2. ...
  3. 31
  4. 32
  5. 33
  6. 34
  7. ...
  8. 35
J HOVA 8 wrote:
Classic Halo for MLG mode; other modes are fine with or without advanced movement for me
Hmm... You know I wonder if something like THAT would properly balance both the purists and quality-of-life-care-er's that the entire Halo community is constantly bickering between about...

A Classic-Halo-gameplay-mode types that does NOT have all the modern elements of today, along with Modern-Halo-gameplay-mode types that has all the modern elements, and in the Multiplayer lobbies there two major categories that allow players to either let them play with the Classic elements or the Modern elements or both without changing the preferred game types and player count completely.

Looking at MCC's social multiplayer customizer, it has tons of options of the player count, game mode type, and Halo game of the collection. So upon infinite, it could have another part to that this on top of the player amount preference and game type kinds, like the top tier could have Classic Halo or Modern Halo options you could select either one of them or both of them and then all the other options as they are...

Classic Halo type will have the best parts of Halo's CE to 3 with the general behaviors of all the classic halos like no death cams, no sprinting or armor abilities and such.
Modern Halo type will have the best parts of Halo's Reach to 5 with the general behaviors of all the recent halos like death cams, limited sprinting by default, armor abilities, clambering, SmartScoping, custom loadouts and such.
Game types general rules won't change, CTF is still CTF and such...I would like to see 343 experiment with this idea... Though I don't think this should happen with the campaign, might cause inconsistency somewhere...
Yea that sounds like a good idea Escarietson. I think they could try this out with a beta and see how fans react. Hardcore players would jump right into classic, and players who like modern mechanics could go straight to that. The only problem I foresee is designing maps, I guess you would have to design extra maps specifically for the MLG playlist to accommodate for slower movement, though I think they could increase base movement speed to compensate maybe. The beta would be a good way to see fans' reactions.
J HOVA 8 wrote:
J HOVA 8 wrote:
Classic Halo for MLG mode; other modes are fine with or without advanced movement for me
Hmm... You know I wonder if something like THAT would properly balance both the purists and quality-of-life-care-er's that the entire Halo community is constantly bickering between about...

A Classic-Halo-gameplay-mode types that does NOT have all the modern elements of today, along with Modern-Halo-gameplay-mode types that has all the modern elements, and in the Multiplayer lobbies there two major categories that allow players to either let them play with the Classic elements or the Modern elements or both without changing the preferred game types and player count completely.

Looking at MCC's social multiplayer customizer, it has tons of options of the player count, game mode type, and Halo game of the collection. So upon infinite, it could have another part to that this on top of the player amount preference and game type kinds, like the top tier could have Classic Halo or Modern Halo options you could select either one of them or both of them and then all the other options as they are...

Classic Halo type will have the best parts of Halo's CE to 3 with the general behaviors of all the classic halos like no death cams, no sprinting or armor abilities and such.
Modern Halo type will have the best parts of Halo's Reach to 5 with the general behaviors of all the recent halos like death cams, limited sprinting by default, armor abilities, clambering, SmartScoping, custom loadouts and such.
Game types general rules won't change, CTF is still CTF and such...I would like to see 343 experiment with this idea... Though I don't think this should happen with the campaign, might cause inconsistency somewhere...
Yea that sounds like a good idea Escarietson. I think they could try this out with a beta and see how fans react. Hardcore players would jump right into classic, and players who like modern mechanics could go straight to that. The only problem I foresee is designing maps, I guess you would have to design extra maps specifically for the MLG playlist to accommodate for slower movement, though I think they could increase base movement speed to compensate maybe. The beta would be a good way to see fans' reactions.
i think using mythic arena like movement as a base is a good fusion of modern and classic gameplay that takes the best from both, so no deliberate splitting of the comunity is needed.
J HOVA 8 wrote:
J HOVA 8 wrote:

i think using mythic arena like movement as a base is a good fusion of modern and classic gameplay that takes the best from both, so no deliberate splitting of the comunity is needed.
It was one of many suggestions that may sound like a "Respect Existence or Expect Resistance" kind of thing, but since the Halo 5 Beta had many modern elements that were neutered in the final game due to resistance by the Classic players despite the praise from the Modern players which is still argued about today...

