Halo Community is Halo's biggest problem

OP TheCiscoKid0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I want to start this off by stating that we as a Halo community don't truly appreciate how picky we get to be. Or how difficult it is for 343 when literally every direction they take with Halo is scrutinized by every single form of Halo fan out there. Many hate sprint, many don't; many have a specific preference for design, many have a far different design in mind. You get the gist. Now I would like to state that I am fairly interested in Halo Infinite with what little we've seen, but in no way shape or form can I give this game a final judgment simply because there was realistically only about 5 and a half minutes of gameplay shown. So I find it a bit ridiculous just how many final judgments I've seen with this game.

(These are my thoughts on the the demo and a small bit of the previous Halo games, skip if you so please). Keep in mind my favorite game is H2
I personally am more excited than not about both the gameplay and the story. I love the Banished but think they could use a bit more depth. The dynamic between Chief and the pilot feel gravitating, considering that part of the demo is said to be a few hours into the game. Story feels like a Halo story so far. I'm not gonna say graphics aren't important but if you are seriously turned off to this game because of how it looks then go sit at the kids table while the adults talk. But the most important part of Halo is gameplay, and this game looks fun and filled with potential. Tackling the elephant in the room, sprint is back and it looks to be done the best it's ever been in a Halo game. It doesn't look crazy fast like Halo 5 or OP like Halo 4. And I always thought sprint being a separate ability is weird. But the fact is that some will flat out not buy Infinite due to sprint, which is more tragic than logical. Weapon sandbox looks fun again and seems like weapons will be more role based than balanced again, if that makes sense. I hate that they replaced the shotgun and magnum though lol. Drop abilities, grapple, and throwable fusion coils look amazing if we're being honest. I'm glad grapple is only a pick-up in multiplayer or that would be wack. Slide and clamber are alright. The enemies look like they could be fun again. AI look a bit slower than Halo 5 but that's a good thing in my opinion, less supercharged mayhem.
(END OF THOUGHTS)
Now with that said all I've seen from 343 since Halo 5 is improvement. They seem to be setting up a really good story and have made the gameplay to be somewhat of a compromise between OG and new Halo fans. Those who like the simpler format of gameplay and those who like something fast paced.
343 is trying to do what Bungie did 20 years ago and trying to get everyone to love Halo again, old and new fans. But the much of our community either focuses on past mistakes, specific gameplay functions, or god forbid it's not the most beautiful game you've ever seen graphically. I've seen some in the community say Halo is dead without realizing they are the ones trying to condemn Infinite when we've only seen 5 and a half minutes of gameplay.

I wanna know who feels as I do, that Infinite has hope to be great, and that we just need to sit back and see what a new chapter of Halo brings us. Plus have you heard the music? Is god-like.
Genuinely think that is most gaming communities to be honest.

So many entitled and toxic gamers. Will try not to be too critical, I used to be one of them.

The game looks mad fun and I can't wait to play it. Currently I'm a little torn between XSeriesX and PS5, they've both revealed far too little info to make a reasonable decision yet. But Halo Infinite along with the quality of the gamepass has me leaning hard towards the XSX for now. Pricing and launch titles will be very important for me though so I'm very keen to see what they drop.
Ken2379 wrote:

So many entitled and toxic gamers. Will try not to be too critical, I used to be one of them.

The game looks mad fun and I can't wait to play it. Currently I'm a little torn between XSeriesX and PS5, they've both revealed far too little info to make a reasonable decision yet. But Halo Infinite along with the quality of the gamepass has me leaning hard towards the XSX for now. Pricing and launch titles will be very important for me though so I'm very keen to see what they drop.
Go with a pc, it will outlast both consoles and you'll have far more to choose from as games go.
RBaziFX wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:

Go with a pc, it will outlast both consoles and you'll have far more to choose from as games go.
while true, you are not considering a lot of variables. PC's need a dedicated space (if they don't have an office or desk already) they are also not plug in play and require additional hardware . While I think the investment is work it, not everyone wants that kind of system for gaming.
RBaziFX wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:

while true, you are not considering a lot of variables. PC's need a dedicated space (if they don't have an office or desk already) they are also not plug in play and require additional hardware . While I think the investment is work it, not everyone wants that kind of system for gaming.
I agree they are far from convenient but far more versatile but as you said its very user dependent. But never have a regretted the switch over since I did it.
I really hate this community blaming nonsense. 343 started out mending the rift in the community Bungie had caused with Reach. Then apparently they decided to drive a wedge into said community by doubling down on all of Reach's most controversial aspects. Then they "listened" to the feedback by mostly doing more of the same while giving classic fans some token concessions like equal starts(in Arena, Warzone is just Halo 4: the gametype) and descope while changing the core player experience even more than they did in H4.

