Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Halo 4 variation of mjolnir in Halo Infinite

OP Deaf Snake5595

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
I'm okay with the new armor but after seeing Locke in Gen 2 Hunter armor I don't know that I'll ever like Chief's style as much.

My take on the armor coverage is that trying to think analytically about it, these are huge military contractors spending huge amounts of money designing these armor variants. They probably have minimum specifications from the UNSC for them to even adopt the variant. Therefore it stands to reason if the manufacturer released a variant with less abdominal plating and the UNSC has adopted it, then both parties are satisfied with its abdominal protection, and there are likely design elements in place that may not be apparent but that make up for the ostensible lack of plating.

Also if I'm not mistaken, every main Halo game since H2, has had shield only health display, and armor is practically negligible compared to shielding, as you instantly die after one or two hits (with no shield). H5 brought back a Health bar in addition to the Shield bar, which I'm assuming represents armor health, and even then you die after 3-4 shots. It seems like shield design and strength is the way to go for future Gen armor designs.
I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
It is.

This is the techsuit.
This is chief's Mjolnir.
This is a side-by-side-view of both techsuits' groin region.
This is the side-by-side-view with all the undersuit's seams and edges marked.

It is the crotch armor plating.
It isn't. There is no crotch armor plating.

This will keep on happening for as long as it takes.
Correct.

I would also like to point out (once again) that gen-2 has many designs, you mentioned it yourself by linking an image of the decimator armor. The design in particular that we are focusing on is the armor worn by MC in Halo 5.
Partially correct. You are focussing on that particular armor because you are mistaking his private parts for armor. (There's an innuendo joke hidden somewhere here.) Therefore you try to disregard all other Gen-2 variants - none of which have crotch armor, btw - especially those worn by women, where your mistake is easiest visible.

Notice the existence of armor plating all the way till MC's navel
Actually, I don't. For whatever reason, the chestpiece ends at the solar plexus, then there's an additional strip of armor across the navel. Not "all the way". But keep going.

Now, notice a different part of the external armor where it abruptly ends, let us take the chest piece for example. See, how the armor simply ceases to exist and it creates an edge, a depth than indicates that from this region onwards, there is no external armor, all that remains is the mesh suit that lies beneath the external chassis. Do you know why that is? It is because the external chassis and the internal mesh are 2 different components, worn separately with different thickness. If two objects are placed on top of each other and they don't completely overshadow each other, a "L" shaped edge is formed at the point where the edge of the smaller object meets the surface of the larger object.
Got you so far.

Now, notice the crotch, notice there is not abrupt drop in depth, all there is, is a smooth, streamlined design that indicates that the armor over the crotch is a continuation of the navel plate
No, it's not. At the end of the navel plate is the exact same "L" shaped edge you previously mentioned to be at the edge of the chest piece.

If the crotch were unprotected, as you say, there would be an abrupt "gap" right below the green, navel armor plating to indicate the lack of any plate protection.
There is.

If anything, it is you getting shocked everytime you respond and you pretend as if nothing has happened to save whatever little is left of your face. It is an admirable trait, I admit. I find it very amusing.
Nothing has happened. You post the same false statements and I correct them. There was no change in this process for days.
Celestis wrote:
I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
It is.

This is the techsuit.
This is chief's Mjolnir.
This is a side-by-side-view of both techsuits' groin region.
This is the side-by-side-view with all the undersuit's seams and edges marked.

It is the crotch armor plating.
It isn't. There is no crotch armor plating.

This will keep on happening for as long as it takes.
Correct.

I would also like to point out (once again) that gen-2 has many designs, you mentioned it yourself by linking an image of the decimator armor. The design in particular that we are focusing on is the armor worn by MC in Halo 5.
Partially correct. You are focussing on that particular armor because you are mistaking his private parts for armor. (There's an innuendo joke hidden somewhere here.) Therefore you try to disregard all other Gen-2 variants - none of which have crotch armor, btw - especially those worn by women, where your mistake is easiest visible.

Notice the existence of armor plating all the way till MC's navel
Actually, I don't. For whatever reason, the chestpiece ends at the solar plexus, then there's an additional strip of armor across the navel. Not "all the way". But keep going.

Now, notice a different part of the external armor where it abruptly ends, let us take the chest piece for example. See, how the armor simply ceases to exist and it creates an edge, a depth than indicates that from this region onwards, there is no external armor, all that remains is the mesh suit that lies beneath the external chassis. Do you know why that is? It is because the external chassis and the internal mesh are 2 different components, worn separately with different thickness. If two objects are placed on top of each other and they don't completely overshadow each other, a "L" shaped edge is formed at the point where the edge of the smaller object meets the surface of the larger object.
Got you so far.

Now, notice the crotch, notice there is not abrupt drop in depth, all there is, is a smooth, streamlined design that indicates that the armor over the crotch is a continuation of the navel plate
No, it's not. At the end of the navel plate is the exact same "L" shaped edge you previously mentioned to be at the edge of the chest piece.

