2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 33
Just wanted to add a wish regarding the new art piece by Jeremy Cook. Please make that a large area in a campaign. That piece is really great. I love the dark and the snow and the lighting.
It makes me imagine part of a campaign where you're at a firebase somewhere, and all the vehicles are covered in snow like that. The conflict, and goals all take place in that atmosphere. You go into lit buildings of the firebase and out the windows you can see lights in the yard and maintenance garages lighting up the falling snow. I know it would probably mean creating double models of assets, but that would be a really 'cool' environment to play in. Just dark enough, just snowy enough, all the lighting pops. Just like the beautiful artwork. That makes me excited. One thing though would be keeping the slipperiness to a minimum. The vehicles are heavy enough that it shouldn't factor in very much at all. It's just about having fun in this dark snowy environment, not about constantly fighting to keep your vehicle from flying off a cliff!
Please No upgradeable/rpg gameplay, Halo is perfect because it's fair. Purely skill will get you out of a fight, there is no difference (other than armour appearance)between you and the guy in front of you. If I engage in a firefight and I win because I have a "perk/upgrade" he's yet to unlock, that is unfair gameplay. If it comes down to the last bullet and I have a speed shot type upgrade, that pour soul at the end of my barrel lost before he even joined the game. Plz no upgrades and leave RPG elements up to the forgers and custom games to create themselves. Keep Halo pure!
Doubt we see something like this in Hi multiplayer after the H4 debacle... Nobody in the Halo community liked personalized loadouts and it's beyond me how it could ever been there in first place! I guess it was Don Mattrick push towards popular trends, or at least I hope that's the case.

We might get it in the campaign though. Rumors are floating around that Infinite's SP is going to be an open world FC-esque experience with RPG elements sprinkled on top of it. Don't know if I like or hate the idea frankly! I guess I'm open to it as long it isn't yet another shared world nonsense title. I'm not a fan of the "game as a service" formula Destiny popularized lately when it comes to campaign and coop.
1. Complete game customization options -

In Halo Reach a special playlist was made to resemble the play of Halo CE.
I want the ability to do this and more for custom games

Health Bar check box (If checked on health packs will be on maps)
Fall damage check box
Weapons available check box (Abilty to limit what weapons are available for games)
Weapon characteristics (Firing speed, reload speed, power of shot, ammo amount, Accurancy, melee power)
Shotgun(s) specific option - Shot drop off setting. Per X distance the shot does -Y% damage
Sword Specific - Lunge distance and check box for Tiebreaker(Halo 2 style of sword fighting)
Needler Specific - Needler speed
Rocket Specific - Tracking ability check box
Plasma Pistol specific - Tracking ability accuracy, overcharge shot does X extra damage(Halo CE)
Grenade throw - power of throw(distance), arc of throw
Grenade specific - blast radius
Dual weapon check box for available to use
Weapon characteristics of dual wielded weapons
Zoom capabilty check box (pistol could in Halo Ce but not Halo2 but this would be for all weapons)
Jump height - Ability to adjust down using as low as a hundredth of a foot or millimeters which ever convention they use ()
Movement Speed - Same explanation as height
Shield Strength
Shield Regen rate
Powerup options (Invisibility-Durantion,Overshield-Durantion and X amount of extra shielding)
Equipment check box for available to use(bubble shield, etc...)
Equipment options (Durantion, radius of use, power of blast)
Armor Abilities check box for available to use (All should be available for custom games)
Armor ability options

Already made game presets
Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4

2. More granularity in sensitivity - Sensitivity settings for certain types of weapons ex. (sniper weapons are set to 3 while close combat weapons are set to 6) can branch out for specific weapon or just use a global for each category or the just the default global (what we currently have)

3. Better wraith tank aiming reticle - a red ring where the plasma bomb will land on the ground (old reticle should be able to select it from menu for people who don't want to use the new one). It would be nice not to have to guess where it's going to land.

