Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Get events to scale down depending on # of players

OP Leos Nuts

Don't pull a Destiny and make everything that is worthwhile locked behind some garbage LFG app or 'official' forum. Matchmaking should be IN-GAME and accessible to the people who just want to matchmake

Destiny failed because they took the "multiplayer" aspect of an MMO and drove it home to the point where you can't do 90% of activities, or get anything worthwhile, unless you spend an average of 20-45 minutes using an external app to look for strangers to play with.

(literally the level designs are so unnecessarily complicated that players PAY players to play for them in order to unlock the most menial items or ranks)

(if there are raids) Avoid 8 hour raids. I have no idea why people think raids need to be 8 hours long to be good. They don't. If you can't figure out how to make a raid enjoyable and memorable without making it 8 hours long and impossible to do alone then DONT use a raid system.

Yes Destiny gave me PTSD that game SUCKED
Destiny & Halo are two very different genres of games. Whilst yes they are both FPS games Destiny is a Looter Shooter and Halo is a Arena Shooter.

Looter shooters are founded on having players find new gear and level up through finding newer and higher powered weapons & armour. Raids are for MMO’s and Looter Shooters not Competitive Arena Shooters...

I’m very confident in saying Halo Infinite will not have any raids. As for any complicated levels that you require help with...once again this isn’t Destiny. You likely won’t be seeing PvE missions dropping each season in Halo Infinite to players to unlock items.

Halo Infinite’s season will more than likely be very close to how they work in Halo MCC. You gain XP by playing the game and unlock rewards by levelling up and completing challenges similar to Halo Reach.

I understand where your concerns are coming from but Halo Infinite & Destiny are very different games and the rules & systems of the games design and grind for players are very different too.
I always make the recommendation of make friends and Play with them.

But destiny and Halo are two different games that offer two completely different experiences. Not sure what made you brought this up since Halo won’t have this mmo esk feel to it
The closest Halo could ever get to Destiny is having multiplayer PvE missions and modes, like Firefight or Spartan Ops. Other than that, I don't think Halo would ever step fully into the realm of looter-shooter MMO. Maybe special rewards from specific PvE modes, like a special weapon coating for killing so and so amount of enemies in Firefight or something. They're just not really the same kind of game.
EDIT: I will say that part of me does hope to see more fleshed out PvE aspects to Halo Infinite's multiplayer. Having "raids" for four or six players that play out like a 15/30 minute Spartan Ops mission on steroids would be pretty fun, especially if they were available for solo players because alot of us are lone wolves.
Leos Nuts wrote:
Destiny failed
Well for one, Destiny didn't fail
Quote:
they took the "multiplayer" aspect of an MMO and drove it home to the point where you can't do 90% of activities, or get anything worthwhile
Halo isnt an MMO and we know infinite is not one. You wont need to rely on external matchmaking systems given we know multiplayer will all be matchmade (campaign prob not). At most we would prob see large-scale events. Like, as a player base, completes 5 mil matches or something. I dont like those systems either but its the closest I see Halo doing.
Quote:
(if there are raids) Avoid 8 hour raids. I have no idea why people think raids need to be 8 hours long to be good. They don't. If you can't figure out how to make a raid enjoyable and memorable without making it 8 hours long and impossible to do alone then DONT use a raid system.
There won't be given Halos multiplayer design is still very much Arena based with campaign co-op (no gear system). As for raid, no raid is actually 8 hrs long. That only happens when the people doing it dont know what to do, are under-leveled, under-geared etc. It's not the design of the raid that is the issue (in destinys case anyway).
I always make the recommendation of make friends and Play with them.

But destiny and Halo are two different games that offer two completely different experiences. Not sure what made you brought this up since Halo won’t have this mmo esk feel to it
I hope it won't be too harsh rpg style... the campaign map had an upgrades tab, which I assume will be like suitchips you can find to upgrade your abilities. I really don't want them to do the "your gear level is too low go grind to start the next campaign mission" type thing that seems to have hit a couple franchises. Not saying it's bad, but it doesn't fit in Halo.
Only time will tell what that upgrades tab holds...