Now don't get me wrong; a classic should never die, but also some things are not meant to last forever... So why not allow both of the extremes in a way that perfectly satisfies both parties without awkwardly hybridizing things? Like what I said about a custom social multiplayer option kinda like MCC has right now, with Modern Halo and Classic Halo options that changes gameplay mechanics like movement, weapons, respawning, shield & health, etc. while the general shticks of Slayer, CTF, etc. remains (mostly) unchanged. Maps same thing, although there might need to be different versions of those that works well with Modern and Classic in their own respective ways...

As for the Competitive part, that might a little more linear (or something) with playlists that say "Classic Team Slayer" and "Modern Team Slayer", or simply "[C] Team Slayer" and "[M] Team Slayer", be creative!

Regardless, I see this as an interesting idea that could possibly be beta tested (maybe with the Insiders and flight testers). If done well, then the community might start getting along a little better. MCC's social options are a bit of an inspiration, so why not utilize that with options for the Classic Go-er's and Modern Go-er's too for Infinite and the fan named sequel, Beyond?

Quote:
"To Infinity and Beyond!" ~ Buzz Lightyear.
*cue the copyright strikes from Disney*
J HOVA 8 wrote:
J HOVA 8 wrote:

It was one of many suggestions that may sound like a "Respect Existence or Expect Resistance" kind of thing, but since the Halo 5 Beta had many modern elements that were neutered in the final game due to resistance by the Classic players despite the praise from the Modern players which is still argued about today...

Now don't get me wrong; a classic should never die, but also some things are not meant to last forever... So why not allow both of the extremes in a way that perfectly satisfies both parties without awkwardly hybridizing things? Like what I said about a custom social multiplayer option kinda like MCC has right now, with Modern Halo and Classic Halo options that changes gameplay mechanics like movement, weapons, respawning, shield & health, etc. while the general shticks of Slayer, CTF, etc. remains (mostly) unchanged. Maps same thing, although there might need to be different versions of those that works well with Modern and Classic in their own respective ways...

As for the Competitive part, that might a little more linear (or something) with playlists that say "Classic Team Slayer" and "Modern Team Slayer", or simply "[C] Team Slayer" and "[M] Team Slayer", be creative!

Regardless, I see this as an interesting idea that could possibly be beta tested (maybe with the Insiders and flight testers). If done well, then the community might start getting along a little better. MCC's social options are a bit of an inspiration, so why not utilize that with options for the Classic Go-er's and Modern Go-er's too for Infinite and the fan named sequel, Beyond?

a slip personality of the game could severly harm map design and campaign design, as you couldn't optimize for both at once. aming for a clearly defined hybrid gameplay ( like mythic arena) and intruducing custom game settings for classic and modern gameplay ( the sprint- code could be left in engine and activateable for custom games) would allow for great variety.

groundpound and spartan charge would be gone though. these are generaly more disliked than liked i think.
Assassination reversals. Just thought of this recently. It would be cool if the assassinated player had an outside chance of pulling off a 'Reversal!', when being assassinated. I don't know how the mechanics would work to allow a reversal, just that it should be a small chance, and that most assassinations would go through uninterrupted as normal. This would involve more animations of course, and if you allow a reversal, would you then need to allow a reversal of the reversal? Potentially too complicated and costly in the animated elements to allow infinite reversal loops.

Zenith/Ascension as an upgrade-able base for an open-world Halo game. This is the idea I had for this map as soon as I played on it. I've previously mentioned this map as a FireFight map. Seeing this float peacefully over the Halo ring just inspired deeper gameplay. Flying missions from this floating base to the Halo surface below. You gain the means to upgrade this bases defenses and capabilities. You need to upgrade it because enemies will attack it from time to time, even during missions on the surface. You may need to fly back to aid in defense. Sometimes enemies will follow you back as you exfil to the base. You may need to find safe harbour else where to protect your base or chance going home and defend from the attack.

