1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
THANKS, Pc won't gonna kill xbox, this is not the same public at all, everybody don't have 1500$ to put on a pc, halo needs to expand his community throught pc if we want halo to rise at the the top again.
'Personally i think if Halo 6 is on PC Xbox is officially dead no solid games' if you look at xbox live popularity charts H5 is really low on the list. like it doesn't even break top 15.
I'd have to believe Phil Spencer
It'll be kept to Xbox only. I don't see Halo 6 coming to PC. Only Halo CE and Halo 2 officially came to PC then Halo Online came out but was a Russia Exclusive title that could be ported to play in the US but that's it
Pretty sure Microsoft already confirmed that ALL future exclusive releases would be play anywhere titles. So yes, Halo 6 will be available on Windows 10. Steam is highly unlikely, but at least its coming to PC in some form.

I don't think I'm allowed to post links but there's a VG article about it. Just google "Xbox Exclusive Play Anywhere" and it'll be on the first page.
It might come to pc, 343 and microsoft ate allways lookibg for ways to expand or make a buck. Dose anyone remember halo online, the project to bring free halo to Russia.
Regice554 wrote:
It might come to pc, 343 and microsoft ate allways lookibg for ways to expand or make a buck. Dose anyone remember halo online, the project to bring free halo to Russia.
Too bad that game got canned. Luckily some modders picked it up and essentially make it play like a Halo 3 MP port, although 343 will most likely try and take it down.
Regice554 wrote:
Too bad that game got canned. Luckily some modders picked it up and essentially make it play like a Halo 3 MP port, although 343 will most likely try and take it down.
Its a shame, i wish they did someyhing with it, like at least make it an arcade game or something. I never got the chance to play the mod, and my pc isnt build for games, so even if i found a way my pc souldnt run it.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Its a shame, i wish they did someyhing with it, like at least make it an arcade game or something. I never got the chance to play the mod, and my pc isnt build for games, so even if i found a way my pc souldnt run it.
Yea the mod isn't exactly the most stable thing in the world. I wouldn't recommend it until they at least optimise it a little better. Although best not play it at all unless you wanna get into trouble with 343 xD
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Yea the mod isn't exactly the most stable thing in the world. I wouldn't recommend it until they at least optimise it a little better. Although best not play it at all unless you wanna get into trouble with 343 xD
1: Both 343 and Microsoft have already said that the modders can freely mod the game with no fear of being shutdown, unless they charge people in it.
2: I think Halo 6 might come to Steam because:
  1. 343 said in one of their threads in Halo Wars Definitive Edition that they would love to expand Halo into the Steam market;
  2. Halo Wars on Steam was sold very well and most of it's reviews we're positive. Not Overwhelmingly, but Very Positive. So, both 343 and Microsoft have seen what happens when a Halo game is put in the Steam market: $$$
  3. Steam has an extremely large community, almost the entire world uses it. So, if Halo 6 is released on it, chances are that it will be sold extremely well, even better if Halo 3, or even MCC are released in it. They know how profitable Steam is, and I bet Halo 6 will come to it. I'll just have to hope. Fingers crossed.
Halo has always been a condom game. I think that it would ruin the market for Xbox if you offered Halo on the PC
It'll be kept to Xbox only. I don't see Halo 6 coming to PC. Only Halo CE and Halo 2 officially came to PC then Halo Online came out but was a Russia Exclusive title that could be ported to play in the US but that's it
Pretty sure Microsoft already confirmed that ALL future exclusive releases would be play anywhere titles. So yes, Halo 6 will be available on Windows 10. Steam is highly unlikely, but at least its coming to PC in some form.