4. Massive campaign battle. (Think in halo Reach when they showed all the warthogs and tanks going into battle, something like that but actually playing in it)

5. In the campaign more players in co-op equals more enemies to fight in most places of combat OR instead of grunts one now sees jackals or elites. Adds a different kind of difficulty when playing with friends

6. Bring back dual wielding – Should at least be an option for custom games

7. Training bots for multiplayer - Sniper target practice. You basically have it with the holograms. I'm just looking for something a little easier than me with a second controller pressing the ability button.

8. Descope if hit - keep this

9. A.I. Driving ability - should be on par with earlier halo games. Halo 4's was terrible.

10. Multiplayer playable - Elites, Brutes, Knights, and Hunters(Special Gametype)

11. Actual racing maps meant only for racing - Think Mario cart or Death Race Haloized. Two/Three person warthog teams, upgradable warthogs (chain gun with cool down, chain gun from Halo 1, rocket, gauss), powerups (invisible, overshield, speed boosted warthog), Multiple routes with the shortest path being the most dangerous, weapon pickups for third person. You could have that huge sentinel from Halo 2 drop off the warthogs for respawns. This could be a separate map pack they sell later on

12. Max players 1024 - Just kidding, 256. If you could make it to 1024 that would be epic. You are the bar others aspire to reach except when it comes to multiplayer max players. Halo should push the limits of what multiplayer game can be.

13. Huge maps - Forge world's size didn't make much sense when it was 16 max players (When playing on a map that used a large portion or all of it. Obviously only custom games did this but...). If you get up to 256 players that amount of real estate makes sense.

14. Unlimitied vehicle use in multiplayer – Pelicans, hornets, falcons, Ability to drop off warthogs with pelicans like the in game ones can, Helljump into battle(spawn choice), dropships, spectres, ability to zoom while a passenger in a vehicle, Scarab/Mammoth(Special Game type), AA Wraith Tank. Ability to pickup/dropoff vehicles using pelican/dropships. Furthermore the pelican should fly like the falcon just not as responsive. Vehicles separate Halo from other popular FPS games and should be embraced.

15. Forge - Ability to make maps on your PC with a mouse and keyboard. Right now it's kind of clunky and slow for the average user because the user has to use a joystick. Obviously improvements have
been made over the years to make it more user friendly but it's way easier and efficient to use a mouse and keyboard (macros {ex. open menu set height of object}, movement of objects). This could be a way to sell the newest Windows OS. I don’t have it however if this feature was on it I would at least think about buying it.

16. Forge - Ability to group copy and paste. Anything that is merged with this object and the objects touching it would be copied. Example is you make a base and you want to have the exact same looking thing, one would no longer have to redo the work.

17. Forge - ability to change the color of an object. I think currently you can but it is a couple little strips on it. I want to change the whole thing. Also the ability to paste numbers onto walls.

18. Maps without kill zones and invisible walls. If I can see it, let me go there. I can understand if someone goes way way out of the area they should be playing in. Have a kill zone for the multiplayer map during a competitive match, but otherwise everthing else is fair game.

19. Aerial combat maps - This seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do. Just have 2 maps starting off and if people don't like so be it. But if they do DLC

20. Ladders on Multiplayer Maps – It was fun to wait near the top and then jump down to assassinate someone coming up. A little more dynamic than airlifts, however slower so use should be used carefully

21. Infinite grenades - for Multiplayer custom games. Just like Halo CE.

22. Assassination - If by a ledge you just kick them over it to their death

23. The ability to go prone - Spartans apparently never die and they also never lie down

24. Weapons: Return all weapons.

25. Sword fighting. Bring back Halo 2 style where one person wins if both lunge. Timing was everything for Halo2, early halo3. Now you can be a little late and both will die by third person coming into the mix.

26. You can bring all enemies back except the buggers. I never liked them in the game. They always seemed like the odd ones out for the covenant forces.
27. Ultimate map pack at launch of game – Every halo has started with at least 10 maps on launch day. All xbox live halo’s have had over 20 by the end of their run. Take the best two or three from each game which would make 10 – 15 maps right there where you wouldyn’t have to work on very much for gametypes and multiplayer flow. Then in another map pack 3-6 months down the road have another 2-3 maps from each halo game for a purchasable map pack. Because each game engine was different with how fast and how high MC could run/jump a program would be needed to do a mathematical transformation of the Cartesian coordinates of the previous map’s objects (walls,rocks,etc..). You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. You have a large library of great maps, use them to bring back some fans you lost. If the game launches with close or over 20 maps at launch and good amount of them are classic maps it will be hard for most people to complain.

