Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Good pregame lobbys plz

OP ZillyDaPunk

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
When you have a population that’s huge like in COD, you can afford to show certain telling stats like rank or clan tag or even W:L ratios, cause the instant half your team drops out, there’s always more people on standby trying to get in. It could just also be cause COD has better servers, but for now, I’m assuming that like Halos 4 and 5, there’s gonna be a big population drop off after launch, so it’s in everyone’s best interest to limit some of the info you can see in pregame lobby’s to keep things flowing better.

They can still do a lot better than in Halo 5 though. It was literally just the player’s emblems. At least show us their name, emblem, and customized Spartan.
I disagree. I think elimination of stats makes the lobbies janky and boring. I just don't understand why that's a bad thing to have lobbies where you can see some basic information about the people you're playing. If a game from 2007 did it better than a game from 2015 there's a problem in my opinion
I mean I disagree but I see where you're coming from. I don't think people would quit just because someone's a higher rank therefore they're a better player than them because I know many sr152s that are trash.
You should probably have specified that you were talking about XP rank (apologies if you actually did).

You are right. Nobody is going to quit if they see that they are out XP'd.

Skill ranking is another thing. Seeing that the other team has an Onyx or two, with high recent K:D's, is going to set some people (sad individuals that they are) to get their quit on.
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
map voting would be good, but that would make everybody choose one map and if somebody wants a different one, they won't get it.
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
map voting would be good, but that would make everybody choose one map and if somebody wants a different one, they won't get it.
Well itd be a great way to give 343 feedback for what maps are good and what maps are bad. It would fix the bad map rotation.
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
map voting would be good, but that would make everybody choose one map and if somebody wants a different one, they won't get it.
Well itd be a great way to give 343 feedback for what maps are good and what maps are bad. It would fix the bad map rotation.
maybe. it would be good for maybe improving maps? there would be a feedback setting in early versions of the game and you could tell them what could be changed, like infection hiding spots that are broken
Pre- and post-game lobbies are an important part of the experience and I hope to see them make a strong return with Infinite as well.

I don't quite get the argument about not showing rank, since H5 has many emblems that are unlocked only by reaching a certain rank. Since the emblems are the only thing you can see in the pre-game lobby, doesn't that negate the argument? Perhaps the argument is referring to skill ranks like Onyx and Champ, so pardon the misunderstanding if there is one.

Anyway, I agree, OP. H5's pre-game lobbies (and menus in general) are horrid. Seems like no effort was put forth to make it look like it belongs in a multi-million dollar game. You're right, there's something wrong when a game from 2007 does it magnitudes better. Hell, Halo 4's lobbies were sufficiently cool too. They didn't show much info beyond a picture of a Spartan and their XP rank, but it never felt like they lacked anything.

MCC is quite expansive and I don't know how easy it is to implement a universal pre-game lobby with Spartan images and so forth. But, I'd be thrilled if 343i can bring a cooler pre-game lobby to that game too.
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
VETOING, not Voting, unless you like only playing 1 map, because that's what it was in past releases
I feel like vetoing happened nearly every time, just because people like to push buttons, and voting resulted in a lack of variety. Sure, I love blood gulch and longest, but I don't want to play those maps every time.
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
I 1000% agree, i really miss map voting.
Sypriz wrote:
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
I 1000% agree, i really miss map voting.
Yea so that none of us get king of the hill on backwash 😂
Make the pregame lobbies like Halo 3 and Reach where you can see who you're going up against and so you can see their stats, fileshare, etc. The Halo 5 lobby was trash. It was also super janky. Pregame lobbies are super important and shouldn't be half baked. Make them cool again.
Darwi wrote:
Happy with some jazzing up... but too many stats just sees people quit before the game even starts.
I was fine with Halo 5’s pregame lobby. As the person above me stated, if people see their level or stats it will just make the person quit the game and now you have one less person on your team.
People keep saying this,but I didn't saw more or less quitters in H5 compared to previous entries. Maybe it's more true in competitive modes? But than let's find a compromise and give us a decent pre-lobby in social modes at the very least please!
I never quit in Halo 3 or Reach or 4 or 5 or any Halo game. I think its a silly argument for a non issue. I totally agree my man.
@ADE MacBamboo01 it absolutely happened a lot in 3 and Reach. I play a lot of competitive in all Halo's and my friend and I saw it a ton, especially in Doubles. It definitely Is more of a competitive thing and doesn't happen as much in social at all.

Darwi definitely has a point. If too much information is show, some people (not everyone) will just quit out. As I said above, this used to happen to me and my buddy a lot in Halo 3/Reach.

