Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Gameplay - Which Game Should Infinite Be Most Like

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Level design, artstyle, sound design, story, game modes, etc, etc. All that aside; which game would you most like Halo: Infinite to resemble strictly in terms of gameplay?
(I.e. Gunplay, movement options, weapon options, equipment options, etc.)

• Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Other (Non-Halo Title)
And why?
How about Halo Infinite is its own game. If I want to play a game like those listed I have every one of them. I just want a good Halo game with blood, gore and grit, bad -Yoink- marines, playable elites, 20v20 or 40v40 btb, quick paced play and an explorable world with great visuals.

In terms of gameplay alone, Titanfall or Titanfall 2, the fast movement and traversal of the maps was a lot of fun.

Edit = Spartans run very fast, no Halo title give you that feeling imo, they all feel slow, especially Halo 3. Titanfall is the opposite, you're moving fast and it feels fast.
Doom Eternal.
i would go with more of halo 2 and 3. i have my own opinion regarding of what type of story it can be and whats its ending can be like. i want the story to be like of avenger infinity war. just imagine the scene at the moment: cortana is having a upper hand over all the alliances in the universe,during the whole game. unsc is loosing badly . the ending ,though, can be different. like chief finally finds a way to stop cortana and the game ends. in the post credit scene, the unveiling of another threat i.e the flood for the next installment. let me know if you guys agree.
Snockooz wrote:
Doom Eternal.
You know what? That sounds like a silly answer, but it could be a bloody good one with a decent explanation.

eviltedi wrote:
How about Halo Infinite is its own game. If I want to play a game like those listed I have every one of them.
The question was "Which game should Infinite be most like?" Not "Which game should Infinite be like?"

eviltedi wrote:
In terms of gameplay alone, Titanfall or Titanfall 2, the fast movement and traversal of the maps was a lot of fun.
Edit = Spartans run very fast, no Halo title give you that feeling imo, they all feel slow, especially Halo 3. Titanfall is the opposite, you're moving fast and it feels fast.
Personally, I don't enjoy Titanfall at all. And after Halo 5 (which I still enjoyed but not to the extent of all preceding Halo titles), I'd rather leave this whole "enhanced ability" era behind.
While gameplay does not equal canon, I'd like to point something out. Spartans (at lease Spartan-IIs) actually have a slowed-down perception of time. This is half the reason their reflexes are as fast as they are, and it's a concrete explanation for movement, vehicle speed and projectile speed across the Halo Trilogy. Canonically, these things are moving much faster, but as a Spartan-II, they appear slower to allow more time to react.
Assuming the game takes place (almost entirely) on a Halo, I feel the obvious choice should be to lean on Halo CE the most. Less scripted events, more freeroaming (with or without open world, I don't care), various climate regions, etc.
Infinite should be like Infinite.
Why? Because it should be its own game in its own right. If it's a spiritual reboot then let it be a reboot based on larger environments, contemporary gameplay and in game suit technology.

Wild guess but if the Chief is to start the game rocking an old school suit to avoid corruption by Evil Cortana, then this in effect might not give him any of the abilities of the more modern suits which the player might encounter later on in the game as a friend or foe. Can the Chief upgrade his suit thereby changing gameplay or reponse times? Only time will tell.

Whatever direction 343 decide to go with Halo will be fine with me. I'm not going to buy Infinite straight away anyway. And finally I hope 343 have invested more personnel in AI this time round if Infinite is to be a "living breathing world".
I think it should take the best parts of all the games, but ultimately blend them into something new, and do things older Halos couldn't.
Even though H3 was my favorite, I'd still say H5 with the movement toned down a bit. Like remove sprint but keep thruster. I also would really like them to add headshot bonuses on shielded targets. So many of my PC friends literally refuse to play Reach with me just because of the lack of headshot bonuses on shielded targets. They like everything about Halo but that.

