1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. ...
  7. 30
My wishlist:

Halo Wars 1 and 2 vehicles (yes, even Uber Units)
Better maps
good campaign
Mk lV
Good armor
Good UI.
No MTs or REQs
No RNG.
Armor Abilities or classic movement; not Spartan Abilities. No sprint by default (Halo 4)
Playable Elites (Halo 2/3 style)
Better art style (Halo Wars 2 nailed a perfect mix of new and old)
Halo Reach weapons and vehicles
Halo 2 weapons and vehicles
Halo 3 weapons and vehicles

Halo 5 weapons and vehicles, with exception (I don’t think we need 50 reskins of the same thing, the Covenant versions worked better than the UNSC did. Ex- We had 4 Wraiths. Standard, Temple (faster movement), SoS (increased armor over standard), and Ultra (best gun and armor). Just have a slider to let us select the skin in the case of SoS and standard, but keep armor the same. That could apply to all UNSC vehicles.

More Arby.
My wishlist:

Halo Wars 1 and 2 vehicles (yes, even Uber Units)
Better maps
good campaign
Mk lV
Good armor
Good UI.
No MTs or REQs
No RNG.
Armor Abilities or classic movement; not Spartan Abilities. No sprint by default (Halo 4)
Playable Elites (Halo 2/3 style)
Better art style (Halo Wars 2 nailed a perfect mix of new and old)
Halo Reach weapons and vehicles
Halo 2 weapons and vehicles
Halo 3 weapons and vehicles

Halo 5 weapons and vehicles, with exception (I don’t think we need 50 reskins of the same thing, the Covenant versions worked better than the UNSC did. Ex- We had 4 Wraiths. Standard, Temple (faster movement), SoS (increased armor over standard), and Ultra (best gun and armor). Just have a slider to let us select the skin in the case of SoS and standard, but keep armor the same. That could apply to all UNSC vehicles.

More Arby.
As much as I like your list on vehicles, weapons, skins, and UI (you did point out a VERY good one I'll talk about later), there are a few booboos that unfortunately is to blame on typical AAA game company logic. Microtransactions and REQ Packs (AKA LootBoxes) are trademark money printers for them, especially the fact that players can easily be suckered into wasting their entire life savings and entice bankruptcy officials because of peer pressure and the fact that they want to "join the crowd", and pay-to-win games like Warzone is no help either... Regardless they want money and (mostly) don't care, I mean look what happened to Bungie because of Activision before they defected from them. Another thing that entices a big bandaid is RNG. It's just trouble that is directly tied to LootBoxes and Microtransactions in general. Unless MT and LootBoxes die out completely, it WILL happen unless SOME people actually listen to US (the good gamers that are not old-school-only fanboys and hate wasting money for mostly nothing)!

You have a good point when it comes to vehicles, in addition to the choppers and that other one in Halo 3 (I cant remember what it was called), I would love to see the return of the Specter from Halo 2. It was very on par with the warthog, even though it was a little too slow even with boost.

The one that REALLY needs to happen aside from what I said earlier about anti-teabagging and other body disrespectful behaviors that needs automatic punishments applied among other fair-play measurements, is the ART STYLE from Halo Wars 2! Granted that the trailers for infinite DID show a much better art style, but I agree with you completely about how Halo Wars 2 made it flat-out perfect! Creative Assembly completely nailed it when it came to mixing old and new art styles and designs with the correct tones! I highly suggest that 343 should work with them again on this, if they get the designs and tones right like before in Wars 2, they both can certainly revive the series in first person too!

Where I mildly disagree, to a certain extent, is anti default sprinting. Halo 4's sprinting worked well for me personally (even though getting hit slowed you down unfairly), Halo 5's was rather unnecessary with unlimited sprinting with melee charging which also forbade shield and health recovery (idiotically in MP only), and also ground pounding and no armor abilities seemed stupid. Clambering and stabilizing jets while aiming was fine along with sliding, if marines can do it so can Spartans. Why not bring back all the abilities from Reach and 4? All of them, except for Hardlight Shield and Halo 4's butchered Jet Pack, were fun to play with!

But yeah, playable Elites and Arbiter was no doubt very Halo. Elite Lives Matter and they not only should comeback completely for player control, but also have complete customization.

Suffice to say; Remember Reach, or should I say, Rebuild Reach with proper fandom support and Creative Assembly!
I'm too lazy to scroll thru 29 pages of replies so I may or may not have posted in this thread previously... but my priorities may have changed anyway.

I've recently decided I'm retiring from online gaming. I'm tired of the hyper competitiveness and the hyper toxicity. (Which is usually a direct result of the competitiveness.) My XBL subscription expires in October and this time, I'm not renewing. I'm going back to single player, and local multiplayer gaming only. If you want more thoughts, go ahead and check out my Waypoint bio.