343 doesn't deserve any sympathy for having to deal with a "variety" of Halo fan when they created this situation in the first place. I really tired of portions of the community playing corporate defender and constantly trying to deflect criticism by framing the community as being "picky" or "unappreciative" of 343's position.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
WerepyreND wrote:
I really hate this community blaming nonsense. 343 started out mending the rift in the community Bungie had caused with Reach. Then apparently they decided to drive a wedge into said community by doubling down on all of Reach's most controversial aspects. Then they "listened" to the feedback by mostly doing more of the same while giving classic fans some token concessions like equal starts(in Arena, Warzone is just Halo 4: the gametype) and descope while changing the core player experience even more than they did in H4.

343 doesn't deserve any sympathy for having to deal with a "variety" of Halo fan when they created this situation in the first place. I really tired of portions of the community playing corporate defender and constantly trying to deflect criticism by framing the community as being "picky" or "unappreciative" of 343's position.
Agreed. It wasn’t a good look when everyone found out how 343i hired people who hated Halo to work on it. My first question was why did they not hire people who like other franchises like CoD in addition to Halo? There are plenty of those. It’s not even close to the best option to pick people who actively dislike a franchise to work on it.
343 Industries have been in charge of Halo for nearly ten years. Even if we've only seen a few minutes of gameplay, that's plenty to know how the game will turn out based on 343 Industries' track record. As fans, we know the things that have been beneficial/detrimental to the series' success. Some of the people criticizing what's been shown have been playing Halo longer than some defending it have been alive.

And just so we're clear, I only take serious issue with a couple of things that were shown/told.
Some of the people criticizing what's been shown have been playing Halo longer than some defending it have been alive.
And it didn't take long. Exhibit A. Next someone will tell me I can't be a true fan...
Darwi wrote:
Some of the people criticizing what's been shown have been playing Halo longer than some defending it have been alive.
And it didn't take long. Toxic community in practice... exhibit A.
If you take issue with what I said, please provide an actual response beyond a dismissive buzzword.
Keep it clean and constructive, everyone. This topic has the potential to get SPICY and we'll be keeping our eyes on it. Post and conversate nicely.
RBaziFX wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:

I would disagree. You can use your PC just as you would a console by plugging it into your TV. And if you REALLY wanted to, you could just use a wireless controller and chill on the couch while playing on your PC just as you would an Xbox.
Darwi wrote:
If you take issue with what I said, please provide an actual response beyond a dismissive buzzword.
Somewhat sarcastic comment. All you had to do was add that you couldn't possibly be a 'true' halo fan and you've paraphrased the majority of toxic commentators.
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Somewhat sarcastic comment. All you had to do was add that you couldn't possibly be a 'true' halo fan and you've paraphrased the majority of toxic commentators.
Again, buzzword (and the same one you edited out of your previous reply).

There's no such thing as a "true" fan of anything as being a fan simply requires liking something. What I was saying was that if someone has more years of experience with something than someone else, chances are they have a better understanding of what they're talking about.
RBaziFX wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:

I would disagree. You can use your PC just as you would a console by plugging it into your TV. And if you REALLY wanted to, you could just use a wireless controller and chill on the couch while playing on your PC just as you would an Xbox.
you still have the need for additional hardware (keyboard and mouse). Really, it still becomes more then the average gamer would do if they want a system at there tv.
To be fair most gaming communities suck. In every game your going to have one sided groups who think they are right(guilty as charged), but what is ultimately important is that we all have a good game to play at the end of the day. Infinite gameplay wise is looking to be pretty good though until i see multiplayer gameplay i will stay hesitate on my opinion.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Not sure if I really vibe with this sentiment. Even though it’s true that some people can be super toxic, there are many more who rationally voice the concerns they have with Halo Infinite so far. As someone who’s new to the Halo community, I’m totally hyped for the game!…however, everyone deserves to have their voices heard. Regardless of whether or not it seems like they nitpick, a lot of people genuinely love this franchise while also not enjoying what they’ve seen from Infinite so far. In my opinion, it 100% most definitely doesn’t mean they’re what’s ‘wrong’ with Halo! They’re just not stoked for the game like others of us are, which is totally fine—so long as all discussion is kept civil!
the biggest problem facing gaming is people who invest too much of their identity into the games they play so that whenever someone decides to criticize the thing they like they feel personally attacked. That's why you have people complaining about people being "entitled". This is a game made by a multi billion dollar company this is not a Christmas present your friend made for you. Your not being entitled for thinking this game looks bad.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5