Upgrades include better weapons lockers, better scanners/sensors (scan the surface below, detect incoming vessels and objects. Upgrade anti-air defenses, upgrade shielding, upgrade hangers and repair units.

Also recruit, bring back UNSC personnel from missions to staff the base to defend, repair, and, science. Once here these NPCs would be armed by you, given jobs by you and would gain experience over time doing their job. Passing time gains a constant trickle of experience, surviving an attack gains them large amounts of experience. The higher the experience the better they are at their job, the better they are at surviving attacks. Eventually you may not need to return to the base to defend it when your attack warning goes off, because the NPCs will be excellent. The player would need a comprehensive but simple to use command ring menu to issue orders to NPC/A.I..

Another upgrade would be one or two safe rooms for scientists to hide in when the base is assaulted. Upgrade the hanger to support drop pods, Hornets, Falcons, Pelicans. Upgrade the base so you can call in air support during missions, or even boots on the ground if you have the numbers.

Thinking of enemies attacks- and putting it in terms of the Covenant. Not only would attacks come up from the surface from fighters and Spiirits/Phantoms, Tyrant anti-air may get a line on you. Maybe you could upgrade the base to support a Mini-MAC to take out the Tyrants from space rather then mounting a mission. Also Lichs would attack and potentially come from the other side of the ring.

Of course this game would support two-player co-op via split-screen and LAN. Being open-world would mean that this entire ring would need to be fleshed out to a large degree. To me that seems like a very large undertaking. Also what happens if you stay so long on the surface that the base is on the opposite side of the Halo? How long would it take (should it take) to make one loop of the Halo?

I kinda doubt this idea can be implemented into Halo Infinite, but I'd love to see a whole Halo game built around this idea, and it's 343i's fault because they made Zenith/Ascension so beautiful and inspirational!
While were on the topic of "balancing ideas" like what I said about the Classic/Modern Halo options for Halo Infinite (and beyond, and so on and so forth), how about we see more HUMAN enemies, like Insurrectionists or maybe even rogue UNSC marines, ODST's, or even Spartans in the Campaign and Multiplayer modes (or heck in skirmish modes with AI players)?

Halo 5 did in fact provide enemy marines to fight, but they were severely restricted in Warzone as base-defense-only's and were too easy to kill if not rather useless. The only marines we got in the campaign were the Indies of Meridian and weren't that much overall.

Imagine if we get playable/customizable Elites back (hopefully for good) and have various PVP and PVE Spartan VS Elite modes like Invasion or PVP/PVE firefight modes that had AI allies on the offense and defense as an Elite and vise versa. Or maybe as a simulated Insurrection war scenario with various Insurrectionist marines, ODSTs, or even Spartans. A more authentic "War-games" as was stated in Halo 4, but not only with the ability to fight other players and AI's as enemy spartans and allies but also with Elites in the same way, as allies or enemies that allow mixed teams of Spartans and elites (like Halo 2 and 3) and also Spartan vs Elite modes (like Reach).

And why not? Not only in the lore there were Insurrection Wars before and after the Human Covenant War, but also the hard fact of the matter; Humans are incapable of universal unification (same logic applies to the Elites too, Arbiter's Swords of Sanghelios and the Jul 'Mdama's Covenant among others like the Banished).

We can't fight aliens all the time, Spartans have to fight humans too, for they were originally intended to crush human rebellion...
OzoneTTV wrote:
Have a customisable HUD with different shaped shield bars that you can unlock and have the halo reach customisation system
I like that one. While we could get customizable HUD styles that are unlockable (without LootBox gambling, that a cheap shot for corporate greed along as a fuel source for lawsuits and personal bankruptcy), how about provide more "Life-like" HUD behaviors, like HUD Lagging and Helmet Movement like in Metroid Prime.In Metroid Prime, while moving about the HUD elements will move around in accordance with what you're doing along with the helmet bobbing, even when you get hurt (lightly or very hard), and when there was a certain light flash you can get a brief look of Samus's face. All those things were optional, have the helmet visible or not and allow/disallow HUD lagging, overall visibility included.

