This is a long list.
New Predictions/Wishlist for Halo Infinite: Before July Event...
- M rating
- 30+ hour long Campaign.
Core themes: Mystery, Hope, Nostolgia
A story like no other, as mysterious as Halo: Combat Evolved. A rich, expansive and revolutionary story like Halo 2’s campaign. An ending that is as satisfying as Halo 3. A story as emotional as Halo 4. The story should have dark moments like in Halo: Reach, Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST, where the player is fighting at a disadvantage, a losing battle, and other moments where they are victorious and a hero.
New elements would include a semi-open world game, similar to Metro: Exodus, each mission would be massive in scale. Larger battles.
The cutscenes could be similar to God of War (one shot, seamless transitions to gameplay).
- The campaign does not require internet connection to play.
- Unlockable skulls.
- Armour unlocks from Campaign.
- Old characters and groups returning.
In conclusion, the story should have be deep, rich, expansive and mysterious, filled with emotion, depth, dark moments, and meaningfulness, the best parts of each game).
Spartan Ops returning, similar elements to the Campaign with a different story and setting. Arbiter? Master Chief fashbacks? Jerome-092? Alice-130? Douglas-042?
The AI and environment should be detailed and sophisticated (water splashes on screen, mud on character models, wind blowing trees, weather patterns that change rapidly (not scripted), Warthog tire tracks, Warthog snow build-up, destructible environments, etc...), the level of detail akin to Red Dead Redemption 2 or more.
The little things matter, many people will notice and appreciate it, adds to replay value.
User interface (UI) changes:
The UI should be simple, much like Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. The UI in those games are simple and unique, much of it is organized vertically.
- See other player characters, statistics, etc like in Halo: Reach.
- Less cluttered and intrusive, just more simple but effective and unique in general.
Simple and utilitarian look.
The player does not have to stop, hide behind cover and shoot to kill them effectively. The player has options.
More unique weapon design and functions. The weapons have to serve a purpose, they don’t have to just kill efficiently.
No teleport or simple spawning out of thin air. Weaker to “non-Flood” melee combat. When they die they shouldn’t disappear but fall apart, similar to sentinels.
Flexible AI, complex and adaptable.
Damaging them should be satisfying (visual and audio feedback). Less tanky. They do not take as much damage from melee attacks and weapons.
RPG elements (if they are in the game):
Upgrade vehicles and weapons;
Ex: Warthog can start with classic Halo 3 design, add more armour, weapon storage (hold 2-4 weapons similar to the pelican in Halo 4), upgrade to more modern design (Halo 5) with the classic turret shield, etc...
Build turrets (like Dominion from Halo 4) to guard an area, etc...
- All content at launch;
- All the gamemodes from previous Halo games; Breakout (Original from Halo 5 before it was changed)
- Ranked and Social playlists. Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach style ranking system. Military ranks overall and 1-50 for competitive playlists.
- Playable elites with Halo: Reach style customization or more.
- 4 player splitscreen (Online AND Offline).
- Offline modes (players without internet can still play against AI in all the gamemodes).
- Not free-to-play.
- Party up feature from Halo 3
Custom Games with a Custom Games Browser (Halo 5: Guardians), with improvements, and an improved file share.
Gameplay could be similar to the Halo: 5 event “Mythic Arena”, greatly toned down bullet magnetism and aim assist.
Classic gameplay is in my opinion a better option but I would be completely fine with thuster and hover if it is in the game.
- FOV slider for console.
- Equipment should make a return, refined and rebalanced.
- Spring jumping from Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 5: Guardians.
- Projectile Battle Rifle?
The gameplay should be easy to pick up for newer players and hard to master for more experienced players. Focus on what made Halo unique instead of following trends.
The problems with Halo 5’s gameplay was the advanced movement, it became a very fast twitch shooter, maps had to be made around these abilities (sprint, clamber, etc) making content harder to produce.
Without all these abilities like sprint, clamber, spartan charge and ground pound, the developers have much more freedom to create amazing maps.
Gameplay that has freedom and opportunity.
HUD and weapon customization (custom paint and scratches for weapons) and changing the colour of the HUD from Blue to Green for example, Energy Swords customizable and change the colour from Blue to Red. Moving the HUD around or removing parts of it. Changing the colour of shields when they burst, colouring energy emmiters, etc.
All armour from precious Halo games and lore, Mark IV (HW, HW2), Mark V (H:CE), Mark VI (H2, H3), all other armour from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, some designs from Halo 4 and 5 redesigned into more classic looking armour (Warrior, Scout, Mark VI Gen 2, Recruit, etc).
Halo Reach customization added in with (scratches, cloaks, paint) and for Elites designs like the Spec-ops, Heretic (Halo 2A Campaign), Officer, Ranger, Zealot, Ultra, Field Marshal and General from Reach, all Halo 3 and Halo 2: Anniversary Elite armour, The Silent Shadow elite armour etc...
- More assassinations, stances, etc...
- Challenges returning.
- Every single vehicle from every previous Halo game.
- Balanced similar to Halo 3, powerful but able to be countered and destroyed with teamwork. Varients from Halo 5? Many of these would be available in the Campaign and Multiplayer (ones that actually work), others in Forge.
Ground vehicles: Jackrabbit (HW2), Warthog (Transport, cut concept from Halo 2 with doors,), Civillian vehicles (Spade, Trucks, etc), Cyclops (HW2), Wolverine (HW2), Cobra (HW2), Kodiak (HW2), Gremlin (HW), Mastodon (HW2), Grizzly (HW2), Rhino (HW), watercraft?, etc.
Air and space vehicles: Kestrel (H:SA), Hawk (HW), Nightengale (HW2), Frostraven (HW2), Pelican (H:CE-H:R), Vulture (HW2), Condor (HW2), Shortsword (HW), Longsword (H:R), etc...
Covenant or Banished:
Ground vehicles: Shadow (H2A), Locust (HW2), Scarab (HW2), etc...
Air and space vehicles: Space Banshee (H:R), Seraph (H:R), Vampire (HW), Phantom (H:CE-H:R), Spirit (H:CE-H:R), Space Phantom (H:R), etc...
- AI, Dominion turrets, more realistic textures, effects (better weather), sculpting tool for terrain (to create mountains, hills, lakes, cliffs, caves, etc). More objects, decals, decorations, filters and options.
- Change world physics like gravity (affect the whole map).
- Change weapon characteristics (magazine size, aim assist, magnetism, damage, accuracy, range, rate of fire, cool down time, etc)
- Change vehicle characteristics (handling, traction, speed, turn radius, weight, health, damage, etc)
- All vehicles previously mentioned, all weapons from previous Halo games, Forge World (added spaces, more room, bigger map), object size slider, mod support for console.
- Forge in Firefight, Forge in Campaign, Forge in Warzone (if Warzone returns), etc...
Theater: in all modes in the game (Campaign. Multiplayer, Firefight, Custom Games, Forge).
Theater will help the film community within Halo to grow.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!