Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Give us Forerunners

OP dr3amr1d4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't mind Prometheans, but nerf them a CRAP ton. Also less (but still some) floaty bits. And then yeah, I agree, I'd like to see some ACTUAL Forerunners. Like, maybe this installation is the one that have some of the preserved Forerunner DNA and so maybe they woke up somehow, or were awoken by the UNSC or Master Chief or Cortana or something.
I honestly Don't understand the "too many floaty bits" argument. It makes no sense. 343 DESIGNED the prometheans, you can't say they did it wrong. What we see now is the ORIGINAL design.

Too many floaty bits? I suppose the Elites have too many mandibles, or the Hunters have too many spikes on their backs.
Well, the Bungie designs for Forerunner tech and things like Sentinals had almost no floaty parts, so whilst the Prometheans’ design is original, it’s nothing like the other Forerunner designs, but they should be sense they’re all technically Forerunner. Plus, Halo’s designs were always somewhat simple, so the new complex ones really don’t fit.
yeah but that's like saying my car should be triangular and made out of sandstone because that's what the Egyptians did.
But that's IRL and isn't the case because technological advancement has led to the current car designs. VS Prometheans which are in a game and (in-gamely speaking) won't technically be any less advanced or effective with less floaty bits.
I don't mind Prometheans, but nerf them a CRAP ton. Also less (but still some) floaty bits. And then yeah, I agree, I'd like to see some ACTUAL Forerunners. Like, maybe this installation is the one that have some of the preserved Forerunner DNA and so maybe they woke up somehow, or were awoken by the UNSC or Master Chief or Cortana or something.
I honestly Don't understand the "too many floaty bits" argument. It makes no sense. 343 DESIGNED the prometheans, you can't say they did it wrong. What we see now is the ORIGINAL design.

Too many floaty bits? I suppose the Elites have too many mandibles, or the Hunters have too many spikes on their backs.
Well, the Bungie designs for Forerunner tech and things like Sentinals had almost no floaty parts, so whilst the Prometheans’ design is original, it’s nothing like the other Forerunner designs, but they should be sense they’re all technically Forerunner. Plus, Halo’s designs were always somewhat simple, so the new complex ones really don’t fit.
yeah but that's like saying my car should be triangular and made out of sandstone because that's what the Egyptians did.
But that's IRL and isn't the case because technological advancement has led to the current car designs. VS Prometheans which are in a game and (in-gamely speaking) won't technically be any less advanced or effective with less floaty bits.
To the bolded text: as far as we know.

Personally, I agree that they went a little overboard with the "floaty bits," but I always felt that it gave a distinction between the Forerunner factions with the different design language.

I can think of quite a few lore reasons for floaty bits. Lets say the soldier gets damaged, returns from battle, discards his damaged parts and easily replaces them. Or maybe as he's being shot at and spreading his floaty bits apart makes it more likely the bullets miss and pass through (even though we don't see this in game, correct me if I'm wrong).

The prometheans are composed human souls trapped in robotic form. One theme that 343 has been investigating (way more than bungie ever did) is Humanity's role in the universe, and understanding the human soul. trying to comprehend Cortana and if she is really even alive or just an idealized interpretation of Halsey, The Mantle Of Responsibility, Spartans and augmented humans in general. All of which are talking points to discuss humanity's role in the Halo universe. Clearly, 343 is trying to tell us the Human soul is more complex than we think. And yet the Didact has somehow been able to transfer human souls into machines! Surely such a stupid hunk of metal cannot adequately contain the soul of a human? the Librarian herself said "but we found out the composed became fragments of what they once were." FRAGMENTS... Kinda like how the Prometheans are made up of Fragments.

And yet you sit here moaning about how "too many floaty bits is just distracting and doesn't tell a real story"
Sorry, accidentally posted multiple of the same comment again. And this site doesn't let you DELETE POSTS (which should be a given, really). Can someone help me out? If there's a way to delete comments, please TELL ME.
Hi FireboyUltimega.

I think you can ask the forum modrators to help with that. They are called monitors on these forums.
eviltedi wrote:
Sorry, accidentally posted multiple of the same comment again. And this site doesn't let you DELETE POSTS (which should be a given, really). Can someone help me out? If there's a way to delete comments, please TELL ME.
Hi FireboyUltimega.

I think you can ask the forum modrators to help with that. They are called monitors on these forums.
How would I contact one?

I can think of quite a few lore reasons for floaty bits. Lets say the soldier gets damaged, returns from battle, discards his damaged parts and easily replaces them. Or maybe as he's being shot at and spreading his floaty bits apart makes it more likely the bullets miss and pass through (even though we don't see this in game, correct me if I'm wrong).

The prometheans are composed human souls trapped in robotic form. One theme that 343 has been investigating (way more than bungie ever did) is Humanity's role in the universe, and understanding the human soul. trying to comprehend Cortana and if she is really even alive or just an idealized interpretation of Halsey, The Mantle Of Responsibility, Spartans and augmented humans in general. All of which are talking points to discuss humanity's role in the Halo universe. Clearly, 343 is trying to tell us the Human soul is more complex than we think. And yet the Didact has somehow been able to transfer human souls into machines! Surely such a stupid hunk of metal cannot adequately contain the soul of a human? the Librarian herself said "but we found out the composed became fragments of what they once were." FRAGMENTS... Kinda like how the Prometheans are made up of Fragments.

And yet you sit here moaning about how "too many floaty bits is just distracting and doesn't tell a real story"
I said LESS, not NO floaty bits. And, if you’ve ever heard of Favyn on YouTube, he explains why lore should never affect artstyle or gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3