I personally believe that it was one quality-of-life change that Metroid Prime had over Halo while Halo had the indomitable multiplayer that Nintendo STILL hasn't perfected yet with certain games despite other great online Nintendo games like Mario Kart, unless they have a "special surprise" for the next preview of Prime 4 somewhere (or maybe a more proper overhauling of their online services, the price is right but the features are rather too primitive).

Halo 4 and 5 had something kinda like that but the effects were much more minor, if not a non-existent tease. So if Infinite is getting an improved version of Reach's player customization, that could be a great customizable option for multiplayer to go with the helmets. While the options to have HUD Lag and Helmet View can be either allowed or disallowed by the players both in campaign and multiplayer. Don't like to see your helmet move around with your HUD, that can be your choice!

And why not? Customization freedom is one of many things that made Halo Halo, in my opinion.
Team colored energy sword,duel weilding
Finally a drivable pelican and transport hog that the team can ride.
1: I would love to go back to the Reach style credit system. It felt more satisfying being able to buy the things you want when you want it after achieving a certain rank rather than just random packs that can be paid for. The REQ system didn't make any of my armor or weapon skins feel like any worth knowing that some random low rank person got some legendary armor by chance rather than earning it and Reach felt more personalized even with less armor options you were able to feel accomplished when you finally get that one piece of armor that took you weeks to unlock rather than spending the same amount of time playing and getting random armor you don't care about or spending an excessive amount of money to try getting the one set you actually want.

2: I really don't care for the weapon skins in Halo 5. I would rather just have a few weapon skins that made sense like camos and solid colors like white, black, or green. That may just be me I know people who really like the fun weapon skins but it feels distracting from the game itself and ruins some of the fun for me. Another idea would be to have a very personalized option where you can truly customize your weapon by letting you add colors and decals on certain places instead of it being like a wrap that feels unfinished.

3: Halo 5s multiple armor sets with different decals is a super cool idea and I would love for them to bring it back. The one problem I had with the way Halo 5 did it was that they made it a completely different armor and started jamming my armor inventory with the same looking helmets making it feel overwhelming. I would instead do what you had in Halo Reach where you have a sublist of that particular armor set and gave you all the accessories and decals there making the armor list feel more organized.

4: Bring back some older enemies like the Brutes, Drones, and Flood. They were an awesome enemy to fight and removing them suddenly didn't feel right. I would love to see the Flood return and with the Awakening the Nightmare DLC from Halo Wars 2 I think that is totally possible and with the banished that also gives us some Brutes. I personally don't like fighting the prometheans or forerunners but I do think with the story so far I think it's unavoidable.

5: I really couldn't care less about the different REQ weapons and perks and I would just have them removed completely.

6: Warzone was an awesome idea but I don't think it felt finished. I would want it to feel like a massive war rather than whatever it was trying to do. Have Frigates and Corvettes flying in the air dropping Pelicans and Phantoms with troops and have Sparrows and Banshees flying around in aerial combat with a large firefight style war in a large map. Have one team be UNSC and the other Covenant. There we would have playable Elites I would think. Made game entrances unique every time you play. Have times where the mission is to evacuate the city with civilians in the crossfire. Have Flood modes with massive Flood outbreaks like an infection mode. Have territories and standard troop limit or kill score.

7: Black undersuit.

8: Remove some of the spartan abilities like the spartan charge and ground pound. I'm okay with sprint but I don't need all of those.