If the crotch were unprotected, as you say, there would be an abrupt "gap" right below the green, navel armor plating to indicate the lack of any plate protection.
There is.

If anything, it is you getting shocked everytime you respond and you pretend as if nothing has happened to save whatever little is left of your face. It is an admirable trait, I admit. I find it very amusing.
Nothing has happened. You post the same false statements and I correct them. There was no change in this process for days.
https://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor_(GEN2)#Armor_components

I will copy the statement here, to show you the existence of armor.

Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit. The bodysuit is made of a nonrigid titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. The suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat-resistant material to disperse heat from plasma weapons. Many components of the GEN2's titanium bodysuit are conspicuously fashioned after the shape of human musculature; this was less prominent in previous Mjolnir generations. In fact, each techsuit is custom-made for the Spartan that wears it.[44] Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common.[23][45] Certain fireteams or individual operatives are outfitted with customized techsuits that contain a host of undisclosed improvements or modifications to fit particular mission parameters or operator need.[26] These polymuscle exoskeletons cannot be worn by unaugmented personnel, as many of the techsuit's medical and environmental control systems require invasive access to Spartan cybernetic implants. The techsuit is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time and constitutes the base of Spartans' service uniform, though it provides limited ability enhancement without access to external power. When paired with the compact fusion reactor and shield generators in a Mjolnir cuirass the full capabilities of the techsuit are unlocked. It contains channels and distribution webbing for regenerative energy shielding and the exoskeleton musculature can operate at full power, further increasing the wearer's agility and raw strength.

This armor is what the crotch armor consists of. You have given me the image of the techsuit and the external armor and the padding that provides armored protection is visible. The gen-1 lacks this level of protection. Now, notice the " Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating". Did you notice, good? That is the reason why MC's crotch armor is of the same color pattern as the inner, well armored techsuit. This is why the crotch armor is black and the armor strip, consisting of multiple modules from the solar plexus up to the navel is green. This is why it shares similarities with the inner suit and titanium armor, they are of the same design and color pattern. Also, canonically speaking, the gen-2 techsuit is far superior to the gen-1's so the techsuit alone provides ample protection. A small detail that is irrelevant to the discussion but I thought I should point out anyways. Every thing I needed to say had already been said.

I do apologize for the late response, I was preoccupied with certain matters.
I think that one of the main reasons that I have an issue with the armor is that it looked cool but it did not fit in with the rest of 343's designs. Example: In 343's games elites became really bulky and had a more primal art style just look at the elite officer in the H5 cutscene that intro's Blue Team, spartan's however were changed into a more thin, lightweight armor style. This confuses me because elites were always supposed to be the spartan's equals, the other side of the coin if you will. But now, Jul' Madama goes down in 5 seconds flat despite being an elite zealot in skill when faced with a spartan that none of us have ever seen before except for the H2 anniversary intro cut-scene.
I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit.

[...]This armor is what the crotch armor consists of.
So you have just admitted that the "crotch armor" is actually the undersuit and not the plating. And it only took you - let me have a look - thirteen days.
I must confess, I assumed this would take longer.

Also, canonically speaking, the gen-2 techsuit is far superior to the gen-1's so the techsuit alone provides ample protection. A small detail that is irrelevant to the discussion but I thought I should point out anyways.
So in other words "GEN-1 has a superior design and GEN-2 has superior tech", just like SilentRebel has said all along.
Celestis wrote:
I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit.

[...]This armor is what the crotch armor consists of.
So you have just admitted that the "crotch armor" is actually the undersuit and not the plating. And it only took you - let me have a look - thirteen days.
I must confess, I assumed this would take longer.

Also, canonically speaking, the gen-2 techsuit is far superior to the gen-1's so the techsuit alone provides ample protection. A small detail that is irrelevant to the discussion but I thought I should point out anyways.
So in other words "GEN-1 has a superior design and GEN-2 has superior tech", just like SilentRebel has said all along.
lol, nice work ignoring my actual explanation and twisting my words. Once again, you have demonstrated an astonishing lack of understanding of even the most basic English.

"Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common".

You stitched two of my sentences used in different contexts and claim to have won? I must say, even I didn't anticipate this level of foolishness. The first paragraph is the explanation of the inner armor,as taken from the wiki, and is to be used as a canon proof that the external armor and the internal suit can be of the same color. The next sentence you highlighted are my words, intended to explain that the "armor" which protects the crotch is of the same material as the external armor plating but colored in a similar fashion as the inner armored bodysuit. I would like to draw your attention that the inner armor itself is described as a "thick armored bodysuit" made of titanium which, when combined with the external plating provides more than ample protection for the crotch. Go ahead, twist my words again.

This was my entire paragraph:

"This armor is what the crotch armor consists of. You have given me the image of the techsuit and the external armor and the padding that provides armored protection is visible. The gen-1 lacks this level of protection. Now, notice the " Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating". Did you notice, good? That is the reason why MC's crotch armor is of the same color pattern as the inner, well armored techsuit. This is why the crotch armor is black and the armor strip, consisting of multiple modules from the solar plexus up to the navel is green."

