3. 106
  4. 107
  5. 108
  6. ...
  7. 109
Yeah it will be a bumer
343 Industries Just Stated This:
Quote:
"Based on our learnings from Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Wars 2 – along with strong community feedback – we decided to shift back towards the legacy aesthetics that defined the original trilogy. With Halo Infinite, we’re returning to a more ‘classic’ art style which was a key message going back to the very first reveal that garnered enthusiastic and positive responses. This translates to a more vibrant palette, “cleaner” models and objects with less “noise”, though it doesn’t mean less detail. While we appreciate this may not be everyone’s personal preference, we stand by this decision and are happy to see it resonating with so many fans around the world."

"The second theme being discussed involves visual fidelity. Negative feedback in this area includes comments around characters and objects appearing flat, simplistic and plastic-like, lighting feeling dull and flat, and object pop-in. We’ve read your comments, we’ve seen the homemade examples of retouched content, and yes we’ve heard the Digital Foundry assessments. In many ways we are in agreement here – we do have work to do to address some of these areas and raise the level of fidelity and overall presentation for the final game. The build used to run the campaign demo was work-in-progress from several weeks ago with a variety of graphical elements and game systems still being finished and polished. While some of the feedback was expected and speaks to areas already in progress, other aspects of the feedback have brought new opportunities and considerations to light that the team is taking very seriously and working to assess. We don’t have firm answers or outcomes to share yet but the team is working as quickly as possible on plans to address some of the feedback around detail, clarity, and overall fidelity. The team is committed and focused on making sure we have a beautiful world for players to explore when we launch."
They're gonna stick by their decision they say. Hmmm, We love in the world of technology, graphics and gamers who love their games more than anything. This is the beginning of the end of Halo. Where people who almost quit Halo as a Whole after Bungies last Halo game, if it wasn't for 343, Halo would have died. It was hard to find games in multiplayer for awhile and then Halo died. When Halo 4 came out, Halo was popin again, when Halo 5 released, Halo was extremely FUN.
W
Halo Infinite releases with it's Crappy Graphics, Crappy Playstyle, Grapple Hook and More, the game is going to be popin for at least 2 years before it dies, Why? Because Halo Vets and Top Tier Halo Clans loved Halo 4/5 Multiplayer, and if you look at the hate now, even with me. 343 One, is going to receive so much hate on release. When I was at the Halo Convention last for Halo Infinite, this game looked awesome. Now, I don't even want to touch it because they reversed it.

"This game is gonna be one of the best Halos yet." I quoted, Now I'll say that this is going to be one of the worst Halos.

Share your comments below, I'd like to hear everyones feedback on 343 Industries Reversal...

Note: I will still be getting the game, I still will be playing on a -Yoink- Halo, but at least I'll be up to par with the story. Until their next game.
" Side Note: They should keep everything in Halo 5, give it a boost and keep everything they have now. The graphics were great, if they are going to downgrade to classic, in my opinion, they should keep it on Xbox One and away from Xbox Series X. Because for a high grade console, that is going to look crappy as all hell on the new console.
Ok i just the community update. I adore everything, all of our issues and complaints were addressed, i have one single problem. And its a big one. A VERY big one. The Magnum and Shotgun have to come back AT LAUNCH. Theyve been in every game, i dont care about the Sidekick and Bulldog. Theyre cool, i hate them because theyre replacing the weapons ive used my entire life. The graphics, story, gameplay, im confident and excited for. The weapons need to return and not be replaced, full stop. Fix this 343 like now
Maybe you are right dude, but we have to keep in mind that it is only a demo, obviously not all the weapons in the game have been shown, they just gave us a look at the small change that infinite halo will have, they have to understand that it is still in development the game and that there are still changes to make, 343 is doing everything possible to give us an excellent game, and for us as a community, we can only wait and support.
The VK78 Commando is poorly designed. The magazine frame would never appear on a battle rifle. The frame can bend or get plugged so you can't put a mag in. The magazine capacity should be 30 rounds. The rifle should have two modes of firing 3-round burst and full auto. Add a under slung grenade launcher (like what the US is developing: 30 mm side load) A side mount flashlight and hard light bayonet. You should have tracer-incendiary rounds every 3 round (1xtracer-Incendiary, 2xAP) so you can see where and what you hitting.

