Halo Community is Halo's biggest problem

OP TheCiscoKid0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Sprint and ADS discuss for 5 years, what a community.
WerepyreND wrote:
I really hate this community blaming nonsense. 343 started out mending the rift in the community Bungie had caused with Reach. Then apparently they decided to drive a wedge into said community by doubling down on all of Reach's most controversial aspects. Then they "listened" to the feedback by mostly doing more of the same while giving classic fans some token concessions like equal starts(in Arena, Warzone is just Halo 4: the gametype) and descope while changing the core player experience even more than they did in H4.

343 doesn't deserve any sympathy for having to deal with a "variety" of Halo fan when they created this situation in the first place. I really tired of portions of the community playing corporate defender and constantly trying to deflect criticism by framing the community as being "picky" or "unappreciative" of 343's position.
No doubt that 343 deserves constructive feedback, keyword being constructive, however it's not just one side or the other. While 343 has made questionable decisions with Halo 5, (maybe microsoft had to do with that more than 343 who knows) and they have got that constructive feedback and criticism, there are also so many people who give destructive feedback, which can't be ignored. I've seen both sides, so I just wanted to clarify. The MCC and Halo 4 can't be ignored either. The MCC launched in a super buggy state, and later on, they've been improving the game substantially, but still, we can't forget the launch. I honestly really like Halo 4, but I won't deny that it changed a lot of things, and many people weren't fine with that. I've seen plenty of comments about the art-style, sprint, ordnance, loadouts, and tons of people calling it a Call of Duty game. Halo 5 launched in a questionable way for me, and I'm pretty sure many other people as well. It didn't have split-screen, which was crazy, because it was a feature in every first person shooter halo game before it. I just assumed it was gonna be there. It also added in the req system, which was the first time Halo got microtransactions, and that's controversial by itself. Again, 343 updated that game to be much better than it was at launch.

I just wanna say, there isn't just one side to it. 343 does deserve constuctive feedback and criticism. There are many fans who give exactly that. There do exist Halo fans who are respectful with what they say in their feedback (at least I believe so with the Act Man being one of them.) But, there are also those who can give the worst feedback possible. I don't want this to come off as me saying I'm factually correct. I'm just going off of what I've seen so far. If you're wondering where I stand with Infinite, I think the game looked fun and great before it got delayed, but I do think it's good that it got delayed. I know that there are those who are disappointed with that because they were planning on playing it at that specific time they were told it was gonna be released, but when the game get's delayed, 343 should have more time to fix things, such as bugs and glitches, polishing the graphics, possibly adding more weapons, equipment, campaign missions, and more. Now this delay could possibly be bad as well, because there are games out there that have been delayed many times, and released in a questionable state (duke nukem forever is an example.) I hope the former is the case.
Halo community reminds me a lot of the Star Wars community, and you can see what the Star Wars community is going/has gone through.
Yes, a fractured fanbase because of a new company that threw the old fans away in favor of catering to completely different audiences.
All I'm saying is if they made a true return to classic Halo gameplay they would have received far more praise than criticism than they're getting now.

Here we have a LOT of Halo fans begging for a return to classic and the rest not really caring either way.

343 is dumb and are basically shooting themselves in the foot here.
Bro, you couldn't have put this in better words. I'm in love with your points. I've been scouring the forums posting for the first time in years to give some positivity to the game. Yes, it has some final graphical adjustments it needs, but the reveal honestly didn't say too much. I mean, if we were to talk about something, heres this to feed on. We've seen a sliver of the campaign. Theres been little and mostly no info on things like Multiplayer, Forge, Theatre, Firefight/Warzone/Spartan Ops, Customs Browser, Spartan Customization, the new open world mechanics, or this supposodley leaked Battle Royale mode. That is a MONSTROUS amount of content we have no information on regardless of whether some or all are included. This game ain't gonna be no Halo 4 or Halo 5 even with the little information we've been given. It is supposed to be so much larger. I'm glad with the content drought to an extant because I want this game to blow me away. I don't want to get to overhyped about it. The return of a more "classic" art style was more than enough to make me happy. I've also been here since Halos beginning and I still welcome sprint.

On top of that I love the new weapons and I think their more than Halo enough. Love that the commando is inspired by the Kriss Vector. Remember guys, not every gun in the universe has to be Bullpup. I'm just disappointed that many of the classic weapons are probably not gonna return still. Specifically the shotgun and magnum as 343 stated. I don't think this should be ignored. The two things that define the franchise and make it recognizable to anyone is the armour and weapons. Honestly, the Commando and Bulldog are already favourites of mine as far as they look and seem to play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5