Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo 5 vs Infinitel

OP MERC DarkBlade

I was a halo 5 fan for so long, I defended the game for its faults with its other promising properties but now, I can’t play the game anymore. I’ve played it so much and so often when ever I pick up the controller I remember how to play, and it could be months maybe a year since I’ve played. The game became lack luster and unfun as I could still easily play. Now that won’t be easily solved for Infinite but here are ideas, if warzone makes a return limit people’s requisitions based upon what they have, I am tired of joining a warzone match just to be grounded out by Helios phaetons and other OP reqs, that anyone can simply buy for like 10-100 dollars. There needs to be limits to what people can use, or increase the required reqs for certain strong tier weapons increasing the need to work harder for it and make load out weapons either available early or right out the gate, its ridiculous that I can use a sniper rifle before a DMR that makes no sense. Halo infinite if has warzone needs a limit, better armor building like Reach and hell even return elites with more armor and maybe specie differences like halo 1-3 elites and 4 and 5 elites, so there is more diversity and maybe even differences in how they function kinda like classes.
Now that won’t be easily solved for Infinite but here are ideas, if warzone makes a return limit people’s requisitions based upon what they have, I am tired of joining a warzone match just to be grounded out by Helios phaetons and other OP reqs, that anyone can simply buy for like 10-100 dollars. There needs to be limits to what people can use, or increase the required reqs for certain strong tier weapons increasing the need to work harder for it.
This sounds like Leninism...

I think that the REQ system needs an overhaul, but not like this.
SBTTLS wrote:
Now that won’t be easily solved for Infinite but here are ideas, if warzone makes a return limit people’s requisitions based upon what they have, I am tired of joining a warzone match just to be grounded out by Helios phaetons and other OP reqs, that anyone can simply buy for like 10-100 dollars. There needs to be limits to what people can use, or increase the required reqs for certain strong tier weapons increasing the need to work harder for it.

"...only when the workers are freed from the bourgeoise of the Pheaton Helios will we finally have a free REQ market for all."

Karl Marx, Das Kapital, page 34

But seriously, the REQ system is fine. Can it be tuned further? Sure. But all told that guy with the Level 8 Pheaton sure will feel salty once I down him with my level 3 Plasma Pistol. Reach-esque classes for Spartan vs Elite combat would be fun in Warzone (or a similar mode), but I'd much rather have 343 focus on polishing up what they have now.
SBTTLS wrote:

"...only when the workers are freed from the bourgeoise of the Pheaton Helios will we finally have a free REQ market for all."

But seriously, the REQ system is fine. Can it be tuned further? Sure. But all told that guy with the Level 8 Pheaton sure will feel salty once I down him with my level 3 Plasma Pistol. Reach-esque classes for Spartan vs Elite combat would be fun in Warzone (or a similar mode), but I'd much rather have 343 focus on polishing up what they have now.
Only one guy? Try the whole team with maybe banshee ultras and temples, lets toss in a tank or wraith camping center of the map making it almost directly impossible unless your team is actually good, but honestly when does that happen with all the clan try hards.
SBTTLS wrote:

Only one guy? Try the whole team with maybe banshee ultras and temples, lets toss in a tank or wraith camping center of the map making it almost directly impossible unless your team is actually good, but honestly when does that happen with all the clan try hards.
Oh, don't get me wrong things turn south real fast in Warzone but it isn't because of the REQs per se. Weaker team, as you point out, can be kinda helpless against vehicles, but it was the same deal with previous Halos as well. The guys that can't deal with the Scorpion and two Pheatons faffing about the map in Warzone are the same folks that were getting wiped by the one hotshot pilot in Banshee back in Reach (t'was me, sorry guys).
343 can suture the wound, but it won't heal until both Warzone and the REQ packs are gone.
SBTTLS wrote:

If your team has lost map control that badly, they would have lost even if the other team didn't req those vehicles. It's the unfortunate truth of depending on randoms. I get it though. I play mostly solo so I get put in situations like this all the time and it always sucks