Now, you very conveniently ignored what I wrote after that, to explain what "This armor" in the first statement referred to but of course, expecting a visually impaired individual to understand basic English is too much to hope for, I suppose.

If you would have read my entire first paragraph, I mentioned the Mjolnir "cuirass" in the second last sentence and tied it to the inner techsuit. I, then proceeded to refer to the cuirass as "this armor" in my next paragraph but of course, you ignored it. The Mjolnir cuirass bit was taken straight from the wiki so you can't really counter it.
You stitched two of my sentences used in different contexts and claim to have won?
No. I "trimmed the fat" from your extensive quote to only show the relevant parts.
I also haven't said I've won. Ever. This isn't about anybody winning, this is only about correcting false statements.
The fact that you seem to think otherwise just shows your infantile approach to this topic.

I must say, even I didn't anticipate this level of foolishness.
Neither did I. You literally quote something that directly contradicts your claim, then turn around and pretend it's proof. At this point I must assume brain damage.

The first paragraph is the explanation of the inner armor,as taken from the wiki, and is to be used as a canon proof that the external armor and the internal suit can be of the same color.
I know. I never claimed anything to the contrary.
Actually, I was even the first one to mention this. You should know; you quoted me often enough on this:
Celestis wrote:
Yes. I can see you circling two differently-colored parts of the same morphsuit.
The next sentence you highlighted are my words, intended to explain that the "armor" which protects the crotch is of the same material as the external armor plating but colored in a similar fashion as the inner armored bodysuit.
Wrong. The section never once even refers to the plating beyond describing it being on top of the undersuit. It instead focuses on the design of the techsuit, which you claim is not the crotch armor.

I would like to draw your attention that the inner armor itself is described as a "thick armored bodysuit" made of titanium which, when combined with the external plating provides more than ample protection for the crotch.
Correct. When combined with external plating. Of which there isn't any in the crotch region. The first Spartan Ops cutsene shows the Spartans in the techsuits before and after the external plating is applied. It is clearly visible that no armor was attached to the groin.
On its own, the morphsuit does not offer sufficient protection. If it did, there wouldn't be any need for certain Gen-2-armors to be upgraded with crotch armor. In fact, there wouldn't even be any need for armor plating anywhere on the suit, period.
Also, this wasn't the topic yet again. You claimed the crotch armor isn't the techsuit, then you quote a Wiki article describing the techsuit.

I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
Quote:
Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit. The bodysuit is made of a nonrigid titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. The suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat-resistant material to disperse heat from plasma weapons. Many components of the GEN2's titanium bodysuit are conspicuously fashioned after the shape of human musculature; this was less prominent in previous Mjolnir generations. In fact, each techsuit is custom-made for the Spartan that wears it.[44] Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common.[23][45] Certain fireteams or individual operatives are outfitted with customized techsuits that contain a host of undisclosed improvements or modifications to fit particular mission parameters or operator need.[26] These polymuscle exoskeletons cannot be worn by unaugmented personnel, as many of the techsuit's medical and environmental control systems require invasive access to Spartan cybernetic implants. The techsuit is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time and constitutes the base of Spartans' service uniform, though it provides limited ability enhancement without access to external power. When paired with the compact fusion reactor and shield generators in a Mjolnir cuirass the full capabilities of the techsuit are unlocked. It contains channels and distribution webbing for regenerative energy shielding and the exoskeleton musculature can operate at full power, further increasing the wearer's agility and raw strength.[44]
https://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor_(GEN2)#Armor_components
This armor is what the crotch armor consists of.
Honestly? Yeah, have a Halo 4 Mjolnir armor model for your multiplayer Spartan. I liked it, it was one of only a handful of armor sets I thought 343 designed well.

Actually, being able to customize Master Chief in Infinite, like you can the Doom Slayer in Doom Eternal would be sick. Rock out in Mark IV, Mark V, Mark VI classic, Mark VI modern, Mark V GEN 2, Mark VI GEN 2, or GEN 3. It should be up to you. Just canonize it by saying that GEN 3's modular design is compatible with several components from previous generations. If there are other playable Spartans or Elites in the campaign you could do a similar thing with their armor, but keep it consistent with that character's style. For instance I could see Vale wearing Helioskrill or Wetwork because both of those armor systems were designed with Sangheili technology. But I couldn't see Buck rocking anything that isn't ODST, Helljumper, Nightfall, or Air Assault. (Just examples and speculation, I'm not implying those characters will be in the game, or anyone other than Master Chief will be playable.)
The Mjolnir armor looks good in the Halo 4 and 5 games...in style at least. But the sounds it makes when your moving, jumping or fighting makes it sound like metal plastic. It sometimes makes me cringe while I'm playing.
M0hammed wrote:
I'm okay with the new armor but after seeing Locke in Gen 2 Hunter armor I don't know that I'll ever like Chief's style as much.