I'm definitely not advocating for Halo 5's pre-game lobby as it is one of the worst ones by a country mile! Some type of happy medium definitely needs to be found.

I'm all for showing more stuff let it be, there Spartans colours/stance, armor choices, favorite weapon, most used weapon, most damage done in a match, highest kill count/assist in a ranked/ social match and so on..... and having a pre-game lobby more along the lines of Halo 3/Reach, but the reason why 343I didn't allow people to look at stats of players before matches was for that very reason as their data showed that, hence why they don't allow it in 5 and I'm fine with that. People can see if your a "God" after the match, just as easy as before. If anything, it's actually better after because after someone just got smacked by you/your team they'll be like "ohhh that's why he/she destroy us, holy crap!!!" And you'll have the best thing ever, Respect!!
TormentHCS wrote:
Also add map voting
Absolutely NOT!!! Map voting was and still is terrible!!! Unless you like playing the same map and game mode over and over and over again!!! If you just want to keep playing BR Lockout, then going to the custom browser or customs and put it up and you can do it all day long. Halo Reach/4 was the worst!!! I never again want to see map voting back. Halo 5 current system or veto is the only way to go and 343I data again shows this. I can pretty much guarantee the current, the veto or something very similar to one of those, will be the system used in Halo Infinite.
tuhin94 wrote:
Pre- and post-game lobbies are an important part of the experience and I hope to see them make a strong return with Infinite as well.

I don't quite get the argument about not showing rank, since H5 has many emblems that are unlocked only by reaching a certain rank. Since the emblems are the only thing you can see in the pre-game lobby, doesn't that negate the argument? Perhaps the argument is referring to skill ranks like Onyx and Champ, so pardon the misunderstanding if there is one.

Anyway, I agree, OP. H5's pre-game lobbies (and menus in general) are horrid. Seems like no effort was put forth to make it look like it belongs in a multi-million dollar game. You're right, there's something wrong when a game from 2007 does it magnitudes better. Hell, Halo 4's lobbies were sufficiently cool too. They didn't show much info beyond a picture of a Spartan and their XP rank, but it never felt like they lacked anything.

MCC is quite expansive and I don't know how easy it is to implement a universal pre-game lobby with Spartan images and so forth. But, I'd be thrilled if 343i can bring a cooler pre-game lobby to that game too.
Dude I totally agree. Just because someone's an sr152 doesn't mean they're god. I know MANY sr152s that are complete garbage. Maybe hide skill ranks but even then I disagree. Halos about learning from other people and getting better at the game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yep. A big no to map voting. Not necessarily against a map veto of some sort... but not actual voting. We'll just play the same couple of maps over and over and over...
I think they should give something like what Apex Legends has: After you load into the match it would show a banner with the spartan, their rank, and a couple of their stats so you know their approximate skill level.
I kind of dislike the idea of pregame lobbies because people can just dodge the match, but if you've already joined in and it shows a banner of some sorts . . . I'm all for it.
I think they should give something like what Apex Legends has: After you load into the match it would show a banner with the spartan, their rank, and a couple of their stats so you know their approximate skill level.
I kind of dislike the idea of pregame lobbies because people can just dodge the match, but if you've already joined in and it shows a banner of some sorts . . . I'm all for it.
I love pregame lobbies cause trashtalking is great.
Make the pregame lobbies like Halo 3 and Reach where you can see who you're going up against and so you can see their stats, fileshare, etc. The Halo 5 lobby was trash. It was also super janky. Pregame lobbies are super important and shouldn't be half baked. Make them cool again.
Maybe Like a Halo 3 Lobby could be awesome!
Cistola wrote:
Make the pregame lobbies like Halo 3 and Reach where you can see who you're going up against and so you can see their stats, fileshare, etc. The Halo 5 lobby was trash. It was also super janky. Pregame lobbies are super important and shouldn't be half baked. Make them cool again.
Maybe Like a Halo 3 Lobby could be awesome!
I miss that main menu. I hope they make the menus good in infinite. They feel super janky in MCC and 5 its nuts that a game from 2007 did it better than a game in 2015 and its something so simple.
Darwi wrote:
Yep. A big no to map voting. Not necessarily against a map veto of some sort... but not actual voting. We'll just play the same couple of maps over and over and over...
From my experience, playing on the same map 2 or more times in a row was pretty rare in Reach and 4, and if it was the same map again it was usually a different gamemode. That is, unless you were the type to back out and re-queue after every match (which I wasn't).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3