I don't think I'm allowed to post links but there's a VG article about it. Just google "Xbox Exclusive Play Anywhere" and it'll be on the first page.
I'd still take it with a grain of salt. We'll see as time goes on
PC means more players right?
Especially with Xbox Play Anywhere Program.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
1: Both 343 and Microsoft have already said that the modders can freely mod the game with no fear of being shutdown, unless they charge people in it.
  1. 343 said in one of their threads in Halo Wars Definitive Edition that they would love to expand Halo into the Steam market;
  2. Halo Wars on Steam was sold very well and most of it's reviews we're positive. Not Overwhelmingly, but Very Positive. So, both 343 and Microsoft have seen what happens when a Halo game is put in the Steam market: $$$
  3. Steam has an extremely large community, almost the entire world uses it. So, if Halo 6 is released on it, chances are that it will be sold extremely well, even better if Halo 3, or even MCC are released in it. They know how profitable Steam is, and I bet Halo 6 will come to it. I'll just have to hope. Fingers crossed.
Since when? Microsoft have already tried to DMCA takedown multiple times on FREE download links.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Since when? Microsoft have already tried to DMCA takedown multiple times on FREE download links.
Quite some time ago, maybe an year. I'm trying to find the link, but not having much luck. If I find it, I'll edit the post.
EDIT: It was actually Installation 01 which received the blessing from 343 to continue the development without much fear of shutdown. Apologies. Still, I believe they'll still allow Halo Online/REDACTED to continue development. After all, the people who play it (the playerbase is currently low, but it's because they're waiting for 0.6 to release) love it, and the modders' intention is purely for entertainment and not profit.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Quite some time ago, maybe an year. I'm trying to find the link, but not having much luck. If I find it, I'll edit the post.
EDIT: It was actually Installation 01 which received the blessing from 343 to continue the development without much fear of shutdown. Apologies. Still, I believe they'll still allow Halo Online/REDACTED to continue development. After all, the people who play it (the playerbase is currently low, but it's because they're waiting for 0.6 to release) love it, and the modders' intention is purely for entertainment and not profit.
Lets hope xD
(...)
THANKS, Pc won't gonna kill xbox, this is not the same public at all, everybody don't have 1500$ to put on a pc, halo needs to expand his community throught pc if we want halo to rise at the the top again.
The problem is, not everyone has a 1800€ PC to instantly run a fresh new powerdemanding Halo10 in acceptable quality or even at all. You would be surprised with how many PC players out there have a very mediocre equipment that can barely run games of Halo5 caliber, at least if to speak of any convincing setup, if the game allows. If Microsoft wants to gather audience, they better remaster some of the older but still rocking bits, while these are still considered something of a worthy buy, to target the 3/4 tech audience, meaning, people with equipment good enough for gaming but unnecessarily the bleeding edge. This is the best by-the-numbers versus by-the-income solution. Also, if you talk about PC gaming, STEAM is the way to go, other conditions are simply bias that will get you nowhere, bussinesswise. Therefore, I would not be surprised if Halo6 on PC long sought the way to settle down.
(...)
The problem is, not everyone has a 1800€ PC to instantly run a fresh new powerdemanding Halo10 in acceptable quality or even at all. You would be surprised with how many PC players out there have a very mediocre equipment that can barely run games of Halo5 caliber, at least if to speak of any convincing setup, if the game allows. If Microsoft wants to gather audience, they better remaster some of the older but still rocking bits, while these are still considered something of a worthy buy, to target the 3/4 tech audience, meaning, people with equipment good enough for gaming but unnecessarily the bleeding edge. This is the best by-the-numbers versus by-the-income solution. Also, if you talk about PC gaming, STEAM is the way to go, other conditions are simply bias that will get you nowhere, bussinesswise. Therefore, I would not be surprised if Halo6 on PC long sought the way to settle down.
I used to think that most PC gamers had those types of PC while I only had one with an Intel Core i5 and AMD RADEON 750 (At least I can run Crysis XD), something like that, but I got surprised as to how many people actually don't. Very surprised, in fact.
(...)
(...)
(...)
I used to think that most PC gamers had those types of PC while I only had one with an Intel Core i5 and AMD RADEON 750 (At least I can run Crysis XD), something like that, but I got surprised as to how many people actually don't. Very surprised, in fact.
That is because the hardcore gamers are few and these are the people who pay good money to be the tip of the spear, at least in terms of tech. There are casual gamers but there are also people casually interested in gaming, which means, they would get a game but they would not get over themselves to get to play that game, only if conditions are right. In time, the average consumer tech level advances and people casually interested in gaming eventually lay their hands on games of yesterday that used to be the domain of hardcore gamers, but that may take years in process before they will finally buy these games - at great discount, to add - while most companies are interested in an instant gain, selling products at day of release price. That is why there is some bussiness in releasing a PC game that instantly can be enjoyed unnecessarily solely by the tip of the spear hardware recipients. On the other hand, creating something recessive is out of question for a company that seeks to push the industry boundaries. That is why bringing back the old bits in reasonable quality is a double advantage here, while the franchise still has good PR. First, it is excused that the games are not prima sort in terms of developmental patterns of modern days, which makes them accessible to casual audience, second, there are a lot of people who will get Halo just because it is Halo. Then the hype will burn out because the games will get the reviews they deserve and players will get satiated, some of them maybe even disappointed because hey, it has been some few years since the time of greatness after all. But the cash will flow and y'know how it is, the cash must flow. Eventually just make a new franchise, duh.
I know this is a halo 6 on PC post but seriously.. I would be happy to be able to finish the fight on my desktop rather than my xbox for a change. remember we only ever got halo CE (which was first released on PC BEFORE xbox) and halo 2. Why didn't we even get a remaster for halo2 on pc ? It doesn't make much sense. I go into more detail over at the user voice xbox forum.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31588489-halo-2-remastered-pc
This is kind of a 50/50 situation. Microsoft have been making a huge push onto the PC market with all their exclusives releasing on both Xbox and PC for the last year, Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, GoW 4, Halo Wars DE, Halo Wars 2, ReCore, and even future titles like Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 are all releasing as a ‘Microsoft Exclusive’ rather than an Xbox Exclusive.

But FPS halo? It’s a console seller. I haven’t done my research, but I can almost assure you that you see spikes in Xbox sales during the release dates of any FPS Halo over the last 16 Years.
Halo 6 can go either way, it would make sense to push Windows 10 and the Microsoft store using their biggest IP, the only other game really pulling PC gamers towards it is Forza. But you also might lose those important important console sales (especially with the price of the One X, they need to sell many consoles to get a gain in money).

I personally hope that it goes to PC, cause PC master race yadda yadda, PC just works better for me but I wouldn’t blame them for releasing it exclusively on Xbox One.
If they bring it to PC it will kill Xbox im telling you now its already a pretty awful system with no good games anymore
I don't think so. Different audience. Most of the people in the hall community that play on PC don't play it on Xbox. Some Xbox players may play on PC instead, but I bet that's a fraction (people will stay with their friends on average).

But then again, I agree with you on the lack of games that give a reason to own a Netflix box, i mean my Xbox. I'm not sure it matters as much now, seems like people are going to buy multiple consoles anyway and are far less likely to actually have a good gaming PC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9