28. Spawning options – Player option to wait to spawn with others (wait X seconds before spawning if no one else on team is also spawning). There is already group spawn option but this would be on an individual’s preference.

29. Helljumping in would be a risk/reward spawning. There would be a chance that the chute would not open killing one’s self and giving the other team a kill. Also it would be possible for precision weapons to shoot off the chute and causing a kill or significant damage depending on the height. The tank or any heavy ordnance would also be able to blow them out of the sky.

30. Spawning preference. Whoever has the best hit to shot ratio of a weapon would be spawned closer to said weapon. For example if player A is really good with the sniper he would be placed ahead of player B who is horrible. Player B would be placed towards the back of the spawn area if he is bad at everything or placed towards another weapon or vehicle.

31. Competitive and social playlists. Didn't really notice how nice it was to have those two different lists until they were gone.

32. HaloFest - A convention for Halo fans. Panels where programers, writers, actors give talks with Q/A. The big draw would the largest Halo LAN party ever put on.
I'm sure I've contributed to this thread already.. but something I just remembered I'd like to see return is the compass from Halo: Reach.

(and bring back Classic Zoom as a setting in case I didn't say it here before :P)
Free for all Forge, so we can use our chosen colors in forge mode, as well as custom game options to turn off team colors in team modes. I know it could get confusing in the heat of battle, but i bet forgers can make modes that capitalize on that, like elites vs spartans, or a trouble in terrorist town type mode. On that note, add an option to disable the kill feed to custom games.
Something I want..

Warzone Weapon Loadouts
One of the main things I dislike about Halo 5 Warzone is having to keep changing my weapon for each new energy level I gain.
I equipped my BR, then armor mod. As I level, I have to switch the type of BR and mod. It becomes annoying and a hassle.

How Loadouts could work
Have presets for each energy level, so weapons change instantly when energy level is increased (at next respawn).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Warzone CTF, StrongHolds, KOTH, Assault, Oddball
Why not make the Warzone an even bigger Warzone by bringing classic gamemodes into the mix? Set Flags and strongholds upon the armories. Plant the bomb in the enemies core. It would lead to ultimate chaos. Oddball with 24 players?

Custom Warzone and Offline
Halo 5 fell short to customization. Forge was a masterpiece but it failed to provide the custom A.I. games. There was no custom Firefight. No custom Warzone. Not all of us want to play online all the time. We need more offline modes, including offline forge.
Themurloc wrote:
Free for all Forge, so we can use our chosen colors in forge mode, as well as custom game options to turn off team colors in team modes. I know it could get confusing in the heat of battle, but i bet forgers can make modes that capitalize on that, like elites vs spartans, or a trouble in terrorist town type mode. On that note, add an option to disable the kill feed to custom games.
On that note more UI options for specific Forge modes would be a nice touch as well. For example you could deactivate the red reticle in a zombie base mode for the survivors while at the same time deactivating Team colors and indicators. With those options a TiTT playlist would be fairly easy to create and more.

343i, please! This is a magnificent idea! Forge 5.0 will be amazing!^^
My wishlist for MP:
  • Remove enhanced mobility and sprint
  • Good maps with correct weapons for destroying vehicles.
  • Big vehicles like elephants from sand trap.
  • Kill barriers like missless, turrets and towers from halo 3, not kill death timers.
  • no invisible walls inside the map.
  • Have a simple forge from halo 3 and advanced forge like halo 5.
  • Good launch with lots of content, then do updates with new map packs, weapon skins, playlists.
  • All free updates, DLCs and map packs like halo 2 and 5 since 3, reach and 4 were paid.
  • Make wartime better.
  • if there is a battle royale, release it with more than one map.
  • New game modes at launch.
  • Classic UI
My most important ones of all:
No buggy launch, with lots of content.
Bring back all game modes from halo reach 3 and 4 except for flood.
More playlists.
Custom game browser and party leader from H3.
I know I can't be the only one who actually liked load-outs... Maybe I'm just the only one who will open my mouth about it on a forum. It presented a more tactile form of play. Contrary to popular belief not every player in the community likes arena style play where everyone runs into to the center of the map and the person with the power weapon or best connection wins. Load-outs provided an element that required a little more thought rather than just reflex. I agree with the general consensus on this forum that load-outs are more suited to Big Team Battle.So why can't this be an option for that mode?

