Got some things I'll just toss in a list. If 343 ever reads it maybe it'll give them some ideas. Most things I cover we know are coming back, but I wanted to add how I think they should be done.
1. This is an idea that has never been seen before, but I think would be really cool. Having a customizable HUD would be awesome even if it was something just as simple as having a colour change option.
2. I would very much like for Sgt Stacker and Chips Dubbo make a return. I think this is extremely necessary. Especially if missions like rescueing soldiers and stuff are gonna exist. I mostly believe they will because this was pointed out with some of the labled locations on the Halo Infinite map screen.
3. This kind of ties in with the first one, but along with soldiers we need to have our ODSTs come back. Even if canon wise a lot of them became Spartans, we need our homeboys back.
4. Contoversial, but I think the way I'll describe this many people would be okey with it. I'd like to see a refined Smart Scope. Full screen zooming like in the origional games. No true Aim Down Sights though. Canon wise and realistically speaking, aiming down sights wearing a full helmet is extremely uncomftorable and difficult. Especially when you're weaing armour on you chest and arms. Along with this though I'd like to have that small zoom in effect for weapons without scopes.
5. If this is a platform that'll continue the story of Chief for 10 years I think having side missions or different smaller campaigns featuring other characters would be awesome. This would be the better way of Handling it compared to how Halo 5 did it. I think Locke should be given a final chance at the spotlight using this concept because I blame the hate for his character on bad writing.
6. I think at some point in the lifespan of the game all weapons should be included in some way shape or form. Especially the classic weapons. The classic weapons of the franchise are what scream and define Halo and they need to be here. Loved the new guns we saw and I think the biggest reason people didn't like them were because they were replacements. Many people say that weapon variety in Halo 5 was one of their favourite parts and I feel this should stay. Love having a Kriss Vector styled rifle being added. It may be Halo, but not every gun has to be Bullpup.
7. As many people have said here. The Arbiter should make some kind of return and at least fight alongside Chief once or twice. Going back to my 4th point, having an Arbiter side story would be really cool.
8. I know we're getting old armour customization back, even better than before if rumours are true. However, I think it should be done like this. I would like armour unlocking to be done like Halo 4 if theres no credit system like Reach. There needs to be plenty of free customization in the base game unlocked via leveling, achievements, and commendations. Also, I love how know one is questioning why the Mark VII Armour from Mega Construx has a red right forearm, right shoulder, and helmet while the rest of the armour is grey. Could this be hinting at individual armour piece customization for colouring?
9. I'd like weapon skins come back. I've seen very little complaints on this addition to Halo and would love to see it return. The Halo Nerf AR might soft confirm this as it says it'll release with a code for an in game item. Would love to have a Nerf AR skin. Nerf did the colouring so much better than BoomCo on the AR in my opinion.
10. Going back to classic routes I think that a Warthog run should be included in the campaign somewhere. Would love to see that return in some way, shape, or form.
11. Firefight, definatley firefight. Warzone would be fine too, but it lacked the single player aspect which also removed editing wave settings and so on. Firefight or Warzone should be there in some form.
12. Campaign, Multiplayer, Forge, and Theater. These modes are stapples of Halo. They all should be in the game. Preferably at launch, but I'll live with it if some need another month or two.
13. The custom browser should return for maps, game types, screenshots, and clips. I think this is a must and would love to have it back in Infinite.
14. Mostly the Falcon, but I'll put it this way because this would be so much better. Every faction should have a vehicle equivelent to the UNSC. For example, from Halo 5 the UNSC had the Wasp, the Covenant had the Banshee, and the Prometeans had the Phaton. Would love this concept done with the Warthog and the other vehicles. Oh and the troop Warthog. People have been asking for this just as much as a flyable Pelican. Loved the addition of the Scout Warthog though.
15. Another controversial one, but I loved the intro and outro animations for multiplayer. Was extremely disappointed they removed the cool animations from the Beta though. Though it was stupid they kept the intros and outros while all your spartans do is just stand there now. Would be neat if the animation was customizable.
16. Customizable assasanations. Would love to have this back. Very fun and enjoyable addition.
17. Announcer voices or player characters voices. Would enjoy having both of these back. One for game announcements and another for player callouts.
18. Customizable stances. Another addition I feel should come back.
19. A proper gamer card which shows some base stats along with you player armour in game lobbies. Reach and Halo 4 had this and it was really cool. Halo 5 had it technically, but everything was hidden. Only real place you could see your customization options was in the post game report. They should follow either Reach or Halo 4 for this.
20. Microtransactions. With it's return I think it needs to be done properly and I'd like to see it done kind of like this. As stated in my 8th point, the base game needs a decent chucnk of free customization no matter what. That aside I'd love to see skins and armours purchasable if we're getting microtransactions back. Nothing should be random and we should get exactly what we are paying for. This is the proper way to do it. No loot boxes or REQs.