Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Halo 6 beta - Winter 2018 or Spring 2019?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
HaXoR73 wrote:
I'm gonna be disappointed if Halo 6 does not come out in 2018.
As awesome as it'd be to have the game come out before 2019, it's admittedly too early for it. It's better to have a quality game over one that's been rushed and riddled with bugs and glitches.
Very much agree. As much as I want to see the game, I’m all for waiting and letting them take as much time as possible.
HaXoR73 wrote:
As awesome as it'd be to have the game come out before 2019, it's admittedly too early for it. It's better to have a quality game over one that's been rushed and riddled with bugs and glitches.
Most halo games had 3 years development time but i guess it is a different developer.
Is eventually a good enough answer? Ima gun go with 'eventually' as we really have no idea when Halo 6 is going to release in the first place; this thread already has loads of speculation in a debate which has been going on for a while so there really is no easy way to predict when the Halo 6 beta will be. All we know is that it will happen.
I personally think that Halo 6 will come out this year and this is why: It has been quite big fashion in game industries to make short but massive marketing for upcoming games recently because it is alot cheaper than market it a year or even longer before it releases and also it gives the game much more hype thus keeping people interested and looking forward to its release. The reason I think 343i has been quiet about halo 6 so far is because they want to come out with a bang and give us reason to go absolutely mental for Halo 6
I'm expecting the beta to come out either December this year or January next year.
Ehhh.. you shouldn't be. 343 needs to take their time on it. Itd be best if it comes out next year. Im just a lil sad that we won't be getting anything big this year besides the update for MCC. Hopefully they do more than just fixing it & add more things to the game like DLC's. Some new H2A maps would be pretty nice.
They have had 3 years to work on halo 6 and I don't think a lot of people like waiting that long.
One would assume 3 years is enough time right? I'd be in agreement if most games these days didn't launch either buggy or unfinished. H5 had 3 years to it and it launched in both states. Furthermore with what I think when it comes to 343s "ambitions", they'll need more time to properly do what they're going to do. I'd assume the extra time (if they're going to put an extra year on this game) should work out, but there's plenty of recent examples of delayed games either failing or still underperforming. I'm at least curious to see if 343 can make it work since they don't do delays.

@OP: Not enough to pinpoint an accurate guess when it comes to a beta. Most devs typically hold one months pre launch. I know H5 had a beta nearly a year before it was out but it's not enough to assume they'd do the same again.
Regardless if or when we get a beta, we better get a forum medal for playing a halo 6 beta.
If it was released in 2019, wouldn't it disrupt the 3 year development cycle?
I think 343 was given more time to develop the game. If the game was coming out this year, we would've seen a teaser by now, and 343 wouldn't be so hush hush. Also, industry insiders have said that the game won't be coming this year.
Games don't always need a strict 3 year cycle, sometimes it's ok for them to take longer
I'm not expecting Halo 6 until 2020, tbh.
I think this community NEEDS at least a BETA to come out in 2018 or at least something new and fun to get people back into H5 or even MCC.
With no major updates coming out for halo wars 2 or halo 5,releasing it in 2020 would be a terrible idea
With no major updates coming out for halo wars 2 or halo 5,releasing it in 2020 would be a terrible idea
Yeah, 2020 is way too late. 2019 is most likely coming next year.
With a trailer at e3 2018 most likely
With a trailer at e3 2018 most likely
Yeah, we're probably getting a little teaser this E3, along with an announcement that the beta's coming.
It could also be possible however that they will have a full blown trailer at E3 this year and then have a short advertising cycle, to not repeat the same mistakes as the advertising with Halo 5 and release the game in December - February. Though I personally doubt this will happen, one can hope it will!
Gipxn wrote:
It could also be possible however that they will have a full blown trailer at E3 this year and then have a short advertising cycle, to not repeat the same mistakes as the advertising with Halo 5 and release the game in December - February. Though I personally doubt this will happen, one can hope it will!
I highly doubt it. An industry insider (who revealed inside info on the Xbox One Elite controller and Xbox One X before they were announced) said he's heard that the game won't come this year. This is good news, as I want 343 to have as much time as possible.
I’m hopeful for the MCC update. As for H6, if its anything even remotely like H4 or H5 then who cares. The beta will be a great way to see how it is without spending a dime.
Krumite wrote:
I'm not really following. Why does it seem we're not getting Halo 6 this year? Has there been any hints at this?
Probably because of how bad H4,5 was, well if a beta is this year then the dev's would need to do proper testing to make sure the game plays like a Halo game because if they release it the same year then it's highly unlikely they will change anything major to make the game play like a proper Halo game.
Ehhh.. you shouldn't be. 343 needs to take their time on it. Itd be best if it comes out next year. Im just a lil sad that we won't be getting anything big this year besides the update for MCC. Hopefully they do more than just fixing it & add more things to the game like DLC's. Some new H2A maps would be pretty nice.
They have had 3 years to work on halo 6 and I don't think a lot of people like waiting that long.
Maybe but after how bad Halo 4,5 was, the general distrust with 343i...it might be safer if 343i take their time till they get Halo 6 right because every sequel they have released has led to more, more fans drifting away from the IP, the whole thing with the intrusive rng micro-transactions system in H5 didn't help matters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4