So because of this, if Infinite wants my pre-order, here's the #1 thing it MUST have: a heck of a lot more offline content than Halo 5 did:

• The campaign must hit it out of the park - very long, fun to play, story that doesn't suck, lots of stuff to explore, plenty of replayability
  • Some type of PVE mode must be playable locally, offline, in custom games, solo or split screen
  • This is the big one - maybe Halo can finally catch up to where COD has been for the last 10 years, and where Quake and Unreal Tournament were 20 years ago, and add AI bots, so we can play simulated multiplayer offline, solo or split screen. Tom French has said he's interested in this, so fingers crossed it could happen.
If Infinite doesn't have at least 2 of those 3 things, I'm out. I'll certainly pick it up eventually, but no pre-order if it's missing these things, which would break my heart to not be able to play the campaign on day 1 with everyone else... but it's not worth my $60 if the offline offering is basically equal to Halo 5's pathetic offline offering.

On the other hand, Bethesda has my $60 pre-order for Doom Eternal, because they EARNED it by offering such a fantastic campaign product with Doom 2016, putting so much work and effort into the single player experience. (Doom 2016 also had AI multiplayer bots, too - developed by Certain Affinity, hint hint 343.) Hopefully Halo learns something from that.
1. Really good arena 4v4 maps. Something H5 kind of lacked. A variety of different themes both in terms of sandbox and atmosphere; some nature maps, some industrial, some alien spaceship, stone/rustic textures like Warlock, futuristic with nice glow lighting. Stuff to interact with like breakable glass walls, conveyor belts, draw bridges or closeable doors. And a couple quality remakes of classic maps some arena and some big team maps. Some of the maps could be larger in size to let the DMR shine more. Like Russet the DMR is actually relevant vs Empire is so small that the magnum always outclasses it. And let the gunfighter mag come back, with slight speed boost. Have that on some maps.
2. Good HD quality color scheme.
3. Pleasant sounding primary weapons. Im talking the Battle Rifle, DMR, and Magnums. Nice and cushioned feeling, deep and repeatable. LIke the H1 mag for example nice deep "OHM", sounds nice to my dome. The h5 magnum is really clacky sounding and that sound gets old. For the BR nice and cushioned and "sprockety" almost semi silenced or tactical similar to some of the upgraded variants in h5, same with DMR, cushioned feeling not too heavy and clacky sounding.
4. The Best Forge yet. Forge could be a tremendous asset in map and content creation. Look at Husky Raid for example, that was a great contest with some really good entries. Maybe Infinite could have quarterly or bi-yearly contests of some variety and the best maps get featured. You know, community slayer/ doubles but the best could be introduced into competitive down the road.
5. Assault Rifle update. I personally like using it. Could tighten the spread, and give it a better reticle.
6. Abilities and movement. I'd be happy with anything. But personally I think keeping it slightly modern is the way to go. I wouldn't go full classic. There exists a gigantic skill gap in H5 mechanically with the super jumps, thrust slides etc. As a guy who never took the time to learn that and always used standard control scheme, that creates a huge leap in "skill' or knowledge. I have always used a controller. But with keyboard mouse becoming relevant, maybe a toned down H5 is the way to go, some abilities but not full on classic. Hybrid of some sort, or introduce something new. Make the console default scheme feel fully relevant.
Have a customisable HUD with different shaped shield bars that you can unlock and have the halo reach customisation system
My infinite wish list would be
- classic style or only have 1 or 2 abilities like thrust and stabilize (h5 was fun, but had too many abilities for a halo game)
- bring back equipment
- bring back power ups like speed boost from h4/h2a if there is no sprint in infinite
- bring back old weapons like the brute shot, mauler, incidenary grenades
- bring back some of the best maps from past halos. Gears of war 4 does this. It would be nice to play new fun maps and some of your old favorite maps in the new game.
- No button combos or glitches that ruin gameplay. Button combos imo are not fun in shooter games like halo and make the game less about strategy and having a good shot. H5 thrust slide ruined the gameplay on maps like fathom were you can get across the entire map in 2 seconds.
- projectile br if there is no sprint or abilities. Hit scan if there are abilities
- regular dlc map updates. Halo 5 did this well. I kept playing halo 5 because there would be monthly updates with new playlists and maps.
- finished game on release
- more social slayer playlists. H5 has quickplay that is for new players. Infinite should have a real social slayer playlists with more than 3 maps.
- ways to play with friends. Halo 3 and reach were fun because of split screen, forge, custom games. Infinite should also have a custom game browser on launch to play different game types with other people online.
- reach like progression and unlock system.
Give me my plasma rifles.
Good campaign
Playable elites
great forge
Everything good.
I'm too lazy to scroll thru 29 pages of replies so I may or may not have posted in this thread previously... but my priorities may have changed anyway.