My take on the armor coverage is that trying to think analytically about it, these are huge military contractors spending huge amounts of money designing these armor variants. They probably have minimum specifications from the UNSC for them to even adopt the variant. Therefore it stands to reason if the manufacturer released a variant with less abdominal plating and the UNSC has adopted it, then both parties are satisfied with its abdominal protection, and there are likely design elements in place that may not be apparent but that make up for the ostensible lack of plating.

Also if I'm not mistaken, every main Halo game since H2, has had shield only health display, and armor is practically negligible compared to shielding, as you instantly die after one or two hits (with no shield). H5 brought back a Health bar in addition to the Shield bar, which I'm assuming represents armor health, and even then you die after 3-4 shots. It seems like shield design and strength is the way to go for future Gen armor designs.
Spartan Locke's armor looked awesome in the Halo 2 Anniversary Intro Cutscenes. But when you play the Halo 5 game, it looks like it was made of cheap plastic rather than sophisticated military hardware.
Celestis wrote:
You stitched two of my sentences used in different contexts and claim to have won?
No. I "trimmed the fat" from your extensive quote to only show the relevant parts.
I also haven't said I've won. Ever. This isn't about anybody winning, this is only about correcting false statements.
The fact that you seem to think otherwise just shows your infantile approach to this topic.

I must say, even I didn't anticipate this level of foolishness.
Neither did I. You literally quote something that directly contradicts your claim, then turn around and pretend it's proof. At this point I must assume brain damage.

The first paragraph is the explanation of the inner armor,as taken from the wiki, and is to be used as a canon proof that the external armor and the internal suit can be of the same color.
I know. I never claimed anything to the contrary.
Actually, I was even the first one to mention this. You should know; you quoted me often enough on this:
Celestis wrote:
Yes. I can see you circling two differently-colored parts of the same morphsuit.
The next sentence you highlighted are my words, intended to explain that the "armor" which protects the crotch is of the same material as the external armor plating but colored in a similar fashion as the inner armored bodysuit.
Wrong. The section never once even refers to the plating beyond describing it being on top of the undersuit. It instead focuses on the design of the techsuit, which you claim is not the crotch armor.

I would like to draw your attention that the inner armor itself is described as a "thick armored bodysuit" made of titanium which, when combined with the external plating provides more than ample protection for the crotch.
Correct. When combined with external plating. Of which there isn't any in the crotch region. The first Spartan Ops cutsene shows the Spartans in the techsuits before and after the external plating is applied. It is clearly visible that no armor was attached to the groin.
On its own, the morphsuit does not offer sufficient protection. If it did, there wouldn't be any need for certain Gen-2-armors to be upgraded with crotch armor. In fact, there wouldn't even be any need for armor plating anywhere on the suit, period.
Also, this wasn't the topic yet again. You claimed the crotch armor isn't the techsuit, then you quote a Wiki article describing the techsuit.

I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
Quote:
Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit. The bodysuit is made of a nonrigid titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. The suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat-resistant material to disperse heat from plasma weapons. Many components of the GEN2's titanium bodysuit are conspicuously fashioned after the shape of human musculature; this was less prominent in previous Mjolnir generations. In fact, each techsuit is custom-made for the Spartan that wears it.[44] Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common.[23][45] Certain fireteams or individual operatives are outfitted with customized techsuits that contain a host of undisclosed improvements or modifications to fit particular mission parameters or operator need.[26] These polymuscle exoskeletons cannot be worn by unaugmented personnel, as many of the techsuit's medical and environmental control systems require invasive access to Spartan cybernetic implants. The techsuit is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time and constitutes the base of Spartans' service uniform, though it provides limited ability enhancement without access to external power. When paired with the compact fusion reactor and shield generators in a Mjolnir cuirass the full capabilities of the techsuit are unlocked. It contains channels and distribution webbing for regenerative energy shielding and the exoskeleton musculature can operate at full power, further increasing the wearer's agility and raw strength.[44]
https://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor_(GEN2)#Armor_components
This armor is what the crotch armor consists of.
Your refusal to see the blatant proof of crotch armor despite overwhelming evidence is a proof of, what I assume, your brain damage. You jump to the Spartan Ops variation when I have repeatedly pointed out the this discussion is about chief's campaign armor.

" Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating". Did you notice, good? That is the reason why MC's crotch armor is of the same color pattern as the inner, well armored techsuit. This is why the crotch armor is black and the armor strip, consisting of multiple modules from the solar plexus up to the navel is green. This is why it shares similarities with the inner suit and titanium armor, they are of the same design and color pattern.read it please. The crotch armor is of the same color as the external plating and this is why you assume it is not a plating. However the "bump" and the section plating clearly prove that it is infact a part of external plating, melding with it near the abdominal and frontal pelvic region. Why do you refuse to see this simple fact is totally beyond me. I used the techsuit paragraph for a single statement. The one I emboldened previously. The crotch armor plating is of the same color as the inner techsuit, however, due to the reasons mentioned beforehand, we can deduce it is a part of the external plating. The crotch armor/plate is a part of the Mjolnir Cuirass, the outer armor. You keep shifting goalposts to a different variation of the gen-2 armor when it suits your needs. Gen-2 has countless variations with different design patterns. It would make me happy if you were to stick to the design this thread is discussing.
Celestis wrote:
You stitched two of my sentences used in different contexts and claim to have won?
No. I "trimmed the fat" from your extensive quote to only show the relevant parts.
I also haven't said I've won. Ever. This isn't about anybody winning, this is only about correcting false statements.
The fact that you seem to think otherwise just shows your infantile approach to this topic.