One thing I liked about H5 was the push to make the AR a more skillful and precise weapon rather than a spray and pray gun like it used to be. I hope they continue this trend and focus more on rewarding well placed shots.
the whole h2 system with thruster pack
I'd say it should play like Halo:Infinite. As much as we all adore the "classic Halo" vs "Modern Halo" categorization, each Halo game, with the exception of ODST, has had a destinctly unique feel. As long as it doesn't stray to far from the core Halo formula and is, you know, fun, I'm good with anything really.
Snockooz wrote:
Doom Eternal.
You now what? That sounds like a silly answer, but it could be a bloody good one with a decent explanation.

eviltedi wrote:
How about Halo Infinite is its own game. If I want to play a game like those listed I have every one of them.
The question was "Which game should Infinite be most like?" Not "Which game should Infinite be like?"

eviltedi wrote:
Personally, I don't enjoy Titanfall at all. And after Halo 5 (which I still enjoyed but not to the extent of all preceding Halo titles), I'd rather leave this whole "enhanced ability" era behind.
While gameplay does not equal canon, I'd like to point something out. Spartans (at lease Spartan-IIs) actually have a slowed-down perception of time. This is half the reason their reflexes are as fast as they are, and a concrete explanation for movement, vehicle speed and projectile speed across the Halo Trilogy. Canonically, these things are moving much faster, but as a Spartan-II, they appear slower to allow more time to react.
Most like or be most like is splitting hairs imo. Halo Infinite does not need to be like or most like any of them for me. As stated I just want a good Halo game with blood, gore and grit, bad -Yoink- marines, playable elites, 20v20 or 40v40 btb, quick paced play and an explorable world with great visuals.
I'd say a combo of Halo CE, 2, and 3.
L30N 1337 wrote:
great idea.

But,
if you mean halo 5 thruster: No, it felt too clunky and cheaty. plus it kinda sucked, it never saved my sorry -Yoink-.

if you mean reach: nevermind the above!
Halo 2 (Anniversary) 👌🏻
eviltedi wrote:
Snockooz wrote:
Doom Eternal.
You know what? That sounds like a silly answer, but it could be a bloody good one with a decent explanation.

eviltedi wrote:

eviltedi wrote:
While gameplay does not equal canon, I'd like to point something out. Spartans (at lease Spartan-IIs) actually have a slowed-down perception of time. This is half the reason their reflexes are as fast as they are, and a concrete explanation for movement, vehicle speed and projectile speed across the Halo Trilogy. Canonically, these things are moving much faster, but as a Spartan-II, they appear slower to allow more time to react.
Most like or be most like is splitting hairs imo.
I'm sorry, but if you honestly believe that then you don't know anything about the English language. Out of a sofa, a horse and an orange, a banana is most like the orange. Does that mean the banana is like the orange? If you know how our language works then you'd know it's not "splitting hairs" at all.

MetasLance wrote:
Even though H3 was my favorite, I'd still say H5 with the movement toned down a bit. Like remove sprint but keep thruster. I also would really like them to add headshot bonuses on shielded targets. So many of my PC friends literally refuse to play Reach with me just because of the lack of headshot bonuses on shielded targets. They like everything about Halo but that.
This is exactly the problem 343i and Bungie have been making since the release of Halo: Reach. Across Halo: Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5, 343i have been trying to please non-Halo fans, which has only served to alienate the actual fan base. A major aspect of Halo's gameplay is about finding ways to eliminate the energy shields covering an Elite or Spartan before popping them in the head or taking them down in another fashion. Adding headshot bonuses to shielded opponents would make the game fundamentally non-Halo. Apologies, but I can't agree with you at all.
Halo 5

Why: It possesses vastly better game-play IMO.
L30N 1337 wrote:
great idea.

But,
if you mean halo 5 thruster: No, it felt too clunky and cheaty. plus it kinda sucked, it never saved my sorry -Yoink-.

reach never had thruster pack. h5 system added a new whole level of 1v1 which was awesome
L30N 1337 wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
great idea.

But,

reach never had thruster pack. h5 system added a new whole level of 1v1 which was awesome
I think he might be thinking of the Halo 4 thruster pack which was a neat prototype to the system we got in Halo 5. The Halo 5 thrusters are love and I'd certainly hope 343 bring them back for Halo:Infinite.
L30N 1337 wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
great idea.

But,

I think he might be thinking of the Halo 4 thruster pack which was a neat prototype to the system we got in Halo 5. The Halo 5 thrusters are love and I'd certainly hope 343 bring them back for Halo:Infinite.
i meant the jet-pack. i call it the thruster pack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3