I've recently decided I'm retiring from online gaming. I'm tired of the hyper competitiveness and the hyper toxicity. (Which is usually a direct result of the competitiveness.) My XBL subscription expires in October and this time, I'm not renewing. I'm going back to single player, and local multiplayer gaming only. If you want more thoughts, go ahead and check out my Waypoint bio.

So because of this, if Infinite wants my pre-order, here's the #1 thing it MUST have: a heck of a lot more offline content than Halo 5 did:

• The campaign must hit it out of the park - very long, fun to play, story that doesn't suck, lots of stuff to explore, plenty of replayability
  • Some type of PVE mode must be playable locally, offline, in custom games, solo or split screen
  • This is the big one - maybe Halo can finally catch up to where COD has been for the last 10 years, and where Quake and Unreal Tournament were 20 years ago, and add AI bots, so we can play simulated multiplayer offline, solo or split screen. Tom French has said he's interested in this, so fingers crossed it could happen.
If Infinite doesn't have at least 2 of those 3 things, I'm out. I'll certainly pick it up eventually, but no pre-order if it's missing these things, which would break my heart to not be able to play the campaign on day 1 with everyone else... but it's not worth my $60 if the offline offering is basically equal to Halo 5's pathetic offline offering.

On the other hand, Bethesda has my $60 pre-order for Doom Eternal, because they EARNED it by offering such a fantastic campaign product with Doom 2016, putting so much work and effort into the single player experience. (Doom 2016 also had AI multiplayer bots, too - developed by Certain Affinity, hint hint 343.) Hopefully Halo learns something from that.
And 1000000000000000000000000000000% more master chief
Wishlist: remove spartan abilities
if they said in the e3 of 2019 that they want to bet on the longing for the first deliveries, they should also connect the halo wars 2 with halo 6.
Bring back reach/4 style armor abilities, at least the thruster and jet packs, so we get those movement options for customs, more options = more fun, they don’t have to be in competitive game modes.

Remove sprint, because it just gives the illusion of speed while actually slowing gameplay down by only letting you travel max speed whilst moving forwards and not allowing weapon fire. Instead, have movement speed and acceleration overall be a tad faster than Halo 2 and 3’s, somewhat akin to classic doom, where you felt like you were rushing a room full of monsters rather than taking a casual stroll into a room full of monsters.

Allow us Dinobros to play as elites again.
also it’d be nice if you brought back Oceanic, it was one of the few stand-out armours from 4 and then it was canned for 5, what’s the deal, it was one of the coolest spartan armours in the series.
If we do not get playable Elites after all of the backlash, I am going to be pretty disappointed.
Moyceyy wrote:
No, I kinda like the REQ system. It keeps people playing.
If they bring back the REQ system they will have to make it not relay on only that. Like you should be able to unlock armor like Reach by leveling up, or by achievements. Weapon skins should only be available through achievements, events, and REQ's.
<p></p>
Wish list === Cortana
NSG12YT wrote:
If they bring back the REQ system [CUT]<p></p>
It would would be crazy to bring back a RNG system like REQ after the backlash H5 got. Especially now after the recent events in the UK.

If you guys don't know loot-boxes in England can't be considered actual gambling with the laws in place, but the regulations commitment suggested that it should be the case. Now the parliament got involved as well:

Quote:
The saga of loot boxes continues. This time, it's Parliament weighing in, with the UK's governing body releasing a report from its Digital, Culture, Media and Sport committee on the issue of loot boxes in games and how they should be handled by regulatory bodies.
The big takeaway? As many people have insisted for a while now, the report suggests that loot boxes—wherein you spend real money for the chance to get a thing you want—are gambling. And, specifically, as Rock Paper Shotgun explains, this committee thinks they should be regulated under UK gambling law since they are "games of chance played for money's worth." If this regulation happens, it could have pretty big ripples. We'll be following this one.

[article piece from The Wired]
If it goes through - and most likely it will - putting yet another gamb... "surprise mechanic" feature would be suicide!
a scarab gamemode where 2 teams with controllable scarabs battle
The one that REALLY needs to happen aside from what I said earlier about anti-teabagging and other body disrespectful behaviors that needs automatic punishments applied among other fair-play measurements,
Woah there, hold on a second

This idea here is not good. I don't do such gloating to other people- but definitely it shouldn't be banned. There's actually no way of automatic enforcement either unless spamming crouch for any reason nets you an automatic ban. What that would do is make people afraid of crouching in a first person shooter.

Below is an example of game developers literally incorporating such a gesture into a game mode
Spoiler:
Show
LED rave armor... So my inner teen is resurfacing.
X19Doug95 wrote:
LED rave armor... So my inner teen is resurfacing.
Wait wut? Wdym?
If they get the campaign right this time - that would be enough for me.
If they remove gambling for unlocks - that's even better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. ...
  7. 30