9: Have the environment react with the armor. Have your boots get all muddy if your walking through a swamp. If you get shot with your shield down have cracks and dents or maybe even have the cracked visor if you get shot in the head like Halo Reach on the final mission. I know that's unnecessary but I think it would look amazing with the armor and in custom games or matchmaking it would make the game feel great.
Can we have the halo 2-3 sword sound return please. Perhaps a toggle between new and old.
I would just like to state that I absolutely don't want to fight human NPCs in Halo games, not as Spartans/Marines, not as Covenant/enemies etc..
In some of my previous posts I talk about a mode I'd like to see where you play as Covenant. Let me make sure people understand that it isn't to fight human NPCs, but to fight other Covenant forces, Promethean forces, or new alien/robotic enemies. Really not interested in killing human NPCs whether 'insurrectionists' or not.
Flashlight that is like Halo 1-3 that doesnt play catch up when you look around. Halo 5 had the worst flashlight that thing was so delayed with player looking. No need to fix something that wasnt broken. Please dont have that kind of flashlight ever again. It's the little things and that little thing was annoying when you actually needed it for the pitch black section of Halo 5. Also better story would be amazing. Halo 4 had a good story but not so great MP. Halo 5 had fun MP but a awful story. So almost to where it's supposed to be. You got it 343 make this a amazing Halo
Adding customisable A.I/ Bots/ NPC’s to Forge and Custom Games
One small thing I got on my wishlist is having custom emblems on our armor again. Maybe multiple emblems if possible, I mean Edward Buck had like 3 different emblems on his Gen 2 armor. Maybe we could have our Spartan Company emblems too if we choose to as well.
I want to see a better req system. My favorite thing about Halo 5 is Super Fiesta and Warzone. That feeling you get when you respawn with Tartarus's Gavel in your hands. It's great. But I can't stand it when I spend an hour raking in req points to buy a gold pack, only to get some ugly Halo 5 uncommon armor and not Mythic Wrath or Indomitable armor. Keep Super Fiesta and Warzone, keep one time use reqs, but let me purchase the armor, weapon skins, and assassinations that I want. I would also be fine with a larger arsenal.
The flood need to make a return, like they did in Halo Wars 2. That would make for a legit campaign and with the new engine and graphics, be stunningly horrifyingly awesome. But really, I just want the flood to battle with the Prometheans, with the Master Chief in the middle of that action. I want to see flood forms disintegrate at the hand of a Knight, and infection forms overwhelm a Crawler. And with the wildlife we saw in the first preview of the game, there could be new flood forms to fight. But I might have too high of expectations. However, with Cortana in control, hoping to solve galaxy wide peace, the flood could be the answer to save humanity from the oppression of Cortana's Prometheans. Cortana would have to focus all of her power to kill the flood once and for all, and kinda like the scene from Thor Ragnarok, where Hela and the Giant Fire dude battle it out, both forces die from each other. And Chief would walk away in slo-mo with a perfectly timed explosion behind him.
That's my opinion, but honestly, I don't care what we get as long as Chief gets his long awaited debut as the hero, and not some guy running from a random team of Spartans.
I wish that firefight could be offline along with forge. One other thing is please please please no microtransactions or loot boxes. I want to earn the armor and assassinations, not randomly hope I can get it from chance. Apart from that, I'm already liking where the story is going so far, just as long as they actually give characters depth and not leave them stale outlines like Halo 5. Possibly more blood and gore too. Halo 5 did not have enough at all, and didn't feel like halo as much as the others.
My Wishlist for Infinite

General
  • an Achievement similar to Achilles
  • Spartan Companys
  • Achilles Armor + Helmet for those who get it in H5 should be able to wear it in Halo Infinite as a Standart Armor
  • + Achilles Emblem in Memorian of Halo 5
Multiplayer

• a Fair Ranking System Halo 5 is unfair as hell you always get bad team Mates and loose your rank, no matter if you have the most kills that sucks totally
  • Everyone should be able to see the player's rank in Arena or every Ranked Playlist before the game starts
  • Selectable Team color
  • Only get ranked with Players in your Division and not among them
  • Unranked + Bronze , Silver + Gold , Platinum + Diamond , Onyx + Champion
  • Social Playlist, Every Player from each division can join
  • Country Emblems
  • Multi-Team
  • Free For All
well that’s it
Playable Sangheili/Elites, and potentially Playable Jiralhanae/Brutes, that is all I personally wish for, as of now.
a campaign that you can que into a lobby and find random matches. you could change things like if you join at any time or exclusively at the start of the mission, or if the game is private and invite-only. something like that because sometimes my friends aren't worth playing with, or they're not on to play with.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 31
  4. 32
  5. 33
  6. 34
  7. ...
  8. 35