Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

H5 Warzone vs. Reach Invasion

OP WarBagel 117

Which do you prefer and which would you like to see expanded on for Halo Infinite?

Admittedly there's no reason both gametypes couldn't exist in one game. Personally I preferred Invasion, as I like how more of the map opened up as the attacking side completed objectives. Also there was a wider range of objectives in 1 match.

Also I'm making the assumption that we'll have something closer to classic movement in Infinite, which may impact how Invasion is played (hopefully that also includes enemy ai that cares about self preservation and not simply being a bullet sponge).

Thoughts?
I think Invasion is better. Warzone could be good, but it is so glitchy, spawning is terrible, the weapons make it a miserable when you die out of nowhere because of homing shots, and over all, it just isn't fun for hours and hours like Invasion was. I never got tired of Halo: Reach's Invasion. I play one or two Warzone matches and I'm good for a while. Also, the Req system ruins Warzone for me.
Invasion is an awesome gametype, especially Invasion slayer. I don't want REQ's back in Infinite anyway, so I'd say bring back Invasion instead of Warzone.
They can add both but Invasion is way better. Warzone in Infinite was filled with microtransactions.
Invasion!! I want to kill some split jaws again...
Invasion with NPCs,
There I said it, Spartans have Marines and ODST on their side and Elites have Grunts and Jackals on theirs.
Warzone all the way. Thinking it is full of people doing well because they bought packs is a delusion. A trash player with a Helios are still trash.

REQ system without money and with fewer "unique" armors will be ideal.
I'm not the biggest fan of either tbh, and I would be very happy if neither of them appeared in Halo Infinite. However, I have played both and Invasion would get my vote over Warzone.
They are two fairly different game modes. There are aspects that I like in Both. Invasion was also remade in Halo 5, Granted its not the exact same but its close. I'd Say that if you can make it in Halo 5 then you will likely be able to make in Infinite. Warzone could be expanded on in numerous different ways as it already a very different game mode from BTB and Team objectives. Invasion, on the other hand, isn't
Snockooz wrote:
They are two fairly different game modes. There are aspects that I like in Both. Invasion was also remade in Halo 5, Granted its not the exact same but its close. I'd Say that if you can make it in Halo 5 then you will likely be able to make in Infinite. Warzone could be expanded on in numerous different ways as it already a very different game mode from BTB and Team objectives. Invasion, on the other hand, isn't
You can't remake Invasion without the playable Elites. There is no other way to go about it.
Spartans with Covenant weapons and vehicles are not Covenant forces.
Snockooz wrote:
You can't remake Invasion without the playable Elites. There is no other way to go about it.
Spartans with Covenant weapons and vehicles are not Covenant forces.
Hints the reason I said, "it's not the exact same". However, you dont need to add or remove game modes to add playable elites.
Whitedooom wrote:
Warzone all the way. Thinking it is full of people doing well because they bought packs is a delusion. A trash player with a Helios are still trash.REQ system without money and with fewer "unique" armors will be ideal.
Can confirm, because I AM one of the trash players who can be carrying The Answer and lose a 1v1 to an Onyx-tier player with a Magnum, LOL. Buying all the power weapon cards in the world would not help me not suck.

Anyway, on topic to the thread - I would be thrilled to see either Invasion or Warzone return. I doubt we'll get both.
If you don't value the REQ system or the player vs ai element then all warzone is is a more chaotic BTB with worse spawns and map flow.

If invasion was 8vs8 instead of 6vs6 and the mode didn't drag on then it could easily be a BTB gametype.

If there is only x amount of time and effort that can go into multiplayer maps then it's unwise to develop 2 sets of large maps with no crossover, ignore 1 entirely like in 5, or reach a poor compromise like in Reach.

Why have so many BTBesque modes when BTB gets the short end of the stick? Its shown from CE:pc, 2, 3, Reach, 4 and MCC that it's the most or 2nd most popular mode in the game, why split it up or shove it aside?

Invasion has more redeemable qualities i think, but it could easily be within BTB.
Whitedooom wrote:
Warzone all the way. Thinking it is full of people doing well because they bought packs is a delusion. A trash player with a Helios are still trash.REQ system without money and with fewer "unique" armors will be ideal.
Can confirm, because I AM one of the trash players who can be carrying The Answer and lose a 1v1 to an Onyx-tier player with a Magnum, LOL. Buying all the power weapon cards in the world would not help me not suck.

Anyway, on topic to the thread - I would be thrilled to see either Invasion or Warzone return. I doubt we'll get both.
What about invasion with NPCs? I mean they could be disabled if players prefer the Spartans vs Elites format of invasion but I think it would be an interesting prospect. It might make invasion slayer more interesting as capturing the points would bring in an NPC squad instead of weapons.
Heck I saw the strategy was to let the other team capture the points then kill them and grab the loot. So it was best to focus on kills than points in Invasion slayer. now if it brings out a set of Hunters or ODSTs with Rocket Launchers, those points might have some more meaning.
Which do you prefer and which would you like to see expanded on for Halo Infinite?

Admittedly there's no reason both gametypes couldn't exist in one game. Personally I preferred Invasion, as I like how more of the map opened up as the attacking side completed objectives. Also there was a wider range of objectives in 1 match.

Also I'm making the assumption that we'll have something closer to classic movement in Infinite, which may impact how Invasion is played (hopefully that also includes enemy ai that cares about self preservation and not simply being a bullet sponge).

Thoughts?
Both have their own strengths. I personally like both. Invasion was more of a BF Rush style game. Asymmetrical objective based fighting. It could be thrown in with social playlists like BTB and such. I'd love to see it get bigger (more players) and competitive/ranked.
Warzone is more traditional. More like an iteration on BTB. I personally liked it. It felt very tug of war like. I could definitely use some fine tuning and improvements. I think more players could help the dynamic portion of it.

Personally I feel like both would be welcome. They don't really intrude on each other.
I played Invasion all the time back in the Reach days. Play Warzone only from time to time, usually just by myself. It's so buggy and glitchy