I think Halo 4 Infinity slayer was the most spot on BTB Halo ever had. If you think I'm full of it jump onto the MCC and search BTB with a filter for Halo 4 only and see how quickly you find a game. There is a large demographic that enjoys this style game play.
BASSAR0 wrote:
I know I can't be the only one who actually liked load-outs... Maybe I'm just the only one who will open my mouth about it on a forum. It presented a more tactile form of play. Contrary to popular belief not every player in the community likes arena style play where everyone runs into to the center of the map and the person with the power weapon or best connection wins. Load-outs provided an element that required a little more thought rather than just reflex. I agree with the general consensus on this forum that load-outs are more suited to Big Team Battle.So why can't this be an option for that mode?

I think Halo 4 Infinity slayer was the most spot on BTB Halo ever had. If you think I'm full of it jump onto the MCC and search BTB with a filter for Halo 4 only and see how quickly you find a game. There is a large demographic that enjoys this style game play.
I think it's just the majority of people Waypoint.

Having played Halo 4 then Halo 5 it's hard to go back to what feels like an inferior multiplayer. Closest we will probably get to loadouts again is Warzone. Unless they decide to do what you mentioned which I hope they do.
I would love to see the jetpack make a return. Preferably making an appearance in customs and action sack only. There are so many options it adds in terms of gameplay and custom games it would be awesome to see it return.
I would love to see camo come back. I know it is the most complained about ability, I don't quite know why that is though. Contrary to popular belief not everyone who used it hid in the corner with a sniper rifle. I loved scouting with it or ambushing vehicles in BTB,
All I really want is the Halo 3 ranking system for the competitive game type. I don't like the call of duty style, everyone ranks up just for playing. I absolutely hate the seasons, where your rank resets every so often.
Also, I would like to always be the same color. Like everyone could see the enemy as red and their teammates as blue. Maybe I'm just getting old but it is a little confusing switching back and forth every game.
BASSAR0 wrote:

I highly disagree on loadouts in BTB slayer and I've yet to see people suggesting it frankly. Also are we talking about pre-made loadouts like HR had or modern twitch shooter loadouts that you can personalize like H4 had? I can see the first option being used in huge team based gametypes or cooperative modes against AI like Invasion, Warzone or Firefight, but certainly not in slayer and I FOR SURE don't want personalized classes ever again outside of Forge. It just doesn't mix well with skill based arena gameplay.

And this is what Halo is and what it's supposed to be: a skill based arena shooter. Even with loadouts Halo has always been an arena shooter first and foremost, only exception being H5 which mixes twitch-shooter elements in the gameplay to make AMM possible. So it baffles me that you claim to hate arena style gameplay while talking about an arena style game at the core! 🙃

Last but not least, loadouts have little to nothing to do with how much reflexes impact the gameplay. I mean, what game did you play to claim This: "Load-outs provided an element that required a little more thought rather than just reflex." in first place? H4 and H5G are certainly the most reaction based MPs of the entire series so far, and that's not really a subjective opinion. One has personalized loadouts while the other has not. How much reflexes influences the actual battle has to do with TTK.

The reason for why it's because sprint is a base mechanic in the last two Halo games, so the overall gunplay became faster to compensate. First see first kills is something that never existed in the original trilogy outside of SWAT, neither in Reach for the most part, because sprint was introduced like a power-up and not a BMM.

