Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Good pregame lobbys plz

OP ZillyDaPunk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Make the pregame lobbies like Halo 3 and Reach where you can see who you're going up against and so you can see their stats, fileshare, etc. The Halo 5 lobby was trash. It was also super janky. Pregame lobbies are super important and shouldn't be half baked. Make them cool again.
Happy with some jazzing up... but too many stats just sees people quit before the game even starts.
I was fine with Halo 5’s pregame lobby. As the person above me stated, if people see their level or stats it will just make the person quit the game and now you have one less person on your team.
Also add map voting
Darwi wrote:
Happy with some jazzing up... but too many stats just sees people quit before the game even starts.
Thats not true I love playing with people that are better than me. Its also awesome to show off if you're a God
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I was fine with Halo 5’s pregame lobby. As the person above me stated, if people see their level or stats it will just make the person quit the game and now you have one less person on your team.
People keep saying this,but I didn't saw more or less quitters in H5 compared to previous entries. Maybe it's more true in competitive modes? But than let's find a compromise and give us a decent pre-lobby in social modes at the very least please!
People keep saying this,but I didn't saw more or less quitters in H5 compared to previous entries. Maybe it's more true in competitive modes? But than let's find a compromise and give us a decent pre-lobby in social modes at the very least please!
I never quit in Halo 3 or Reach or 4 or 5 or any Halo game. I think its a silly argument for a non issue. I totally agree my man.
I never quit in Halo 3 or Reach or 4 or 5 or any Halo game. I think its a silly argument for a non issue. I totally agree my man.
I understand where you’re coming from, you may not quit and that’s fine. But people do leave matches very regularly and that’s something we can’t ignore. There needs to be a middle ground.

I’d like to see a better pre game lobby. MCC & Halo 5 weren’t the best.
I’d love to be able to see who’s in the lobby, be able to see their Spartan & some stats. Be able to flex you identity as a player.
A general KDA, the player level etc. Just some general idea of who that player is.

Having too much stat info can put people off from wanting to play against someone who is better.
I really don't remember stat farming being a problem until Reach. Sure people would stat pad in h3, but you wouldn't see people with crazy KDs because the better players would usually be playing ranked.

I think if you have a meaningful ranking system people will be less likely to stat farm.
I think one could argue the overall gaming community has changed a lot since the 360 days. People are way less social, open, and chatty now than they were in H3, when the joys of interacting and making friends with random people over an open mic overrode the single desire to win, which is now much more prevalent in online PvP. The outlook on an opponent's high-ranking pregame stats seems to have shifted from "Wow, that's impressive! I wonder what he can teach me so I can be that good!" to "Oh no, a sweat with no life. I'm definitely not gonna win this one, I won't even bother..."

There was also the more recent issue in Halo Wars 2 where simply showing the name and rank of opponents in the pregame lobby led to such a high amount of quitting that 343 was forced to hide that information. Seeing people's stats is cool and all, but in the long term people just want to play matches they can win, and the pick-and-choose powers they are capable of with such information would only kill the game faster.
When you have a population that’s huge like in COD, you can afford to show certain telling stats like rank or clan tag or even W:L ratios, cause the instant half your team drops out, there’s always more people on standby trying to get in. It could just also be cause COD has better servers, but for now, I’m assuming that like Halos 4 and 5, there’s gonna be a big population drop off after launch, so it’s in everyone’s best interest to limit some of the info you can see in pregame lobby’s to keep things flowing better.

They can still do a lot better than in Halo 5 though. It was literally just the player’s emblems. At least show us their name, emblem, and customized Spartan.
TheDonCJG wrote:
I understand where you’re coming from, you may not quit and that’s fine. But people do leave matches very regularly and that’s something we can’t ignore. There needs to be a middle ground.

I’d like to see a better pre game lobby. MCC & Halo 5 weren’t the best.
I’d love to be able to see who’s in the lobby, be able to see their Spartan & some stats. Be able to flex you identity as a player.
A general KDA, the player level etc. Just some general idea of who that player is.

Having too much stat info can put people off from wanting to play against someone who is better.
Yes I totally agree they should atleast have those stats at the least.
What I would love on the pre-game lobby is a better idea about the skills of my team-mates.

Maybe a little pre-formatted 'bio'... so that, for example, a good sniper could list that they like to snipe... and what their efficiency is with the sniper rifle. Similarly if you are a close quarters type of player, a grenade chucker, lone wolf, support player .. and so on.

And while we are waiting for a match to be set up... how about some sort of aiming practice slash warm up. Maybe some grunts randomly popping up like a shooting alley.
Give me lobbies like Reach and we're golden
Darwi wrote:
Thats not true I love playing with people that are better than me. Its also awesome to show off if you're a God
I'm with you. I like it when I play against Onxy or even Champs. Most of the time I'm holding on by the skin of my teeth... but it's awesome when you somehow manage not to get completely wrecked.

Unfortunately I think we're in the minority. The amount of people quitting would be insane.
Darwi wrote:
What I would love on the pre-game lobby is a better idea about the skills of my team-mates.

Maybe a little pre-formatted 'bio'... so that, for example, a good sniper could list that they like to snipe... and what their efficiency is with the sniper rifle. Similarly if you are a close quarters type of player, a grenade chucker, lone wolf, support player .. and so on.

And while we are waiting for a match to be set up... how about some sort of aiming practice slash warm up. Maybe some grunts randomly popping up like a shooting alley.
Thats a neat idea that I'd love to see in infinite
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3