I must say, even I didn't anticipate this level of foolishness.
Neither did I. You literally quote something that directly contradicts your claim, then turn around and pretend it's proof. At this point I must assume brain damage.

The first paragraph is the explanation of the inner armor,as taken from the wiki, and is to be used as a canon proof that the external armor and the internal suit can be of the same color.
I know. I never claimed anything to the contrary.
Actually, I was even the first one to mention this. You should know; you quoted me often enough on this:
Celestis wrote:
Yes. I can see you circling two differently-colored parts of the same morphsuit.
The next sentence you highlighted are my words, intended to explain that the "armor" which protects the crotch is of the same material as the external armor plating but colored in a similar fashion as the inner armored bodysuit.
Wrong. The section never once even refers to the plating beyond describing it being on top of the undersuit. It instead focuses on the design of the techsuit, which you claim is not the crotch armor.

I would like to draw your attention that the inner armor itself is described as a "thick armored bodysuit" made of titanium which, when combined with the external plating provides more than ample protection for the crotch.
Correct. When combined with external plating. Of which there isn't any in the crotch region. The first Spartan Ops cutsene shows the Spartans in the techsuits before and after the external plating is applied. It is clearly visible that no armor was attached to the groin.
On its own, the morphsuit does not offer sufficient protection. If it did, there wouldn't be any need for certain Gen-2-armors to be upgraded with crotch armor. In fact, there wouldn't even be any need for armor plating anywhere on the suit, period.
Also, this wasn't the topic yet again. You claimed the crotch armor isn't the techsuit, then you quote a Wiki article describing the techsuit.

I will mention it once again, in the case of Chief's and Fred's armor, the outermost layer of the groin is NOT the techsuit.
Quote:
Titanium nanocomposite bodysuit: Sandwiched between the external armor and the internal padding is a thick armored bodysuit. The bodysuit is made of a nonrigid titanium-based material, making it very strong and yet very flexible. The suit has numerous functions, small but vital to the safety and survival of the wearer. It also serves as another layer of protection against ballistics attacks and is coated with a heat-resistant material to disperse heat from plasma weapons. Many components of the GEN2's titanium bodysuit are conspicuously fashioned after the shape of human musculature; this was less prominent in previous Mjolnir generations. In fact, each techsuit is custom-made for the Spartan that wears it.[44] Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common.[23][45] Certain fireteams or individual operatives are outfitted with customized techsuits that contain a host of undisclosed improvements or modifications to fit particular mission parameters or operator need.[26] These polymuscle exoskeletons cannot be worn by unaugmented personnel, as many of the techsuit's medical and environmental control systems require invasive access to Spartan cybernetic implants. The techsuit is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time and constitutes the base of Spartans' service uniform, though it provides limited ability enhancement without access to external power. When paired with the compact fusion reactor and shield generators in a Mjolnir cuirass the full capabilities of the techsuit are unlocked. It contains channels and distribution webbing for regenerative energy shielding and the exoskeleton musculature can operate at full power, further increasing the wearer's agility and raw strength.[44]
https://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor_(GEN2)#Armor_components
This armor is what the crotch armor consists of.
Your refusal to see the blatant proof of crotch armor despite overwhelming evidence is a proof of, what I assume, your brain damage. You jump to the Spartan Ops variation when I have repeatedly pointed out the this discussion is about chief's campaign armor.

" Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating". Did you notice, good? That is the reason why MC's crotch armor is of the same color pattern as the inner, well armored techsuit. This is why the crotch armor is black and the armor strip, consisting of multiple modules from the solar plexus up to the navel is green. This is why it shares similarities with the inner suit and titanium armor, they are of the same design and color pattern.read it please. The crotch armor is of the same color as the external plating and this is why you assume it is not a plating. However the "bump" and the section plating clearly prove that it is infact a part of external plating, melding with it near the abdominal and frontal pelvic region. Why do you refuse to see this simple fact is totally beyond me. I used the techsuit paragraph for a single statement. The one I emboldened previously. The crotch armor plating is of the same color as the inner techsuit, however, due to the reasons mentioned beforehand, we can deduce it is a part of the external plating. The crotch armor/plate is a part of the Mjolnir Cuirass, the outer armor. You keep shifting goalposts to a different variation of the gen-2 armor when it suits your needs. Gen-2 has countless variations with different design patterns. It would make me happy if you were to stick to the design this thread is discussing.
Why do you continue to infer the existence of the obviously missing crotch armor despite no evidence thereof is beyond me. This has gone on for several pages and its absurd that you insist that nothing is actually something.

