.

343i added Mythic Arena as a featured Playlist in Halo 5 (Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena) and after playling it for a while it felt kinda good.

It is much more fun than the actual Halo 5 meta.

• Classic BR start
  • No Radar
  • smaller maps
  • classic gametypes
  • no sprint but increased movement speed and thrusters
etc. (check out the link)

I definitly can see Halo 6 beeing like that. It combines modern and classic Halo. Most People are playing Reach atm but you should check it out and tell me your thoughts.

You dont agree? That´s fine!

I would like to see a Halo 6 like this.

What do you think?
I think Mythic is fine conceptually, though I am 100% certain it will not fulfill the goal of pleasing everyone. Removing abilities would only seem like something is missing for those that love h5 systems and having any form of ability detracts from the classic feel.

My main issue with mythic (not really an issue with its halo 6 potential) is that it uses the H5 sandbox which does not really mesh with the more classic movement style. Obviously 6 would have them both developed together so it becomes irrelevant lol
CruX M85 wrote:
Hey, I wanna use this thread to share my thoughts and ideas for Halo6 multiplayer.

I am not Looking fforward to discuss if sprint is necessary or not.343i added Mythic Arena as a featured Playlist in Halo 5 (Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena) and after playling it for a while it felt kinda good.

• Classic BR start
  • No Radar
  • smaller maps
  • classic gametypes

I definitly can see Halo 6 beeing like that. It combines modern and classic Halo. Most People are playing Reach atm but you should check it out and tell me your thoughts.

What do you think?
i agree..

I think Mythic is fine conceptually, though I am 100% certain it will not fulfill the goal of pleasing everyone. Removing abilities would only seem like something is missing for those that love h5 systems and having any form of ability detracts from the classic feel.

My main issue with mythic (not really an issue with its halo 6 potential) is that it uses the H5 sandbox which does not really mesh with the more classic movement style. Obviously 6 would have them both developed together so it becomes irrelevant lol
Not even everyone likes halo. Many have abandoned Halo because they have not been keen on modern gameplay. I think we can give everyone what they like doing this way:

1. Create a unique core gameplay for all modes. We Take Mythic Arena for example:

- no sprint
- 120% jump height
- 110% jump gravity
- 110% strafe accelleration
etc..

2. Adjust the sandbox:
Some weapons need a nerf. Needler, boltshot, etc..

3. Make two big areas:
- Arena: As Mythic Arena. These settings would also be used for HCS tournaments.
- Social: Some abilities are added without altering the game physics settings, so always no sprint. I think i would love fiesta mode with armor abilities, or even super abilities like destiny.
LuKr4SH wrote:
CruX M85 wrote:

I am not Looking fforward to discuss if sprint is necessary or not.343i added Mythic Arena as a featured Playlist in Halo 5 (Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mythic-arena) and after playling it for a while it felt kinda good.

• Classic BR start
  • No Radar
  • smaller maps
  • classic gametypes

What do you think?
i agree..

Not even everyone likes halo. Many have abandoned Halo because they have not been keen on modern gameplay. I think we can give everyone what they like doing this way:

1. Create a unique core gameplay for all modes. We Take Mythic Arena for example:

- no sprint
- 120% jump height
- 110% jump gravity
- 110% strafe accelleration
etc..

2. Adjust the sandbox:
Some weapons need a nerf. Needler, boltshot, etc..

3. Make two big areas:
- Arena: As Mythic Arena. These settings would also be used for HCS tournaments.
- Social: Some abilities are added without altering the game physics settings, so always no sprint. I think i would love fiesta mode with armor abilities, or even super abilities like destiny.
I agree.

Social Playlists are aboutt fun and creating funny/crazy memories. Armor abilities will help a lot to mess around in social Playlists. The idea of a core gamestyle like Mythic Arena from Halo 5 gives me hope! I´ve never had so much fun in a current halo!
As far as the gameplay mechanics go I really like it though I would also re-add clamber and I'm not sure if the three hit beatdown is necessary. Other than that it's pretty much what I hope Infinite will be.
As far as the gameplay mechanics go I really like it though I would also re-add clamber and I'm not sure if the three hit beatdown is necessary. Other than that it's pretty much what I hope Infinite will be.
True, the beatdown System feels odd but I'm not sure abbout clamber.

I discovered some good old crouch-jumps on the mythic Arena Maps and I could use them to surprise others, it felt special
Clamber is another tool to run away quickly from critical situations, expecially in maps as Vengeance.. no imho i would take thruster pack only and 100% melee.
LuKr4SH wrote:
Clamber is another tool to run away quickly from critical situations, expecially in maps as Vengeance.. no imho i would take thruster pack only and 100% melee.
If it did have clamber the maps would be built differently. I wouldn't want them to add clamber as is because the maps aren't designed around it.