On the Master Chief's (MC) right forearm you should have a hard-light device which would be like a PR24 police baton. The long end is a knife and in front of the handle is a elongated pyramid penetrator maybe with a downward facing hook to rip thing apart.

The movement and running of the MC should be 1/3 faster that the banished. The way this would look on screen is the MC movement would be normal and the enemy slowed down by 1/3.

The new handgun should be sized to fit inside VK78 rear stock. It is a last-ditch weapon. the M6 is the main handgun. The 10 mm verse the 12.7 mm is like comparing the 10mm auto to a 500 Smith and Wesson (S&W) magnum. Personally I would adopt a cartridge like the 357 Sig. It is a 9mm on a necked down 40 S&W (short 10mm auto case). It has high velocity and good penetration for an up close weapon.

I suggest you make a squad auto weapon based on the new 6.5mm cartridge. It would be a 5 barrel eclectically powered mini-gun. It would have a 200 round bottom mount magazine. Add in tracer-incendiary rounds every 5th round and you would really have a great visual effect. Bullet hoses are always fun.
Oh my god. NO MAGNUM OR SHOTGUN. please, use what you learned from halo 5 with the Rocket launcher. If you are "going to go back to the original art style." PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ICONIC shotgun, the thing that made the Spas-12 stock sound so iconic, and shotgun sounds as a whole.

then. THE MAGNUM IS LITERALLY ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC THINGS IN HALO.
1.Master Chief
2.AR
3.Magnum
4.Grunts
5.Elites
Those are the most iconic things in Halo (mainline games). and not having one of those is not ok.
Please dont repeat the Rocket Launcher Incident from Halo 5.
I really like what i saw guys and can't wait play Halo Infinite. I don't care about the graphics. Stay positive, you're on the right way in my opinion.
yeah, we just keep on giving feedback that the team will help to make the game improve. rather being so toxic about it.
Why oh why did you have to get rid of the MA5D?

You finally PERFECTED the assault rifle concept in H5, why would you ditch that?
Is there a confirmed date yet?
There was an apparent "leak" for Thanksgiving 2020. But nothing official. Always take any and every leak, no matter the credibility of the source, with a small pinch of salt. 343 nor Microsoft nor Xbox has made any formal Announcement and one may not come until mid June. We can expect an announcement sometime before or around the first half of June as this is the original dates of E3. As E3 is canceled, Xbox will be hosting a live stream instead. I expect an official release date of the console and game during that stream. So, to be specific, wait for another 8 to 10 weeks from now for an official announcement.
The confirmed date is holiday 2020. It's safe to say that it will launch with Microsoft's flagship console, the Xbox Series X.
Here is the thing. How many holidays are included at the end of 2020? Halloween can be safely determined as not the date. It is too early and is not considered when using the phrase "Happy Holidays." However, while I cannot speak for the rest of the world, in the US, when we send Christmas Cards (or Greeting Cards depending on if we celebrate Christmas) we usually send them starting mid November. Most say either Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. This includes Thanksgiving as the time they are sent is before this Holiday. Meaning, the launch will occur in late November or Early December.

But remember this:
What do we call the day AFTER Thanksgiving?

Black Friday. It would be almost guaranteed to have massive sales (quantity. Not sale price) if it launches on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. It would be much more prudent to launch at that time than closer to Christmas.

Edits: I seem to have forgotten words. Original seemed a bit confusing. Added them for additional context. Specifically for Non-American readers.