Also, I would like to always be the same color. Like everyone could see the enemy as red and their teammates as blue. Maybe I'm just getting old but it is a little confusing switching back and forth every game.
HW1 had that option, personally I'm not a fan of it, but it's always a nice option to have imho. Color theory however suggest it should be the other way around, at least in a shooter: you're red and the enemy is green. This is because red makes you more aggressive and the eye concentrates better on green rather than blue. Tests have shown that red teams in FPS play better overall, on the contrary a cold color like blue or a dark purple is better suited for RTS titles. I know it's a small thing, but the fact that color can influence someone so much is still astonishing to me!^^
Flyable Pelican or drivable Elephant to serve as mobile spawn points.
Moving Mammoth to serve as a mobile command base that can be captured. Whoever holds this has the advantage of calling in vehicles.
I would like to see the Target Designator brought back or an option to call in a team of ODST to attack/defend designated points.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE ADD THE BANDANA SKULL

And make a good campaign. Don’t pull a star wars episode 8, or any of that political stuff. 👍🏻

And Flood.
Wishlist
kill Locke ok he’s not the worst
good campaign not trying to addendums but I played the halo 4 campaign and it was just not enjoyable however it was still fun just example
multiplayer fine just get good maps such as old maps my personal fav Lockout
bring split screen I was so exited to play halo 5 with my uncle only to find it DIDNT HAVE SPLIT SCREEN also I’m confused because so many people wanted split screen and they could have added it in an update but NO.
Just make it a good game. Hopefully it will be like the old trilogy
So I seen Dr distrepecrs tweet about how halo would be perfect for BR and then I seen shroud and doc talking about it on their podcast and It got me thinking about the next best genre to take over BR.

How about a gamemode that combines halo with csgo but a BR twist?. Hear me out..

Have a game mode where 4 teams of 4 spawn into a large size halo map in random locations unknown to each team. They all have to hunt each other last team standing wins. This happens in rounds of 5 minutes each as map slowly shrinks "somehow".

Each map has a different power point which has a power weapon for the map.

Each team can choose a different species of character which has access to different types of weapons.

I think by adding a separate ranking system will make the game more competitive and attract a large group of competitive players.

I don't know if this will gain much interest but Its something that I thought I'd enjoy playing. Hope the devs see this and would get in touch if they like it. Have a million more ideas with this.
-
AMA4N wrote:
My wishlist for MP:
  • Remove enhanced mobility and sprint
  • Good maps with correct weapons for destroying vehicles.
  • Big vehicles like elephants from sand trap.
  • Kill barriers like missless, turrets and towers from halo 3, not kill death timers.
  • no invisible walls inside the map.
  • Have a simple forge from halo 3 and advanced forge like halo 5.
  • Good launch with lots of content, then do updates with new map packs, weapon skins, playlists.
  • All free updates, DLCs and map packs like halo 2 and 5 since 3, reach and 4 were paid.
  • Make wartime better.
  • if there is a battle royale, release it with more than one map.
  • New game modes at launch.
  • Classic UI
My most important ones of all:No buggy launch, with lots of content.
Bring back all game modes from halo reach 3 and 4 except for flood.
More playlists.
Custom game browser and party leader from H3.
i think enhanced mobility should be reworked to trde speed of "movement vs. speed of aiming" insted of "move vs. shoot ". this would make "evolved mobility™" possible without harming the golden triangle. in addition these extra movement capabilities should be toned down in extent and should be controlled manualy and be momentum based insted of automaticaly and animation based. spartan charge and groundpound should be replaced by melee strenght and damage radius scaling with extra momentum. the slowaim would balance this. guns should be always up and if you shoot during sprint you actually fire instantly, but drop back to normal aim/movement in a short time (residual momentum)

BASSAR0 wrote:

i think reach like loadouts should return only in custom games or some special playlists. i don't think there should be custom loadout playlists.

I would love to see the jetpack make a return. Preferably making an appearance in customs and action sack only. There are so many options it adds in terms of gameplay and custom games it would be awesome to see it return.
i think halo 3 style equipement should return. maybe give it multipple uses and a cooldown timer. this way a jetpack could be included.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. 26
  8. ...
  9. 33