Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Grunts in infinite?

OP EVoro77

How will they change?
Grunts probably won't change in a major way in Halo Infinite. In terms of appearance I do believe 343 is going to revert to their older styles back in Bungie's Halo games while adding their own touch to them, but some of their designs for grunts had been repurposed in HW2 for varying roles(Suicide grunts). I'd expect a bit more of a Banished aesthetic as well, with red-black coloring and maybe extra armor.

Other than that, I wouldn't expect them to be anything siginificantly different from their cannon fodder role. Unless we'll be fighting Grunt Goblins at some point..
Likely no prominent changes in terms of gameplay. Probably a change to their design since they're using a new artstyle but who's to say at the moment.
At their core, they'll likely be the same. Short compared to the Chief, a bit cowardly for the most part, and travel in large numbers. But now that they appear to be a big enemy faction among Cortana's organic forces, they might be getting some fancy new vehicles and armor to make them more challenging to fight. Like I wouldn't be surprised to see the Grunt Goblin make its way into Infinite's campaign.
I see no reason for them to change besides the general going back to a more classic art style. I'm sure 343 has learned their lesson when it comes to changing art style *cough* Halo 4 and 5 *cough*

(Though for the record I don't completely hate the new changes they just could've calmed down a bit with putting their own flair on Halo)
The grunt designs are not as prominent as the Elite design.
Well based off the recent toy leaks they look like they're the Halo 4 model with different masks and backpacks.
Prob will be the H5 look with the armor of the Bungie era. Might see some 343 designs with armor, but I doubt it
Hoping for some funny lines when you attack them.
I agree mainly because they are funny
Plus they are pretty cute.
EVoro77 wrote:
Halo without Grunts would be like The Clone Wars without B1 Battle Droids.
EVoro77 wrote:
Halo without Grunts would be like The Clone Wars without B1 Battle Droids.
I know right! Im a big fan of Star wars.