The armor plating being the same color would mean absolutely nothing because it's outline would still be plainly visible and the bulge is not armor, it's just a bulge. The armor would never be on the inside of the techsuit because that would ruin the modularity of the armor, it would be much less comfortable, it would restrict movement more because the techsuit would constantly be pulling the crotch armor towards the Spartan's crotch, and it would have to always be on instead of being put on to the outside like the rest of the armor plating.
I know what I am about to say will seem like heresy to a lot of people given how almost everyone I have met prefers the H3 variation of the MARK VI armor but... I don't. I like the Halo 4 variation better, It feels more like military hardware as opposed to the earlier variations that feel very....artificial. The newer variation looks very well designed and it feels as if should the armor be created in reality, It would be closer to the 343 variation rather than Bungie's. I prefer the Halo 4 and 5 design of the MJOLNIR armor and I would prefer that Halo Infinite stuck with it. If not then at the very least they can add some sort of customization menu so that people can select their preferred variation of the MJOLNIR armor. The 343 variation of the MJOLNIR armor looks really good, well, better than the earlier iterations and I don't like the fact that they have reverted to the older artstyle to appease people who simply can't let go of the old art and nostalgia.
What do you people think?
I think I prefer the halo reach customisation as it looked good and gave functional explanations to all armour sets and parts whilst also keeping that feeling of being unique.
Nuss902928 wrote:
The armor plating being the same color would mean absolutely nothing because it's outline would still be plainly visible and the bulge is not armor, it's just a bulge. The armor would never be on the inside of the techsuit because that would ruin the modularity of the armor, it would be much less comfortable, it would restrict movement more because the techsuit would constantly be pulling the crotch armor towards the Spartan's crotch, and it would have to always be on instead of being put on to the outside like the rest of the armor plating.
"the bulge is just the bulge" lol yeah. It just appeared out of nowhere. I never said the armor is inside the techsuit. It is outside the techsuit but shares the same color. You can clearly see the armor blending in with the abdominal plate. I don't see why you guys, in your blind hatred for the new design refuse to acknowledge something that is objectively true.
Nuss902928 wrote:
"the bulge is just the bulge" lol yeah. It just appeared out of nowhere. I never said the armor is inside the techsuit. It is outside the techsuit but shares the same color. You can clearly see the armor blending in with the abdominal plate. I don't see why you guys, in your blind hatred for the new design refuse to acknowledge something that is objectively true.
If anything the bulge is either a thicker piece of the techsuit or you know well...do I need to explain human male anatomy?

Regardless there isn't any armor there, it is beyond obvious and it would make no sense for the nonexistent crotch armor to be the only piece of armor to not be painted, why wouldn't they bother painting it? What is the UNSC trying to cut down on the paint budget?
Your refusal to see the blatant proof of crotch armor despite overwhelming evidence is a proof of, what I assume, your brain damage. You jump to the Spartan Ops variation when I have repeatedly pointed out the this discussion is about chief's campaign armor.
You still haven't shown any proof. In fact, all your sources contradict you.
And why wouldn't they? There is no proof because there is no armor.

Also, once again you dismiss evidence because it doesn't fit your agenda.

" Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating". Did you notice, good?
Yes, I did. I was literally the first one to mention this:
Celestis wrote:
Yes. I can see you circling two differently-colored parts of the same morphsuit.
This is how it looks like.

That is the reason why MC's crotch armor is of the same color pattern as the inner, well armored techsuit. This is why the crotch armor is black and the armor strip, consisting of multiple modules from the solar plexus up to the navel is green. This is why it shares similarities with the inner suit and titanium armor, they are of the same design and color pattern.read it please. The crotch armor is of the same color as the external plating and this is why you assume it is not a plating
That is not what your quote means.
Please read it again, slowly and carefully: "Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating".
That means that some parts of the techsuit may be colored in the same style as the armor plating.
It does not mean that parts of the armor plating may be colored in the same style as the techsuit.
This is a case of the "Affirming the Consequent" fallacy: All poodles are dogs, but not all dogs are poodles.
In case of Chief's armor, if it's green, it could be either plating or bodysuit, but if it's grey/black it's not external armor plating.
Once again, I urge you to learn English before you start using it.

However the "bump" and the section plating clearly prove that it is infact a part of external plating, melding with it near the abdominal and frontal pelvic region.
What "bump"?
Why do you refuse to see this simple fact is totally beyond me.
Easy. I don't hallucinate.
I used the techsuit paragraph for a single statement.
So why did you quote the entire thing? Especially given that it directly contradicts said statement.
Not that this one statement didn't contradict you as well, but why would you shoot yourself multiple times in the foot instead of just once?