Changes made:
"Christmas" is now "Christmas Cards"
"greeting" is now "Greeting Cards"
The sentence "This includes Thanksgiving." is now "This includes Thanksgiving as the time they are sent is before this Holiday."
"then" is now "at that time"

Hopefully the changes reflect a much more clear message than what I had originally said.
Holiday 2020 means Thanksgiving/Black Friday because that is when the most people buy holiday gifts.
Forum Team:

Why do you think a pump 12 gauge is faster for a Spartan to use than a pump 8 gauge. A Spartan is augmented and recoil will not affect them like a marine or ODST. A semi auto Bulldog would be a good shotgun. A 12 gauge with buckshot is effective to 30 meters. For longer range you use slugs. For better accuracy you use a rifled barrel and a saboted projectile. Under stress some people short stroke a pump shotgun which jams it (you don't full seat the first shell and try to load and fire a second shell). The Bulldog should be semi auto. I would suggest you have straight rifling which makes shot shells more accurate. At the end of the barrel a choke tube you can twist to add rifling to the last 3-4 inches. You then can shoot slugs (or hard projectiles), HE slugs etc, flechetes rounds, Dragon's breath rounds (flammable metal than shoots out of a shotgun like a flame thrower etc.
There was an apparent "leak" for Thanksgiving 2020. But nothing official. Always take any and every leak, no matter the credibility of the source, with a small pinch of salt. 343 nor Microsoft nor Xbox has made any formal Announcement and one may not come until mid June. We can expect an announcement sometime before or around the first half of June as this is the original dates of E3. As E3 is canceled, Xbox will be hosting a live stream instead. I expect an official release date of the console and game during that stream. So, to be specific, wait for another 8 to 10 weeks from now for an official announcement.
The confirmed date is holiday 2020. It's safe to say that it will launch with Microsoft's flagship console, the Xbox Series X.
Here is the thing. How many holidays are included at the end of 2020? Halloween can be safely determined as not the date. It is too early and is not considered when using the phrase "Happy Holidays." However, while I cannot speak for the rest of the world, in the US, when we send Christmas Cards (or Greeting Cards depending on if we celebrate Christmas) we usually send them starting mid November. Most say either Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. This includes Thanksgiving as the time they are sent is before this Holiday. Meaning, the launch will occur in late November or Early December.

But remember this:

Black Friday. It would be almost guaranteed to have massive sales (quantity. Not sale price) if it launches on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. It would be much more prudent to launch at that time than closer to Christmas.

Edits: I seem to have forgotten words. Original seemed a bit confusing. Added them for additional context. Specifically for Non-American readers.

Changes made:
The sentence "This includes Thanksgiving." is now "This includes Thanksgiving as the time they are sent is before this Holiday."

Hopefully the changes reflect a much more clear message than what I had originally said.
Holiday 2020 means Thanksgiving/Black Friday because that is when the most people buy holiday gifts.
You do realize Thanksgiving is an American only holiday and Black Friday is only American and British, right? Holiday 2020 could refer to just about anything really. For all we know, I could be way off and we could be looking at a near Christmas release. Or similar.
Please add Blood and the Flood to the game.
Halo Infinite looks really good!!! Can’t wait to play it!!
The game looks super good, I'm super anxious
Please add Blood and the Flood to the game.
I'm hoping the story of Infinite is that The Banished try to release the flood on that Halo, then hide on The Ark and then wipe everyone out with the rings from a safe spot. Once everyone's dead, they take over the galaxy. We have to 'turn' Corona and The Guardians and get her help with The Banished. I think it would be a cool story. As long as the blood they put in is appropriate to each race, like the other Halos, and not Mortal Kombat levels, I don't mind.

But remember this:

Changes made:

You do realize Thanksgiving is an American only holiday and Black Friday is only American and British, right? Holiday 2020 could refer to just about anything really. For all we know, I could be way off and we could be looking at a near Christmas release. Or similar.
Holiday 2020 almost certainly means late November so as to be in advance of the all-important Christmas gift purchase window. Give or take a couple weeks.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I can't wait! It looks so good!
Im interested to see how this goes
Form Team,

Most of my posts have been on the new weapons. While I would like to hear back from you I don't think that will happen. You are all busy and what would you say.

I am excited to see what will unfold in the blog posts in August through October. I went back and read the material in the overview and then watch the reveal demo again several times. There is a lot of good information and it was fun to watch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 106
  4. 107
  5. 108
  6. ...
  7. 109