My wishlist. This has been heavily edited now,(Jan 09 19) with new additions and clean up since original posting.
- Robust and long campaign.
Then, eventually I want to see a new threat rise from outside the galaxy. Something very alien, but with lots of things to shoot, invades the galaxy. As you battle them across the galaxy you fight in some locations from past games, and the nostalgia fills us with good & sad feels.
I'd love to see a robot empire of some sort, where, when certain "elite" soldier robots get shot to pieces you have to make sure to shot the head piece because otherwise it has(may have) the ability to reconstruct itself. I'm not talking boss type soldiers, but certain types of soldiers "Elites" or "Brutes" so to speak.
Yet that sounds like a thing already, is that a thing already? Am I thinking of something I read about the robots in Destiny?
Also I absolutely want the Mammoth to return. And drive-able. I imagine a huge open plain where a group of Mammoths get in a long distance tussle with a group of Scarabs. The distance closes up and Mammoths and Scarabs are in eachothers faces, support vehicles racing around, boarding actions! Also excise that area from the campaign and create it as a dedicated FireFight map too. How long can you and your friends in one Mammoth last against an onslaught of enemy vehicles. A set boss could possibly be a Kraken.
- Bring back Firefight, and add dynamic difficulty scaling. If players are dug in wiping out wave after wave on Normal, drop in a couple waves of Heroic.
- Different multi-player/Firefight modes, as previously mentioned-like Scarabs vs. Mammoths-battle takes place in huge area, teams build up kills to "power" a Mini-Mac shot or Scarab beam shot, and three to five shots wins the game. Should A.I. drive the vehicles though?
- A vehicle based VS mode. Players spawn as vehicles. This multi-player mode could have exclusive Sabre space based levels.
I'd also like to see the return of FireFight, and a fully customizable FireFight at that. (Take Beachhead in Reach for example. I wanted to be able to drop in a conventional hog instead of the missile hog, things like that, and more.)
Scale-able difficulty. (optional though). If the game sees you are owning the field on normal difficulty for several rounds to a set or two, it will scale it up to heroic on the fly. If you are holed up on the map somewhere being undefeatable let the bad guys call in air support or orbital support. Concerning Orbital strike; give the player a chance to shoot the enemy holding the laser designator though. Anyway, there has to be a satisfactory way to make scale-able difficulty work, and be optional too.
- About FireFight difficulty. If different difficulties have different tactics, I want every level of difficulty to have access to all levels of tactics. If players are dug in dropping wave after wave on Normal, not only does the A.I. have the choice to send in a couple Heroic waves, it also lets the enemies have access to the tactics of every level of difficulty without switching to Heroic etc. This would help add variety and change up for the players.
Also the return of a robust Theater Mode. My experience is the awesome theater mode in Halo Reach. You could watch the entire mission unfold. Educational too, because you could move ahead or behind and see how the engine was dealing with assets. Very cool.
Continuing with vehicles.
I'd love the Vulture to be brought into other games and have a fun level where you can man the guns and walk around inside to another gun if yours gets disabled.
A long and interesting air level would be cool. Remember piloting the hornets in Halo 3 for the one part of that level? Imagine a much longer one with more objectives, air combat, strafing ground targets etc. If your hornet gets destroyed certain points would have hornets, falcons, pelicans to pilot and get you back in the fight!
I'd like to see Locusts brought in as well. Not building destroyers though. A conventional Covenant weaponry version. Large needlers, things like that, and with four sets of prongs on the back. Two each side, these are used to carry grunts (maybe jackals?) into the battlefield and drop them off. They are exposed to fire once the limited Locust shield goes down though. Maybe no shield at all? They are able to fire their hand weapons though. Hijackable too.
And if you can have four customized Spartans in the co-op campaign, allow the cut-scenes to show them all just as easily as you would one player.
Would love to see Grunts driving Warthogs and Choppers.
- I really like all the Spartan movement and mobility in H5. While Spartan charging or sprinting it would be cool to have a 'Tackle' ability that puts down an assassination on who you just tackled.
Something I'd really enjoy, but I know others would probably hate. More variety of actions in gameplay then just shooting. Remember how you could activate/repair things in Lost Planet? Also maybe a new CQC system that plays like assassinations somehow?
- Not just custom Spartan armor but custom faces etc. It's fun to customize. Though where your Spartan face would be seen is questionable. Another suggestion, most players won't love, and I understand.
- Bots! I think it's finally time to give players bots to play with and against in offline/local multi-player modes.
- Make sure all the story is in the game rather then spreading it around as a cross-media event.
Here is one I've wanted for a long time!
- Covenant V. Covenant campaigns. This is where players play as their own customized Grunts, Jackals/Skirmishers, Hunters, Brutes, Elites, etc., in campaigns that cover a Covenant civil war. This could also be brought in as special modes for multi-player, and Firefight.
- Regarding playing as Covenant. I want a Covenant V. Covenant campaign, Vs. mode, that is Squad based. Example:
You play as an Elite and you outfit your squad however you choose-based on your play style, I suppose, with Grunts, Jackals/Elites, Brutes, Elites, Hunters, maybe even an Engineer for shielding and health regen. You then can give out squad orders and commands to you're A.I. squad, take cover, flank, recon, pursue, push forward, breach etc. Like H5 but more robust. This could work for UNSC forces too. As you succeed through missions you can outfit your squad with better armor and equipment, and replace killed squadmates. For every downed squadmate you get a "memory card" so you never forget their sacrifice.