You keep shifting goalposts to a different variation of the gen-2 armor when it suits your needs.
I am not shifting any goalposts. The statement from the very beginning was "Mjolnir Gen-2 is less plated than Gen-1, ergo it's not an upgrade but a downgrade." This has not changed.
In response to that you have chosen to focus on showing a nonexistent crotch armor, first in all of Gen-2, then just in Chief's armor, then in the Halo 4 armor until you realized that one is actually Gen-1, then returning back to Chief's Gen-2 as depicted in H5G.
Why you chose this to be the particular hill to die on is baffling to me, because even if you could somehow magically wish some crotch armor into existence, it would still not disprove the statement, as there are plenty other regions on the Mjolnir where plating was removed as well.

Gen-2 has countless variations with different design patterns. It would make me happy if you were to stick to the design this thread is discussing.
According your very own title, this thread is discussing the "Halo 4 variation of mjolnir".
Chief's armor in campaign is a Gen-1 while the Spartan-IV's Gen-2 Mjolnir in multiplayer/Spartan Ops is dismissed by you because it doesn't fit your agenda.
You are the only one here focussing on a design that this thread is not discussing.
I know what I am about to say will seem like heresy to a lot of people given how almost everyone I have met prefers the H3 variation of the MARK VI armor but... I don't. I like the Halo 4 variation better, It feels more like military hardware as opposed to the earlier variations that feel very....artificial. The newer variation looks very well designed and it feels as if should the armor be created in reality, It would be closer to the 343 variation rather than Bungie's. I prefer the Halo 4 and 5 design of the MJOLNIR armor and I would prefer that Halo Infinite stuck with it. If not then at the very least they can add some sort of customization menu so that people can select their preferred variation of the MJOLNIR armor. The 343 variation of the MJOLNIR armor looks really good, well, better than the earlier iterations and I don't like the fact that they have reverted to the older artstyle to appease people who simply can't let go of the old art and nostalgia.
What do you people think?
The halo 4 looks way better imo bc it jus looks like ce except in halo 4 graphics
Celestis wrote:
Also, once again you dismiss evidence because it doesn't fit your agenda.
You dismiss my evidence, have been doing so for the last 6 pages and bring up a totally unrelated variation, claim it as an evidence and expect me to not counter you? I have provided images with the lack of armor plating in the gen-1 variation in the abdominal and back regions. You casually ignored them. You refuse to see the armor plating in the H5 campaign armor variation. You, at multiple occasions brought up MP armors as your "proof" despite me affirming that I am focusing on Chief's armor. I have mentioned this not once, not twice but multiple times througout the course of this.... farce of a conversation.

The "dog-poodle" example doesn't really work here as the sentence explicitly mentions the "sharing" of colors, implying that the techsuit and the external plating can share colors, regardless of which is which. You can twist the meaning of the word but that won't change anything. The "sharing" of colors goes both ways and nowhere in the statement has it been mentioned that the external armor cannot share the techsuit's base color palette.

You feel you are "not hallucinating" but being unable to see something that exists while having a fully functional eye classifies as hallucination.

I would urge you the re-read the entire thread once again, wherein I have mentioned countless times that I am explicitly referring to the Chief's armors. The images I provided and the proofs I gave almost exclusively revolved around the chief's armor. The Halo 4 variation and the Halo 5 variation. We have established for a fact that the H4 variation possess a crotch armor that is quite visible, to which you said it "used" the gen-1 parts. I admitted to it and now we are arguing over the gen-2 armor. I cannot be bothered to quote every comment I made so feel free to read the entire thing.

If anything, you are the one who has chosen to, in your words, "die" on this hill for the design of the gen-2 shows sufficient armored protection. Far better than the Halo 3 gen 1 design. The backside and the abdomen region is exposed and there is NO PLATING for protection, just the techsuit. Nothing in the statement cotradicts anything I have written and why you would assume otherwise is simply baffling to me. At this point, I have no choice but to assume brain damage.

In case you have not noticed, Chief's armor in H5 campaign is a gen-2. The wiki says and I quote
As of 2558, GEN2 armor is standard-issue for nearly all active Spartans, having replaced the Semi-Powered Infiltration armor of the Spartan-IIIs.[9] The remaining active Spartan-IIs, such as those on Blue Team, have since donned GEN2 armor.
I dismissed the Spartan Ops variation because gen-2 have countless variations. Obviously some are going to be better than others, this is in stark contrast to the gen-1 where the armor being discussed shares a similar design philosophy throughout all the deployed models. Multiplayer designs are something I never brought up in this entire discussion, you are the one who keeps bringing them up.

Now, according to my own very title "Halo 4 variation of mjolnir", oh would you look at that, it is far better armored than the old design with better aesthetics to boot. Jeez, I wonder why that is? I gave up arguing the Halo 4 bit and now you come back to it. If this is not goalpost shifting then I don't know what is. Chief's armor in the campaign is an UPGRADED gen 1 that functions similar to gen-2, forgot to add that bit there didn't ya? I would also like to add that the original post never mentions the armor generation, all it did was comment on the aesthetics and "look" of the armor and it was you who brought the whole generation argument with you. Not that it did you any good but please don't forget what it is that you are arguing for.
Taken from the wiki
Quote:
Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating, though completely black bodysuits are still common.
Dont ask me ,ask the UNSC why did they choose to,all of a sudden, cut costs on paintjobs.
You dismiss my evidence, have been doing so for the last 6 pages and bring up a totally unrelated variation, claim it as an evidence and expect me to not counter you?
No, I haven't. In fact, I have incorporated your "evidence" into proof that you are wrong.

