Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Give us Forerunners

OP dr3amr1d4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hey guys. I think 343 need to give us some forerunners. I mean some real forerunners. Not like the didact. He wasn't that great in my opinion. I'd like to see missions where we are fighting with some forerunners or (even better) have to explore a huge forerunners city. I just need to see them and interact with them. I played halo since halo ce and the entire franchise is about the forerunners. I think it was cool to keep them a Mysterium but it's time to bring them on. What do you think? Btw bring back guilty spark :)
Forerunnners hype was built up since the first game and when we see them in halo 4... I'm not going to say disappoint but surprised, I like how 343i made the forerunners flawed and bias just like humans. I just wish they would keep the forerunners like a race were all species look up to and would want to become, Where the value of life triumphs over everything else.

TOO MUCH LORE
I have to say I was a bit disappointed. As I said I didn't like the didact. I want to see the arrogant but peaceful forerunners xD btw wouldn't it be cool if you could play as an elite, spartan or forerunner in warzone for example
I too have waited to see some ancient times in Halo universe since the first game. Something like the forerunner - flood war but back then i thought it more like forerunners being ancient humans since it was heavily implied and straightforward told to players face (by quilty spark for one).
Though maybe 343i lore has separated forerunners and ancient humans because we could possibly see a game set in that sort of time period with more variety in enemies being other than the various flood forms.

Though i would still prefer a game with old lore rather than 343i lore, 343i could have a chance to make a game with largely their own type of choices in development given forerunners and ancient times are largely unknown in lore and it would still be another Halo for the microsoft to milk.
I thought they're all dead except for the Didact
Maybe not ;) in halo 5 a forerunner talks about a place called bastion in an audio log. A running Theorie is that this is a place where the last forerunners live.
What if like, Chief stumbles upon a Forerunner graveyard and the flood infects the perfectly preserved bodies? Or we discover remnants of forerunner armor like we see in the Terminal cutscenes? At the very least, redesign the Forerunner Soldiers so we can use them AND elites in multiplayer.
If Forerunners are returning to halo infinite, they should play and react differently from the ones we were giving in halo 4-5. Taking out forerunners is such a chore sometimes, it comes to a point where it's not fun anymore. The last level on Halo 5 was just waved after wave of boring forerunner AI and on legendary they just become bullet sponges. One of the reasons I enjoyed Halo 3 was each firefight was different, and you can engage any way you wanted. I feel that h5 didn't make me feel like I was having fun sort of speak.
Aaand what if halo 6 will be the last title with Master chief and the main story. Wouldn't it be a cool ending if all factions appear? Like forerunners, Spartans and sangheli fight against atriox and prometheans at different places. Like a huge final battle. Idk. I just wanna see those forerunners xD
If Forerunners are returning to halo infinite, they should play and react differently from the ones we were giving in halo 4-5. Taking out forerunners is such a chore sometimes, it comes to a point where it's not fun anymore. The last level on Halo 5 was just waved after wave of boring forerunner AI and on legendary they just become bullet sponges. One of the reasons I enjoyed Halo 3 was each firefight was different, and you can engage any way you wanted. I feel that h5 didn't make me feel like I was having fun sort of speak.
Same here. First I was: yeah cool. New enemies. But now I'm like: oh great, prometheans, let's waste a full mag to take one down, then go for the other 20 -.-
dr3amr1d4 wrote:
Aaand what if halo 6 will be the last title with Master chief and the main story. Wouldn't it be a cool ending if all factions appear? Like forerunners, Spartans and sangheli fight against atriox and prometheans at different places. Like a huge final battle. Idk. I just wanna see those forerunners xD
Don't think it will be the last title with Master Chief, 343i hasn't even establish a new hero to replace the legend. Sure Forerunners are cool and all, but my money is where the flood is. Till this day, reading up some lore on the flood still gives chills!
I don't mind Prometheans, but nerf them a CRAP ton. Also less (but still some) floaty bits. And then yeah, I agree, I'd like to see some ACTUAL Forerunners. Like, maybe this installation is the one that have some of the preserved Forerunner DNA and so maybe they woke up somehow, or were awoken by the UNSC or Master Chief or Cortana or something.
On the contrary, I think they had a solid villain in the Didact. I am extremely disappointed to have Cortana as a bad guy, regardless of the reasoning behind it. It doesn't fit.
I thought the Ur-Didact made a great villain!
However, he isn't a good representation of the general Forerunners from 343i's lore, be them Warrior, Builder, or Lifeworker caste. He was different due to his many forced mutations attempting to find a cure for the Flood.
And that lovely Forerunner ideal from Bungie's era is still true, just now it's only true of the Lifeworker caste. I think 343i's treatment of the Forerunners has been excellent in developing them into a society as complex as their technology.

But I definitely agree! I would love to see living Forerunners in the game. A scene "discovering" them would truly bring back the awe of discovery from old Halo.
What if like, Chief stumbles upon a Forerunner graveyard and the flood infects the perfectly preserved bodies? Or we discover remnants of forerunner armor like we see in the Terminal cutscenes? At the very least, redesign the Forerunner Soldiers so we can use them AND elites in multiplayer.
I don't see the forerunners keeping their dead preserved.What would be the purpose?
I don't see the forerunners keeping their dead preserved.What would be the purpose?
ummmmmm do they have to have a practical reason? They're the forerunners, they make floating skyscrapers.
I don't mind Prometheans, but nerf them a CRAP ton. Also less (but still some) floaty bits. And then yeah, I agree, I'd like to see some ACTUAL Forerunners. Like, maybe this installation is the one that have some of the preserved Forerunner DNA and so maybe they woke up somehow, or were awoken by the UNSC or Master Chief or Cortana or something.
I honestly Don't understand the "too many floaty bits" argument. It makes no sense. 343 DESIGNED the prometheans, you can't say they did it wrong. What we see now is the ORIGINAL design.

Too many floaty bits? I suppose the Elites have too many mandibles, or the Hunters have too many spikes on their backs.
deldour wrote:
On the contrary, I think they had a solid villain in the Didact. I am extremely disappointed to have Cortana as a bad guy, regardless of the reasoning behind it. It doesn't fit.
I have a feeling 343i is going to pull a fast and furious where the villain (Hobbs) becomes a good guy later on in the series. So I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Didact
Forunners should be dead but who knows I’m a little off on my lore. I would love a huge forunner city to explore though
Forunners should be dead but who knows I’m a little off on my lore. I would love a huge forunner city to explore though
Some left the galaxy for another one.
I honestly Don't understand the "too many floaty bits" argument. It makes no sense. 343 DESIGNED the prometheans, you can't say they did it wrong. What we see now is the ORIGINAL design.

Floating bits are cool, I just wish i understand what these are for? I'm guessing not to just look cool, maybe like a ranking system in the forerunner society? I know master builders don't wear the same suits has warriors
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3