Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo 3 Anyversary in Halo Infinite

OP LittleEng1ne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
343 said that Infinite will be main Halo game in 10 years with story dlc's.
What if they realise Halo 3 Aniversary in Halo Infinite in 2022 on H3 15 years Aniversary? With updated campaing and multiplayer based on Infinite's.
I think that's great idea.
i think the idea of anniversary editions are out of the window now that Mcc is out in the wild.
i think the idea of anniversary editions are out of the window now that Mcc is out in the wild.
You don't wanna see Master Chief's armor in 4k with RT and other stuff like updated guns sounds?
You don't wanna see Master Chief's armor in 4k with RT and other stuff like updated guns sounds?
If they did it like Halo 2, then I’m sold.
I think the possibility for H3 Anniversary has sailed. There was a ton of speculation leading up to 2017 on it, particularly as a big update to MCC that would give H3 the Anniversary treatment within it. I'm a bit sad this didn't come to pass; it's a shame that H3 has to be the most graphically antiquated game in the MCC especially after CE and H2 both got great upgrades in their anniversary editions.

But I think it's good to look at the bright side on this one. H3 never needed as much of a facelift as CE and H2 did; aside from some janky facial animations that haven't aged very well, I would say that H3 launched on the 360 as a gorgeous game that overall holds up very well to this day. The implementation of upped resolution and HDR in MCC have greatly benefited it, too. I have no complaints about how H3 looks-- so while I don't know precisely why 343i opted not to do an anniversary edition for it, I can be fully satisfied with the current version of the game present in MCC.

In any case, wirh snickerdoodle's reply, I'm more certain than ever that this isn't something 343i/MS are seriously considering, for better or worse.
Releasing an h3a as part of a three parts removed sequel doesn't make sense. If they were going to add it to an existing game it would make more sense to do it on MCC. They've already stated there are no plans for an H3A, though I personally feel it will be released in the year 3007. If I'm wrong, feel free to contact me in 3008 and I'll apologize.
No
343 couldn't finish their new game with 5 years and piles of money, don't hold your breath on any more remasters.

If you really want to see it "remastered", your best bet is a PC. Mods, RTX, Reshades, re-textures, etc. 343 is going to be too busy trying to "improve" Infinite.
343 couldn't finish their new game with 5 years and piles of money, don't hold your breath on any more remasters.

If you really want to see it "remastered", your best bet is a PC. Mods, RTX, Reshades, re-textures, etc. 343 is going to be too busy trying to "improve" Infinite.
Not sure why you're so salty tbh
Master Chief's armor in 4k with RT? Sure. Updated sound effects? Absolutely not, 343's sound design has been horrid from the start, and continues to be.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
343 probably won't make h3a for a lot of reasons. One is I think they would be worried more people would play h3a over infinite.

Doesn't seem salty to me. The game isn't finished after 5 years. Thats true
If if it's campaign only visual changes like Halo 2A campaign then probably be fine but I think people were mixed with the visual changes but think Halo 3 has aged fine so not in a rush to see Halo 3A. Plus not sure if Halo 3A would sell well. As for multiplayer...I don't think it needs anymore 'Halo 2A' inspired multiplayer for Halo 3.

I'm mainly just hoping all the official maps end up in Infinite at some point. Plus even if Halo 3A does come out........I'd rather it be part of Halo MCC instead of Infinite. Plus the way Infinite is sounding......it sounds like it'll be part of it's own collection for all future new Halo content while MCC would be for older Halo content.
343 said that Infinite will be main Halo game in 10 years with story dlc's.
What if they realise Halo 3 Aniversary in Halo Infinite in 2022 on H3 15 years Aniversary? With updated campaing and multiplayer based on Infinite's.
I think that's great idea.
I think it is a very bad idea.
Seriously, people need to let go of this stuff.
We got the MCC for stuff like this, we don't to celebrate
every 5th/10th/15th/20th anniversary of a Halo game with a remaster/remake of it,
that's not only beyond stupid, it is simply a waste of ressources.

Doesn't seem salty to me. The game isn't finished after 5 years. Thats true
I don't get your point, Cyberpunk 2077 has been in production for about 7 years now,
yet just a minority complained when it got postponed for over half a year because of covid-19 earlier this year.
H3 in the MCC already supports 4K, and ray tracing could probably be added in a patch for the Series X.
Remasters were an attempt to cash in on a tried and true seller. Building off of pre existing code work ad developed assets that had already been sold for high profit. Its thier way to make money without having to to take the risks of developing a new experience from scratch. People like you op need to stop giving them incentive to do this cheapskate -Yoink- by not buying it. Idk about you but I didn't pay $400 for an xbox one for the crap I got. And I'm sure not going to shell out $500 or whatever for next gen if that's how they are gonna play it

"Five years'' I love how people does not count Halo Wars 2, five years ago there wasn't Halo reach and odst on halo mcc, and halo mcc was just a dream for pc gamers.
Im not a fanboy of 343, but neither bungie fanboy.
But you gotta see with perspective.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3