Remember, that this picture showing the same undersuit that Chief is wearing with the same groin region as your supposed "crotch armor" was your "evidence".
This source referring to Chief's Halo 4 armor as Gen-1 was your "evidence".
This quote proving that it is the techsuit that is colored in the armor's color, not the other way around, was your "evidence".

You literally disprove yourself at every corner, then accuse me of twisting your words. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

You, at multiple occasions brought up MP armors as your "proof" despite me affirming that I am focusing on Chief's armor. I have mentioned this not once, not twice but multiple times througout the course of this.... farce of a conversation.
See, the reason for that is that neither I nor this thread in general are or even were focusing on Chief's armor, ever. And I will not let you discredit valid proof just because it contradicts your claim.
You are not judge, jury nor executioner here. You are the defendant. You have to defend your claim against proof to the contrary, and it is not your decision which proof is accepted.

The "dog-poodle" example doesn't really work here as the sentence explicitly mentions the "sharing" of colors, implying that the techsuit and the external plating can share colors, regardless of which is which.
It's not the "sharing" part that is the problem. It's the other part of the sentence:
"Some models have portions of the bodysuit share their color with the external armor plating".
It is the bodysuit that is fragmented into different colors. Not the armor.
If it were the other way around, the sentence would have been:
"Some models have portions of the external armor plating share their color with the bodysuit" or "Some models have the bodysuit's color shared with portions of the external armor plating"

You feel you are "not hallucinating" but being unable to see something that exists while having a fully functional eye classifies as hallucination.
No, see, a hallucination is classified according to ICD-10 Code R44.3 as "A sight, sound, smell, taste, or touch that a person believes to be real but is not real. Hallucinations can be caused by nervous system disease, certain drugs, or mental disorders." Seeing crotch armor that isn't there is a hallucination, while not seeing crotch armor that isn't there is called "normal vision".

I would urge you the re-read the entire thread once again, wherein I have mentioned countless times that I am explicitly referring to the Chief's armors.
I know. I just don't care, because this was never the topic of this discussion.

We have established for a fact that the H4 variation possess a crotch armor that is quite visible, to which you said it "used" the gen-1 parts.
No, I haven't. I have said it is a Gen-1 armor. That's a difference.

I cannot be bothered to quote every comment I made so feel free to read the entire thing.
Yes, you can. It is your job to keep your claims consistent. So far you have just been doing that very thing you accuse me of: Shifting your goalpost.
Psychologically, this is referred to as projection. So we already have two symptoms you are suffering of: This and hallucinations. Keep it going and we might end up with a valid diagnosis when this is over.

Nothing in the statement cotradicts anything I have written and why you would assume otherwise is simply baffling to me. At this point, I have no choice but to assume brain damage.
Does parroting me count as a separate symptom or is it just another manifestation of (reverse) projection?
(Now that I remember, you only started to talk about goalposts after if pointed out how you are shifting yours...)

Multiplayer designs are something I never brought up in this entire discussion, you are the one who keeps bringing them up.
Yes. Because this was the initial topic of this thread. It is about the "Halo 4 variation[s] of [the] mjolnir" and since I mentioned Gen-2 from the very beginning it is pretty obvious that these were the ones I'm referring to, as they are the only Gen-2 armor that appears in that game.
Not that it would matter. As you said, Chief's armor in H5G is a Gen-2 as well, and as such it suffers from the same lack of protection in the same areas as the Spartan Ops fireteams.

Now, according to my own very title "Halo 4 variation of mjolnir", oh would you look at that, it is far better armored than the old design with better aesthetics to boot.
No, it's not, and it is butt-ugly on top of that. Not that it matters, plenty of Gen-1 armors were visual pollution as well, but at least they functioned as that what they were designed for: Actual armor.

I gave up arguing the Halo 4 bit and now you come back to it.
Because you mentioned goalpoast shifting, and I showed you your shifting live in action.
If this is not goalpost shifting then I don't know what is.
No. You actually don't know what it is, and you have shown that several times throughout this thread.
Chief's armor in the campaign is an UPGRADED gen 1 that functions similar to gen-2, forgot to add that bit there didn't ya?
No, I didn't forget anything. I mentioned the relevant part of that statement: Namely that it is a Gen-1 armor.
I would also like to add that the original post never mentions the armor generation, all it did was comment on the aesthetics and "look" of the armor and it was you who brought the whole generation argument with you.
Correct. I mentioned how Gen-2 armor is inferior to Gen-1 armor (which includes Chief's Halo 4 suit). This made you butthurt for whatever reason and since then you've tried in vain to disprove this statement.
I do remember the progress of this thread. It is you who "cannot be bothered to quote every comment I made".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8